x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Review: Wolfgang Rolke' WR Tools ResInfo 1.33

1 2
Uncle Ben Page Icon Posted 2005-03-16 4:01 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Hurricane John - 2005-03-16 7:37 AM

Uncle Ben

I've used ResInfo 1.33 on both my HP720 and MP 900 and I've not had any problem performing a soft reset on my Handhelds!

What version of WR Tools-ResInfo are you using because unless I missed something in v1.33, I didn't see a 'soft reset' button within ResInfo. The only reset button was the one used to reset the Battery Timer in the Battery folder.

John

Well, Hurricane John, now that C:Amie has confirmed that the problems have been fixed, how about if you take ResInfor 1.40 for a spin on your MobilePro 900 and get back to us, hey - well, why not, no point both of us working in the same tracks, no?
 Top of the page Quote Reply
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-03-16 5:18 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

I think a fix will not appear until 1.41, 1.40 was released before the review.
Wolfgang Page Icon Posted 2005-03-16 7:01 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Directly after Uncle Ben posted the internal name of the MobilePro 900 ( "NEC" ), I have made available a new release (1.40.119) with a "quick fix" (http://www.wolfgang-rolke.de/wince/resinfo.zip). The next major update will come in one or two weeks.

To cmonex: I use myself a HP Jornada 720 and I never had problems with ResInfo. ResInfo has been programmed very much defensively. Nevertheless, interaction with other software can never be excluded.

ResInfo was tested on many Handheld PCs and Pocket PCs. Only on the demolux dbook1 there was a problem. But on this device Microsoft Resource Meter from the PowerToys also did not run properly.

I would be glad about suggestions for improvement to WR-Tools ResInfo.

Rgds
Wolfgang
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2005-03-16 10:41 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Thanks Wolfgang for all of the work you have put into the software. It helps out so much. Also C:AMIE for the translation link!
Victor Tavares Page Icon Posted 2005-03-17 11:31 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

I use myself a old HP 360 LX and I never had problems with ResInfo

In folder Task List processes "end task" was excellent.

Best regards
Victor Tavares
Wolfgang Page Icon Posted 2005-03-17 1:54 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Victor Tavares - 2005-03-17 6:46 PM
In folder Task List processes "end task" would be excellent.
Hi Victor,

i consciously have not implemented the possibility to terminate processes, because many processes are needed absolutely by the operating system. Besides, the system can get in an undefinable state. Indeed, while quitting a process, his requested resources are released. But it cannot carry out own cleanup works or save its state.
However, quitting of main windows would be no problem. But this would require another listing of top level windows (a process can generate several main windows). Nevertheless, with a Handheld PC it is very easy to close a window with the X-button on the title bar.
In contrast to other task manager tools, which strictly lists application windows and processes separately, i wanted to show the context between processes and windows.

Info: If the library toolhelp.dll does not exist on the device, only the titles of the visible top-level windows are indicated (not all Processes and its main windows).

Rgds Wolfgang

Edited by Wolfgang 2005-03-17 1:59 PM
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.203 - Cached queries : 40 - Executed queries : 33