x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Review: Wolfgang Rolke' WR Tools ResInfo 1.33

1 2
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-03-15 3:23 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

One of the first things that most Handheld PC owners discover rather quickly, is the importance of good power and memory management when operating their Handheld computers. The second thing they discover is what a poor job the built-in software on their Handheld does in keeping them informed about power and memory management.

With WR Tools ResInfo 1.33 you can take control of your Handheld PC's resources through an easy to use set of tools designed to give you an immediate, on demand overview of your system and its performance.

John Ottini takes a look at this freeware gem for Windows CE.

Read the review and have your say here on the forums

Review: WR Tools ResInfo 1.33
 Top of the page Quote Reply
Uncle Ben Page Icon Posted 2005-03-15 3:45 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

It crashed my system when I invoked the soft-reset function, no, not quite true. It didn't crash my system but the soft-reset button stopped working after I invoked ResInfo's soft-reset function. So I had to hard-reset my NEC MobilePro 900. I had a similar issue with other apps that have similar functionality. You may want to add a caution to that effect at the end of that review.

C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-03-15 3:54 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

NEC removed the api from its OS image. Whick is what causes the failure.

The developer code work around is here:
http://www.hpcfactor.com/support/cesd/d/0003.asp
Uncle Ben Page Icon Posted 2005-03-15 7:08 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

C:Amie - 2005-03-15 3:54 PM

NEC removed the api from its OS image. Whick is what causes the failure.

The developer code work around is here:
http://www.hpcfactor.com/support/cesd/d/0003.asp

Hi there c:Amie. Thanks, but ... I'll need a little guidance here. I followed the link but it doesn't mean a darn thing to Uncle Ben. What do I do with the "code"? Am I supposed to do something with that and is that supposed to fix the problem for the MobilePro 900?

Danke!
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-03-15 7:23 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Don't worry the developer has seen it and it looking into the problem as we speak actually.

How's that for service, kudos to Wolfgang Rolke
Wolfgang Page Icon Posted 2005-03-15 7:27 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hello Uncle Ben,

i am very sorry that my tool ResInfo have caused such trouble to you.
I will remove this function or carry out a special treatment for the NEC MobilePro 900.

To identify the NEC MobilePro 900, I need the internal name of the device.
This name is indicated by ResInfo on top of the System folder. Can you tell me this character string, please?

Yours sincerely
Wolfgang Rolke
Uncle Ben Page Icon Posted 2005-03-15 10:28 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Wolfgang - 2005-03-15 7:27 PM

Hello Uncle Ben,

i am very sorry that my tool ResInfo have caused such trouble to you.
I will remove this function or carry out a special treatment for the NEC MobilePro 900.

To identify the NEC MobilePro 900, I need the internal name of the device.
This name is indicated by ResInfo on top of the System folder. Can you tell me this character string, please?

Yours sincerely
Wolfgang Rolke

HI! It wasn't any big problem really. I knew from other aplets that also have a software reset function that it meant danger; so I did a fresh backup first, and then tried it. When I click on the System tab, I don't see any character string - all I get is the ususal stuff:

NEC
Windows CE 3.00.126
62 MB RAM
XScale PXA255
640 x 240 pixels
65,536 colors

So I don't know, maybe in my old age, I can't see straight - but I've aunt Bea sitting right beside me and she ain't seeing any character string either. But then again, she's no spring chicken either, if you know what I mean! Ouuch - Bea, what did you do that for you silly goose! Sorry about that folks - no, no character string WR - where else am I supposed to look?

Hurricane John Page Icon Posted 2005-03-16 7:37 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

Uncle Ben

I've used ResInfo 1.33 on both my HP720 and MP 900 and I've not had any problem performing a soft reset on my Handhelds!

What version of WR Tools-ResInfo are you using because unless I missed something in v1.33, I didn't see a 'soft reset' button within ResInfo. The only reset button was the one used to reset the Battery Timer in the Battery folder.

John
Uncle Ben Page Icon Posted 2005-03-16 8:30 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Hurricane John - 2005-03-16 7:37 AM

Uncle Ben

I've used ResInfo 1.33 on both my HP720 and MP 900 and I've not had any problem performing a soft reset on my Handhelds!

What version of WR Tools-ResInfo are you using because unless I missed something in v1.33, I didn't see a 'soft reset' button within ResInfo. The only reset button was the one used to reset the Battery Timer in the Battery folder.

John

Wow! That's a surprise! I'm using Version 1.40.118 - do you have a 900C or 900?
Uncle Ben Page Icon Posted 2005-03-16 9:35 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Hurricane John - 2005-03-16 7:37 AM

Uncle Ben

John

Just reread your post, let me clarify. The latest version of WR Tools-ResInfo has a soft-reset button. I never had any problems either doing soft resets on my J720 and my MobilePro 900 - what I have problems with is doing a soft-reset from a software application such as WR Tools-ResInfo; and if my memory serves me well, and that's asking a lot, Henri Spagnolo had a few J720 applets of his own that contained a similar feature and they two didn't work with the MobilePro 900
(http://www.yetanotherhomepage.com/j7xx/j7xx.html). If you were able to do a soft-reset by using the soft-reset functionality of WR-Tools-ResInfo, then by all means let us know, because if that's the case it means that my problem lies elsewhere.

cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-03-16 11:06 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

i used to have resinfo but after it caused two lockups (each in some weeks), i had to give up both of the lockups required a hard reset they were always after powering up the device (or soft resetting? can't remember for sure). oh, and i have a jornada 720 and all of these happened some weeks ago
i hope 1.33 doesn't have this bug!
Hurricane John Page Icon Posted 2005-03-16 11:16 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

Uncle ben

Sorry to hear about the Reset problems with ResInfo v4, fortunately it seems like the developer is aware (and on top) of the problem.

Hopefully, the issue will be resolved soon!

John
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-03-16 11:17 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Is at version 1.40 now
Robert
Robert Page Icon Posted 2005-03-16 3:22 PM
#
How come it's German. Is there Englisg translation of wolfgang sit?
Pls. help.
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-03-16 3:44 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Er.. because Wolfgang Rolke is German perhaps...

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=de&u=http://www.wolf...
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.25 - Cached queries : 70 - Executed queries : 10