x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Community Projects Ideas? (GRID Computing, Meet's, Real-World)

C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2007-02-18 6:04 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

I'm sure that many of you were familiar with the old SETI project that we used to have running here on the site. Of course the project is still going under the guise of the BOINC GRID computing project. (http://cpt.hpcfactor.com/community/seti/)

Now that we have the new Community section, I thought it would be a nice idea if community members who were actively involved in other internet and non-internet projects - both H/PC and non-H/PC -
might think about sharing what they're up to, and may be getting some Handeld PC Teams together to do this.

Other example of what we could do (aside from GRID commuting and other science projects):

Some of you may have seen the Dallas Fort Worth Mobile Device Group posts on the home page and in the Community section. That is a rather large real-world example, but certainly if enough people were interested we could look towards setting up some other meetings.

Back in the days before we became HPC:Factor, we used to participate in "JUG" mettings - Jornada Users Group - using on-line chats over IRC and other such meetings. It's another example of what we could do on a regular/quasi-regular basis. Such meetings will certainly become easier once the mail servers have been updated.

So, anyone got any ideas for adding to the community section?
 Top of the page Quote Reply
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2007-05-20 10:14 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Bump

Someone must be up to something!

I've been setting up spam traps on our servers to try and help in the fight to reduce the universal plight SPAM. It's quite a clever little system, so we thought we would do our bit.

Note: If you find it, I really don't suggest you engage with it
 Top of the page Quote Reply
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.152 - Cached queries : 60 - Executed queries : 8