x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

The Great Crash of 2007

1 2 3 4 5 6
SueNY Page Icon Posted 2007-02-22 5:02 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Just wanted to chime in (a little late I know) and say Welcome Back HPCFactor! You were missed!
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2007-02-22 5:14 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

We don't block archive.org, if you hit us with Alexa installed it will check the cache. Archive don't spider, Alexa do.

Google cache is blocked because of the number of errors it generates and I don't want people reading out of date material.

I'll state again, we didn't lose page content, only database content. Pages and files on this site are not genreated by a database when users request them. So archive and google were of no use.
Google's RSS monitor was of no use either because it wiped everything out within only a couple of days. It is surprising how keen they are to delist you, and reluctant to index you in the first place. 9_9
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2007-02-22 5:32 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

wildbill - 2007-02-22 7:14 AM
Where is Wally Thacker anyway?-I miss him!

Looks like you missed the last sentence in one of my previous posts in this thread. He sneaked in here about 3:00am Eastern Time on 2/20/07 - bringing back a really old thread. (As C:Amie would say, "Search the forums." )

Edited by CE Geek 2007-02-22 5:34 PM
 Top of the page
gjcoram Page Icon Posted 2007-02-27 2:08 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

C:Amie - 2007-02-22 5:14 PM
I'll state again, we didn't lose page content, only database content. Pages and files on this site are not genreated by a database when users request them. So archive and google were of no use.

Hi, C:Amie -
I'm not quite sure what you mean by "of no use" -- I found some archived pages on Google (I went back to find what I had posted about nPOPuk).

For example:
a google archive

I'm guessing, though, that it would be a big nuisance to take the content of these printer-friendly pages and extract the actual posts.

I've manually re-posted some content; let me know if there's something else I should be doing ...
 Top of the page
gjcoram Page Icon Posted 2007-02-27 2:29 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

I find this message rather intriguing, found when I accessed some of the cached versions of the pages:

Error encountered in: C:\iisroot\hpcfactor.com\wwwroot\forums\templates\vs-v2-green\fragments\template-begin.aspMicrosoft VBScript runtime error - Type mismatch

Now, if only we could see all the contents of C:\iisroot\hpcfactor.com ... or get Google to mail them all to us.
 Top of the page
gjcoram Page Icon Posted 2007-02-27 2:41 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Oops, that C:\iisroot directory error message came from HPCFactor; there was an error generating the page.

So, anyway: it looks like the NOARCHIVE header for the forum pages isn't added to the printer-friendly versions ... so, Google did archive them. Got to decide whether to add NOARCHIVE going forward, or whether this is an extra backup.

It seems, though, that if someone added to a post after the crash, then Google will have archived the new page, complete with the gap from 12/24 to 2/18, and overwritten the material that was posted before the crash.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2007-02-27 2:45 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

gjcoram, keep on dreaming
There are only two people in the known universe with access to that, and I make up some 50% of them

Manually reconstructing the posts would require a quantity of time that I simply don't have. It would need to be done in the tables and need a huge amount of cross referencing. I'm afraid its not an option.

The mismatch error is know about, it's being caused by the printer friendly pages inability to access the sites Interface engine.
 Top of the page
1 2 3 4 5 6
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.203 - Cached queries : 65 - Executed queries : 8