x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

IZZI using a mouse?

1 2
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2007-02-26 2:02 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

No, he isn't yet. Anyone here gotten a USB mouse working on the IZZI Pro? Is there a driver DLL somewhere that will work? When I tried plugging in a USB mouse on my IZZI Pro, it asked for a driver name, and of course I didn't have one. Nor did I find a DLL file in \Windows with "mouse" in its name. Is it possible to use a mouse with the IZZI Pro?
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2007-02-26 3:31 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

I see in the PDA Street forums that some people have gotten a mouse working with the IZZI Pro, but that only certain brands of mice will work (eg, Microsoft, IBM). Can anyone here confirm this?
 Top of the page
ZSX Page Icon Posted 2007-02-26 5:18 AM
#
H/PC Elite

I have not tried to use a USB mouse with my Izzi, so can't help you there I'm afraid. In fact, I don't have any USB mice, so can't even test it out!
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2007-02-28 3:00 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Well, I have tested a Microsoft USB optical mouse, and the IZZI Pro still asks for a driver. Strange, since this mouse works fine in all my other USB-enabled CE devices.
 Top of the page
quiche Page Icon Posted 2007-02-28 7:49 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

Did you tell us about the IzziPro, CEGeek? Did I miss it? I'd be interested in seeing what it looks like and hearing about its features.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2007-02-28 1:54 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

I started a thread called "IZZI happy?" shortly after the first of the year - guess what happened to it.

There used to be a pic of it in ZSX' avatar. I'll start a new thread in the next day or so.

Edited by CE Geek 2007-02-28 1:57 PM
 Top of the page
ZSX Page Icon Posted 2007-03-01 12:01 PM
#
H/PC Elite

Oops! Sorry - I changed my avatar to Katamari so it would be consistent across all the fora I am on. I still love my Izzi though!

The pics are here:

Swivellng screen (my original avatar)

In laptop mode

In tablet mode

Size compared with a Sony Picturebook

Edited by ZSX 2007-03-01 12:06 PM
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2007-03-01 8:02 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Pretty cool, huh?
 Top of the page
ZSX Page Icon Posted 2007-03-02 10:32 AM
#
H/PC Elite

The IZZI is definitely one of my babies!

I was wondering though, after a bit of research on the net it looks like the verison I have is the IZZI "Pro Swivel" a.k.a the S310. There was a version released that did not have the swivelling screen, called just the IZZI Pro (S300). I believe it did not have a touch screen but had a trackpad instead. I have not seen this anywhere apart from trade show reports though - did Samsung ever release it to the public?

Edited by ZSX 2007-03-02 10:36 AM
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2007-03-02 11:54 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Yeah, I think so, under the name "eGo Note."
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2007-04-22 2:38 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

The Windows Mobile Today thread referenced above suggested that the old ball-driven mice won't work in the IZZI Pro, but that optical mice (at least by Microsoft and IBM) work. However, when I tried my Microsoft USB optical mouse, it still asked for a driver name. The WMT thread suggested that the driver name is "usbmouse," but I tried that and got an "error loading driver" message. (Silly thing to try since I never found any DLLs in \Windows with "mouse" in their names.) So I have to conclude that the mouse driver is missing from my IZZI Pro. What I'm wondering is whether "usbmouse.dll" (or whatever it's supposed to be) is a generic driver DLL for CE (or at least for H/PC Pro MIPS), and if it can possibly be extracted from the ROM of another device.
 Top of the page
Sch01ar Page Icon Posted 2007-04-22 4:00 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Hi CE Geek; I think you're on a hiding to nothing here, but when I saw the thread I reflexively tried all /my/ mice, and of course, none of them worked. Now you've given me something new to obsess about
Reading from the Manual "Connect USB devices to this port. USB input/output devices include monitors. You must enable the USB port before you can use USB devices"

On another tip, I'm trying to get my izzi pro to run pocket mindmap, an HPC 2000 application. Why? Why not! I have manged to get this running on WINCE.NET with cmonex's drivers. I notice there's been alot of HPC pro hacking recently; if anyone has any ideas they'd be welcome.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2007-04-22 4:34 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

AFAIK the USB port is enabled - USB thumb drives and the like can be read thanx to the Clik! driver.

When trying to get CE 3 apps working in H/PC Pro, always start by checking the executable with Executability Check. You can use that to change the OS, and at the same time find out what DLLs you need.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2007-04-22 4:38 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

CE Geek: as said it needs assembly knowledge, but can be done. but first the dll has to be found somewhere
 Top of the page
Sch01ar Page Icon Posted 2007-04-22 4:46 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

USB port - that's all the manual says - possibly they were expecting a future world of connectivity that never came...

Exec Check - I changed the OS to 2.11 and now the "pocket mindmap" icon shows, instead of just a generic .exe. But how can I find out what dlls it needs? I'd done trial and error for 1/2 or so, but unsurprisingly this didn't work...
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.257 - Cached queries : 70 - Executed queries : 11