x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

nPOPuk - new spin of an old favorite

1 2 3
Jake Page Icon Posted 2007-11-11 9:34 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Choking on the stench of ambition in Washington DC
>> I forget what version I added this in. nPOP has long supported the Contacts for PocketPCs (there was a converter done, I think, by Matthew Pattman, that was then built into the main code of "nPOPw". I hassled with the API for HPCs and got it to work.

Though, now I'm trying to remember if there was some extra DLL you need. Ack! <<

I do have that pimstore.dll in my npopuk directory--no joy accessing my contacts database, nor when I drop the dll into \windows.

Do I need to run Matthew Pattman's converter first? Or does the pimstore.dll let me into Contacts in a way that I haven't yet figured?

Jake
 Top of the page Quote Reply
gjcoram Page Icon Posted 2007-11-12 7:10 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

I'm pretty sure it needs to go in \windows, and then you need to pull down File>Global Options, click the "Other" (misc?) tab, and check the "Use PocketContacts" box. Note that this will obliterate your existing nPOPuk address book.
Jake Page Icon Posted 2007-11-12 7:23 AM
#
H/PC Vanguard

VERY cool--I hadn't known of the capability. For the record--and even more good news--users simply need to place the pimstore.dll in the npopuk directory (on a storage card, for example), and the app will gather email addresses from your Contact database: no need to place the dll in \windows.

Well done and many thanks for these continued additions!

Jake
Jake Page Icon Posted 2007-11-12 8:01 AM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Addendum: is there a pimstore.dll for MIPS CE 2.0? It's not there in the standard download.

Jake
gjcoram Page Icon Posted 2007-11-12 11:27 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

mscdex - 2007-11-11 9:25 PM

I think there are generally more mips r4xxx devices for ce211 and hpc2k than mips r3xxx.

I put the r4xxx dll in the hpc2k/wce3 bundle, and the r3xxx dll in the hpcpro/wce211 bundle. From what you just wrote, it sounds like I should have put the r4xxx dll in both -- and perhaps the r3xxx dll is the one that Jake needs for his wce20 mips machine?

Just to be clear, the dll's in question are all from the poom_sdk.zip download off HPC:Factor; I did not compile them myself (nor do I have source code for them).

Edited by gjcoram 2007-11-12 11:29 AM
mscdex Page Icon Posted 2007-11-12 12:26 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

Jake - 2007-11-12 8:01 AM

Addendum: is there a pimstore.dll for MIPS CE 2.0? It's not there in the standard download.

Jake

What CE 2.0 device are you using?
Sch01ar Page Icon Posted 2007-11-12 3:42 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

gjcoram - 2007-11-11 3:47 PM
(Not that anyone has reported using Contacts on HPC and how glad they are that I enabled them ...)

Geoffrey; let me say that I am very glad you have done it; I've now gone back to using the PIM databases on the HPC for the first time in years, just to use this feature. It wouldn't be too much to say that it has given a new lease of life to my HPC.

I still use NPOP on the PC as well, wherever I happen to be, via a usb key. Obviously this relies on the standalone contacts file. Most of the contacts seem to carry across, some are missing. I have no idea what the relationship is between the address file and the contacts database, but it seems to work ok.

Congratulations on your superb ongoing work.
Jake Page Icon Posted 2007-11-12 3:52 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

>> What CE 2.0 device are you using? <<

Sharp Mobilon 4100.

Jake
mscdex Page Icon Posted 2007-11-12 5:46 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

Jake - 2007-11-12 3:52 PM

>> What CE 2.0 device are you using? <<

Sharp Mobilon 4100.

Jake

You will need the R3100 version of pimstore.dll then.
1 2 3
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.281 - Cached queries : 47 - Executed queries : 28