x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

now it's all about hacking ppc apps to hpcs - maybe a summary?

1 2 3
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-04-05 2:17 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

"place them in a Systempath or \Windows"

err.. for example, destinator needs another version of aygshell than other programs
 Top of the page
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2005-04-19 1:18 PM
#
H/PC Elder

Might as well reply here and kill a few birds with one stone.

I won't debate the ethics of modding files to work on other platforms but I'll throw this out. Having bought programs specifically marked for "98/2k/Xp" and modding/running them on 95 is the same thing IMO. I won't get support but then again I'm not expecting any.

NF3. runs fine from CF provided you first install it to ram then launch it once so it can create keys and whatnot. Then move the exe to a CF dir and continue running it from there. Some (about 100k) in files need to reside in RAM but the bulk can live on a CF. I forget what files must remain in RAM, sorry.

HCL List.
I bailed from this site for a long time as the submissions I made to the hcl never got posted. I see now there was a technical error and not arrogance. Let's leave it at that.

I've pretty well ended my hpc career. My days of endless fiddling and tweaking to make things work are past. I can't find the right hpc for my needs. My 6651 will be going on the market soon. It sits on a shelf and collects dust. My PPC/Libretto combo does all my hpc can do with less fuss and more compatibility.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-04-19 3:10 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

wallythacker,
No one has ever called us arrogant before
Our ethos is that if people feel there is a problem with the way things are done, we have always wanted to hear about it. I'm sorry you didn't feel you could yell at one of the staff for ignoring your submissions - which of course as it turned out we weren't through a silly mail system fault.

Likewise I am sorry to hear that you will be leaving us and that things haven't worked out for you in the form of devices.
Have you looked at the MDA IV, which will appear in the next few months?
 Top of the page
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2005-04-19 5:54 PM
#
H/PC Elder

Like most things in life it was a simple communication problem.
I'm likely to drop by from time to time to see what I'm missing and perhaps offer up some advice if everyone is stuck on something and I have some light to shed
 Top of the page
matrixcore Page Icon Posted 2005-04-24 7:35 PM
#
H/PC Elite

I hope you do not lose contact with the community, and also hope that you will someday get back to the H/PC side of the force
 Top of the page
vjurkas Page Icon Posted 2005-04-29 1:16 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Is there a simple way (e.g. a signature) to find out what CE version is the CAB file written for? I spent already some time hacking the WM2003 version believing it was a PPC2002...
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-04-29 7:38 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

I think that the 9th byte is the platform flag with the 10th being the cpu flag.
As to the specific signature, you would need to compare a few cabs.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-04-29 9:40 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

which application are you trying to hack?

btw, i couldn't manage to hack pocketwinc free version. only the shareware 2.0 works...
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-04-29 9:51 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

tried looking at these bytes but i can't find any pattern. maybe i misunderstood what to look for...
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-04-29 10:20 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

CE Cabs are compiled on the basis of a two layer filter, the first a negative filter of unsupported platfors (CE2, HPC3+, PSPC1, PSPC2 and PPC. Note that there is no differentiation between HPC Pro and HPC2000, PPC2000 or PPC2002.

Secondly a Min and max core version, usually represented by, for example. VersionMin = 2.11
VersionMax = 99.0
for "Min requirement CE 2.11 and Max CE 99.0"

So there are two things you need to ensure aren't there in order to get past the lock. Ordinarily though most cabs will install if you force them to.

If you have a troublesom one, send it along to me and I'll see what the problem is.
 Top of the page
vjurkas Page Icon Posted 2005-04-29 1:50 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

cmonex - 2005-04-29 3:40 PM

btw, i couldn't manage to hack pocketwinc free version. only the shareware 2.0 works...

Last one I was surely making a mistake was pocketwinc 2.0. After you posted it, I've found out that mine was probably the WM2003 version - completely different although same size
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-04-29 7:55 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

oh, ok. and could you hack the free version?
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-04-29 7:58 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

yeah, jeode was quite difficult because of that for example it wouldn't install.. then i found some program called wince cab manager (from MS i think), and fixed it with that but it turned out that it wasn't even needed
 Top of the page
vjurkas Page Icon Posted 2005-04-30 12:46 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

cmonex - 2005-04-30 1:55 AM

oh, ok. and could you hack the free version?

I have done it right now (you have challenged me!). mfcce300 to mfcce301 twice, directly the CAB file. It works. Help/About says it is a special PocketPC Mag version 1.3, build 952. The link I posted in the other thread is correct. Just read carefully what is writen on that page. There is a sub-link to a PPC2002 version. Before that, I made the same (stupid) mistake, trying to use the WM2003 version....
 Top of the page
vjurkas Page Icon Posted 2005-04-30 12:50 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

cmonex - 2005-04-29 3:40 PM

Can you tell me where you found the 2.0 version. I was only able to download the WM2003 (now I know that...) version. When I tried to do another download I did not find any active link to do so at www.cirond.com.
 Top of the page
1 2 3
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.235 - Cached queries : 71 - Executed queries : 10