x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

jpg or pdf viewer

emsguy55
emsguy55 Page Icon Posted 2007-03-01 10:04 AM
#
I am looking for a jpg or pdf viewer for windows ce 2.0. I have a HP 620lx and have some jpg maps that I would like to view on my 620lx. I loaded a sample map but it is so small on the 620lx that is unusable. Something with a zoom feature would be nice. PDF may be an option.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2007-03-01 8:00 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Primer 2.3 is a PDF viewer that's compatible with CE 2.0, but it isn't freeware, and it's kinda hard to find the company that holds the rights to it.
 Top of the page
Richard Plume Page Icon Posted 2007-03-01 10:12 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

There are a couple of image viewers that are compatable with CE 2.0:

1 - Image Expert CE. Commercial, nearly impossible to find these days.

2 - TGV (Tascal Graphics Viewer). Shareware, but it has been discontinued so you might try to contact the developer to see if he will sell it to you. The last mail address I have for him is: tascal@msb.biglobe.ne.jp The web site is http://www2r.biglobe.ne.jp/~tascal/

3 - SeePic. Freeware (still under development?) beta (but it works). Web site is http://www.geocities.com/dennykf/ Check under development projects.

4 - Pocket Internet Explorer. Built in to your H/PC. You can open jpgs with it.

5 - Check Handheld Attitude (under software). You should find more image viewers (sorry, but I don't remember which ones, if any, are compatable with CE 2.0.

Hope this helps...
Rick
 Top of the page
emsguy55
emsguy55 Page Icon Posted 2007-03-10 12:53 PM
#
Thanks for the replies, but I couldn't find anything usable in those files that worked on windows ce 2.0. I did figure out that if I cut and paste my jpg files in to MS word and then transfer them to the 620lx it did work good enough to use. My next problem is that I have almost 100 pages to convert and copy. If I use a compact flash writer to transfer the files from my desktop, will they convert to pocket word when I use them or is there some way of converting the all of the files on the desktop PC before I transfer them via the card writer. I transfered 1 file and it took almost 1 minute with the data cable and my cable is not the greatest as I have to hold it in a certain position in order to connect.
 Top of the page
lil Page Icon Posted 2007-03-12 3:27 AM
#
Factorite (Senior)

I'll have to try this on my Velo 1, but this works on my z50:

I have my Word document which has a lot of embedded (inserted) images, mostly of JPEG origin. I export the file from Word using the RTF format (Word 97/2003, 6.0/95, or whichever it is) option and then I can copy it using Windows Explorer or save it directly to compact flash/microdrive.

When I load it into Pocket Word on my z50, most if not all of the formatting is there, and all the images are there too. I doubt however if your images have text wrapping used that this would be copied over though, for that you would need TextMaker.

I find the RTF option the most compatible. If you copy your Word files to CF, they won't convert to Pocket Word format but in Word itself if you do a Save As (pre-2007) or Other Formats (2007), scroll down the file formats and Pocket Word should be an option.

I prefer to stick to RTF as I loose no formatting and Pocket Word is pretty much RTF with a different header so I don't loose anything, and--it's compatible with Word 2003/2007 which can sometimes stall syncronisation when converting Word files to Pocket Word.

This is what I found best for keeping a CE 2.0 (Velo 1) device and a H/PC Pro 2.11 (z50) happy. (And hopefully soon a Velo 500 and LG Phenom too... *grin*)

Vicky
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2007-03-12 5:41 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Hmmm, did I send this already? Try this one emsguy: http://masataka.sakura.ne.jp/ug/jp/

Rich
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2007-03-12 6:57 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

You can also use the file converter to run conversaions without a H/PC present:
http://www.hpcfactor.com/downloads/details.asp?r=65E07BB7-7EA7-4E10-8865-1CC6084771BC

If you embed into pocket word, they get bmp'd, which could give you some file-size and rendering problems.
 Top of the page
emsguy55
emsguy55 Page Icon Posted 2007-03-12 4:28 PM
#
Thank you so much, I've got it figured out now. Life is much better now!
 Top of the page
lil Page Icon Posted 2007-03-13 3:28 AM
#
Factorite (Senior)

Oooh thanks for that external converter, looks very useful

Vicky
 Top of the page
SirThoreth Page Icon Posted 2007-07-24 9:40 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Richard Plume - 2007-03-01 7:12 PM

3 - SeePic. Freeware (still under development?) beta (but it works). Web site is http://www.geocities.com/dennykf/ Check under development projects.

Has anyone else gotten this one to work on CE 2.0? When I try running it, I get "Can't find 'seepic_demo' (or one of its components). Make sure the path and filename are correct and that all the required libraries are available.

4 - Pocket Internet Explorer. Built in to your H/PC. You can open jpgs with it.

Well, except for the whole issue with it resizing some of the issues down to thumbnails.
 Top of the page
liligis Page Icon Posted 2007-11-05 10:38 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

SirThoreth - 2007-07-24 9:40 PM

Has anyone else gotten this one to work on CE 2.0? When I try running it, I get "Can't find 'seepic_demo' (or one of its components). Make sure the path and filename are correct and that all the required libraries are available.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Hi, well, you wrote this in July and I'm writing this in November, so perhaps you solved it already. But just as a comment, I actually have SeePic (v. 1.0 beta) running fine in my Jornada 680, it is quite good. You can change display size, filing options, image list type and size of thumbnails, and manage files and there is a command for send images through IR.

Perhaps you did a wrong installation, you only have to copy the seepic_demo.exe file in the device, preferably in the memory card. functions.

I also use Image Viewer. It comes in Plus! Package which can be downloaded here in HPC_Factor. It allows you to change % of display, rotate and flip images and copy to another application. Plus must be installed through Active Sync or CAB files.

Regards

Liligis

Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2007-11-06 12:41 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

seepic is compiled for ce 2.11
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.203 - Cached queries : 64 - Executed queries : 11