x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

custom roms for 900c!

« Prev ... 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 ... Next »
sztajmes Page Icon Posted 2008-01-05 1:47 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

More info about my WaveLan card
1.WaveLan turbo 11 Mb Silver IEEE 802.11 compliant
2.Lucent Technologies PC24E-H-FC
3.Encryption: WEP

This card was not working with security protocols activated before I install V2 , so this is not the problem with
your AMAZING V2 Just asking for help )

regards
sztajmes
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2008-01-05 11:09 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

ah, i don't need the pnpid then, if it is recognized out of the box without having to type the driver name in - or did you need to specify it?

as for orinoco and WPA on ce.net, they never played nice together..
 Top of the page
sztajmes Page Icon Posted 2008-01-06 11:22 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

It was recognized out of the box.
If they always have problem I have to buy new card.
Any suggestions ?

sztajmes
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2008-01-06 11:36 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

buy a standard prism based card if you need WPA.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2008-01-06 7:24 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

Rich Hawley - 2008-01-06 5:43 PM

Nevermind...back to the kitchen

i got your files... looks very promising... i'll try them and also i'll soon check the image that you sent me
 Top of the page
cocios
cocios Page Icon Posted 2008-01-07 12:45 AM
#
cmonex - 2008-01-02 12:59 AM
hey, glad you like the new rom. i remember you, you were the one who sent me that firmware dump of your device, thanks for it again
).

Wow, what a great memory you have =)!!

as for the hardware accessories: sierra 750 and socket BT just need the cenet drivers installed instead of hpc2000 drivers. get them from sierra's site and the HCL on hpcfactor... i'm not sure the HCL has the latest socket cenet BT driver though, i'll post a link to that if you can't find it (already posted it once on the forum).

Following you advice, I´ve searched for help at Sierra and Socket. I did find the correct sierra dirver but sadly though I got my bluetooth adapter recognize and working with a new driver, the drivers I was advised to use, aren´t for hpc but for ppc, so all the windows don´t fit quite well and some buttons dont appear. Could you please post the link again?

no idea about the margi card, can you check the manufacturer's site? though of course you can get an inexpensive vga cable to use the 900c's built in vga port but i guess you need the higher resolution.

Yeah, buying the vga compatible cable with solve the need for a vga adapter, but since I already have this other adapter I would like to make it work, it cost me a fortune years back, and surely it would be great to be able to use the remote control to operate my hpc!! Wouldn´t some dll solve the issue? The software does install and even run, it just doesn´t recognize the card, no matter how much times I eject and introduce it..

as for software, check artskey developer's site, i know they also make artssave, which definitely has a cenet version so maybe artskey does too. exactly what happens with doom and warfare when you try to run them? i'm sure you just need the right gapi settings for them. also please describe what happens with pocketslides, it should work out of the box. (same for resco utilities)

Regarding Artskey, I´ve already asked for help but I haven´t received an answer yet, the software does install and even run, but doesn´t work (its supposed to change the keyboard from English to Spanish). With doom and warfare, both install with no problem but crash when I try to run them. With Pocketslides It installs and runs but I simply can´t use the program, the menu doesnt open correctly and I cant selected any option. Resco utilities installs but if I dare run any of its components, it crashes all my system, making a hard rest my only solution..

activesync, any will work...

Great! Ill try 4.5

i do not understand your comment on free memory, unless you mean it occupies 10MB on boot, that cannot be helped, ce.net works like that on the 900c, stock ce.net rom does that too.

Yes, I noticed it uses more ram than HPC 2000, but wasnt sure if that was normal for Wince Net or not. =)

thanks for your suggestions... irda is included already (irda for phone connection on COM6, and obext support in totalcommander). bluetooth, well that's planned.. as is the improved msn (just takes too much time to patch its gui without source code). flash player is already included (flash v7). skype is too big, will not fit and no point anyway, same for ages of empires. you can download the pocket office for cenet package that i made,that has powerpoint (though do not install the rest of the files, they are in the rom v2.0 already), but i decided against including it in rom as it has a few quirks. cf webcam, not many people use that, so would take away space from other apps that everyone uses.

Yes, bluetooth will surely make you next custom rom the best! Regarding Skpe, aom, cf webcam, you are again right, they are too heavy and not everyone uses it so no sense in including it in your rom.

and yes, i hate that bootscreen image too, are you willing to reflash your bootloader to change it though?
because it is part of the bootloader image.. if you are willing let me know.
though, if you have a ne2000 ethernet card and some software installed on your PC, you can mostly (not 100% sure right now) flash that part of the bootloader independently of the bootloader code (neat).

Yeah, it doesnt compare in any way to the great display your custom rom 2 has: the desktop, icons and colors shown!! A bootscreen with similar graphics to win xp or vista would be incredible!! (Dont think I´m not happy and pleased with you hard work building your latest v.2 custom rom, it really rocks, my device simply isnt the same it used to be when it had hpc 2000 installed!! But as any human being, always want more.. haha)

Again thanks for your friendly help and for sparing some of you valuable time in helping the hpc community!

Edited by cocios 2008-01-07 12:58 AM
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2008-01-07 4:53 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

hey.

for socket BT the hpc driver is in the HCL on this site, but that is originally for SDIO bt and so it has a bug, you have to remove the cf bt card if you want to reboot. otherwise driver will not see it (unless you reboot again, with no bt inserted).
the latest driver is bug free but yeah the windows don't all fit. can you upload the version you got? i'm curious if it is the same.

the vga cable would be inexpensive really.. no, adding a dll will not solve such a driver level issue. :/

as for artskey, what about trying paragon language extender (for hpc pro/ce 2.11) if it has the language you need (can't remember if it does). or okey? that's free too.

you could make a package of the non working apps (CABs), i'm interested to see this.

as for bootscreen, ok, we can get in touch in email and i'll send you a bootloader. just send me an image you want as bootscreen. (BMP please)

glad you like the stuff

p.s.: for pocketslides, doesn't winwatch help?

Edited by cmonex 2008-01-07 4:54 PM
 Top of the page
ExPsionMan Page Icon Posted 2008-01-11 3:08 PM
#
Factorite (Senior)

Hi cmonex - Just a note to say thanks for your excellent ROM Version 2. I have now been using it for a few weeks and I am unable to fault it. It has made my MobilePro 900c run faster and seems to accept most software I install on it now HPC2000 and Pocket PC and some Windows Mobile 5.

I have also noticed that whereas Microsoft Virtual Earth for Windows Mobile 5 was previously a bit tempermental, it now runs perfectly on the MobPro and with the wide screen of the MobPro is so much more useable than when I ran it on a keyboardless Pocket PC (Dell Axim).

I particularly like the selection of software you installed in the ROM, a very useful choice, some of which I was not aware of. I note there is now the option to overclock the processor - do you have any experience of this? / how much can one overclock without running the risk of cooking the processor and other components?

Incidentally, I have sent you a Donation via Paypal from, your WEB site.

Also, many thanks to those who operate this excellent WEB site - HPC Factor - if it were to closed down (as mentioned in the forum) it would be a great loss to the HPC community.

Kind regards
ExPsionMan

Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2008-01-12 1:12 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

glad you like the rom, and that it's been useful to you, thanks for the donation

about the overclocker, some 900c's are fine with 530mhz or above, some will only go to 472 mhz. backup before experimenting

p.s.: who mentioned closing hpcfactor?
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2008-01-12 7:52 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

no, no worries, hpcfactor isn't planning to shut down afaik
 Top of the page
tonymac32 Page Icon Posted 2008-01-16 10:24 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Insatlled, testing.... Love it! My working mouse is sometimes called a pc card for some reason, and sometimes under strange circumstances it doesn't recognize any card until a soft reset occurs. (I never tried to run both at the same time before this, so no idea if it's related) Otherwise, perfect!
 Top of the page
cocios
cocios Page Icon Posted 2008-01-17 1:22 AM
#
cmonex - 2008-01-07 4:53 PM
the latest driver is bug free but yeah the windows don't all fit. can you upload the version you got? i'm curious if it is the same.

I got socketcom support tem to help me and finally got my cf bluetooth adapter working, though the driver seems to be made for ppc cause the windows don´t fet so well, so I´m still waiting for a final answer from socketcom about specific win ce net drivers.. Neverless, I´m sending you the hpc2000 drivers (don´t work on Wince net) and the Wincenet drivers (that work but have the screen issue)

the vga cable would be inexpensive really.. no, adding a dll will not solve such a driver level issue. :/

Playing a bit with it I got the pccard partially working, though the remote control dll still causes a "ilegal action" windows to appear.

as for artskey, what about trying paragon language extender (for hpc pro/ce 2.11) if it has the language you need (can't remember if it does). or okey? that's free too.

I´ll give it a try. Artskey support team doesn´t seem to care, I´ve emailed them twice and not a single answer, not even cause I´m a licensed user an am willing to pay an aditional fee or license if they help me... I would have liked to make artskey work cause it emulates exactly the same tool all pcs have to change language at the start bar

you could make a package of the non working apps (CABs), i'm interested to see this.

Done!

as for bootscreen, ok, we can get in touch in email and i'll send you a bootloader. just send me an image you want as bootscreen. (BMP please)

Great, I´ll send it right away!!

glad you like the stuff

You are welcome, as soon as I get paid I´ll donate to help maintain your website and your excelent work

p.s.: for pocketslides, doesn't winwatch help?

Nop, mabye I´ve installed the wrong version??

Edited by cocios 2008-01-17 1:50 AM
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2008-01-29 7:14 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

hey cocios: i don't remember getting an email from you.

anyway, people, i'd still like prism pnpid's. i mean if you have a prism based wlan card, and it asked for a driver name (prismnds.dll) on first insertion with the custom rom v2.0, please post what it entered into the registry under HKLM/drivers/pcmcia

and also, i'm planning to release something like v2.5 with some fixes and similar, nothing big probably, unless you have suggestions - so feel free to add your ideas. and of course anything else you think could be changed in v2.0.
 Top of the page
BobBaleia
BobBaleia Page Icon Posted 2008-02-02 12:27 AM
#
Hi Cmonex, I couldn't print in my BJC50 from Pocket Word in your ROM. PW doesn't even show printing dialog. The problem persisted even after BJC50 printer Drives installation (to use a different print path than with JetCet). Is there a way to fix it?
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2008-02-02 1:40 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

oh interesting.. i just tried it on my 900c, the printer dialog indeed does not show, just some error instead.
thanks for the bug report, will try to fix it. (i never use a printer with this, so didn't test - please people feel free to report every bug that's found.)

does anyone know if stock cenet rom with installed pocketword from CAB (and your printer drivers optionally), does it show the printer dialog then?
if no one knows i'll find the time to reflash and test that.
 Top of the page
« Prev ... 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 ... Next »
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.234 - Cached queries : 67 - Executed queries : 11