x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

custom roms for 900c!

« Prev ... 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 ... Next »
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2008-02-02 1:43 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

Rich: your post is cool

now, as for rom editing... i have some questions for everyone.

1) did anyone try romkitchen? Rich's app should make it easier
2) if i want to add many new things to the next rom, i will have to remove something, maybe EVB. or what else? do you use EVB? or what else could i remove instead? hopefully i won't have to do this but if so, what's lowest priority for most users?
 Top of the page
theoak Page Icon Posted 2008-02-04 9:38 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

I haven't tried romkitchen yet. I've thought about it, but your rom is so near perfect, I seriously doubt that I could couldn't improve on it. (Given my skill compared with yours.) I would probably try it if the ROM on Sig3 was flashable. But as you know, it is not.

One thing that I can think of, that I would like to see in the next ROM would be some way to emulate the owner information for PocketPC programs (Astraware games such as Cubis) that won't let me register because they say "You cannot register this game if your Pocket PC has no Owner Name. Please go to Settings -> Owner Information and set it." The Owner information is already set for H/PC. I guess PPC programs look for it in a different place. Maybe in registry?

If you want me to be really nit-picking, how about a default icon for zipped files? (This can be set in SmallTweak, but I couldn't find the icon for the 'file in a vise'.)

Any new dll's to add that have been discovered after your ROM release? ceshel2.dll, and asfor2.dll mentioned elsewhere?

I had not noticed the printer dialog not working since I only print to Sipix A6 (and that very seldom) using Field Software's PocketClipPrint, which involves copying to the clipboard and using their driver to print (not the Print dialog). But one day, I would probably need to print to a real printer.

Top of the page
BobBaleia
BobBaleia Page Icon Posted 2008-02-04 10:29 AM
#
Cmonex,
I downloaded .net wordpad and it seems to be very similar to PocketWord. I works with printer dialogs and I could print with BJC50. Original dlls from HPC2000 renamed to ceshel2.dll and asfor2.dll provided high compatibility with Handy Zip and Resco apps. EVB is a very large package but some medical apps doesn't work without it. To save ROM space, put eVB files in app folder does the job well. I think that, like you said, it's really a good choice for an app to be removed from a future ROM.
Thanks again for all you have done,
Bob
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2008-02-05 7:08 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

theoak - 2008-02-04 3:38 PM

I haven't tried romkitchen yet. I've thought about it, but your rom is so near perfect, I seriously doubt that I could couldn't improve on it. (Given my skill compared with yours.) I would probably try it if the ROM on Sig3 was flashable. But as you know, it is not.

One thing that I can think of, that I would like to see in the next ROM would be some way to emulate the owner information for PocketPC programs (Astraware games such as Cubis) that won't let me register because they say "You cannot register this game if your Pocket PC has no Owner Name. Please go to Settings -> Owner Information and set it." The Owner information is already set for H/PC. I guess PPC programs look for it in a different place. Maybe in registry?

If you want me to be really nit-picking, how about a default icon for zipped files? (This can be set in SmallTweak, but I couldn't find the icon for the 'file in a vise'.)

Any new dll's to add that have been discovered after your ROM release? ceshel2.dll, and asfor2.dll mentioned elsewhere?

I had not noticed the printer dialog not working since I only print to Sipix A6 (and that very seldom) using Field Software's PocketClipPrint, which involves copying to the clipboard and using their driver to print (not the Print dialog). But one day, I would probably need to print to a real printer.

thanks for your suggestions

romkitchen is mainly for people who want to put different apps in the rom for themselves. though, i'm told most of the apps are very well selected already.

about owner information, interesting.. would you be able to send me the CAB installer for cubis?

default icon, if you have a suggestion of what icon it should be, feel free to link to it, otherwise i'll ask Geared, he has a good taste with these things

there are many dlls that could be added - i got all wm2003 (pocketpc) system dlls, cemapi.dll and its dependencies might be added, i'll see about the rest, maybe someone has suggestions

ceshell2 and asfor2 are not new.. i got them from hpc2000 (recreated relocations) just didn't think of trying them for apps. and i uploaded them to my site only recently, my bad :/
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2008-02-05 7:11 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

BobBaleia - 2008-02-04 4:29 PM

Cmonex,
I downloaded .net wordpad and it seems to be very similar to PocketWord. I works with printer dialogs and I could print with BJC50. Original dlls from HPC2000 renamed to ceshel2.dll and asfor2.dll provided high compatibility with Handy Zip and Resco apps. EVB is a very large package but some medical apps doesn't work without it. To save ROM space, put eVB files in app folder does the job well. I think that, like you said, it's really a good choice for an app to be removed from a future ROM.
Thanks again for all you have done,
Bob

heh the .net wordpad was the original wordpad app in rom (it just doesn't have some extra stuff that hpc2000 pocketword has). that means the issue is within pocketword. maybe the APIs for printing changed a bit in cenet? though that would be strange. anyway thanks for letting me know, this'll help me find the cause of the issue

what do you mean by app folder?

anyway what i wonder about is how many people are using EVB - if not many, then it's ok to leave it out of the rom i guess.
 Top of the page
BobBaleia
BobBaleia Page Icon Posted 2008-02-09 12:34 AM
#
what do you mean by app folder?

When I want to save RAM I install some apps in a CF card and in the same folder where is located the executable I copy the necessary dlls. Works like if they were in windows folder. I can use old dlls like ceshell.dll without exedit the executable to use ceshel2.dll. Sorry if it makes me seems lazy.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2008-02-09 7:32 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

well no it won't work for ceshell.dll etc if some other thing already loaded ceshell.dll etc in RAM.
better patch it otherwise you'll experience problems.
 Top of the page
seebeexee Page Icon Posted 2008-02-15 5:53 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

First of all, thank you cmonex for the custom ROM for the 900C. I've been using it for a few weeks now and it is great. So far, everything works better than I could have imagined. One thing I have noticed, however, is that I cannot connect to my computer when I have a password assigned to the MobilePro. I'm trying to connect via USB on a Windows XP MCE SP2 computer using ActiveSync v4.5. When I connect the cable, my PC prompts me to enter the password to unlock the MobilePro. When I type in the password, I get an error saying the password is wrong. After 3 tries, it tells me to disconnect and try again. If I disable the password on the MobilePro, everything syncs fine. I never tried using a password with the original ROM, so I don't know if this is an error with the new ROM, the version of ActiveSync, or what. Has anyone else had this problem or know of a solution? Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2008-02-15 7:53 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

i think that's an activesync bug, reported on several devices. does your password contain any special characters?
 Top of the page
seebeexee Page Icon Posted 2008-02-15 10:43 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Yeah, it seems like an activesync problem. My password is all letters. I even tested it with a simple 4-number PIN as a password and it still wouldn't unlock it. I would just use ActiveSync v3.8, but I've got a WM6 PDA (that requires activesync 4.5) and Outlook 2007 installed. Oh well.
 Top of the page
ExPsionMan Page Icon Posted 2008-02-16 2:21 AM
#
Factorite (Senior)

Hi - The same also applies to the Jornada 720 / 728 - I not been able to resolve this. I thought perhaps there is a default password that need to perhaps be added to the one used on the Jornada to unlock ActiveSync, but I have spent hours over the months Googling with no success to find a fix.

I now just remove the password on the Jornada before Syncing and then reinstate it afterwards.

Regards
ExPsionMan
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2008-02-16 8:00 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

all lowercase letters?
 Top of the page
seebeexee Page Icon Posted 2008-02-16 5:36 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Yes, all lowercase letters. I do the same as ExPsionMan: disable the password before syncing and then reinstating it after...
 Top of the page
seebeexee Page Icon Posted 2008-02-16 7:57 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

I have another question... As mentioned, I am using cmonex v2 ROM update. I'm wondering if it would be possible to use that custom ROM but with the original GUI appearance (icons, window decorations, buttons, etc.). Which .dlls or other files would need to be replaced with the original ones. Also, would it be possible to use the PIM applications found in the HPC2000 OS rather than the "b"-brand ones found in CE.NET? I would really appreciate any info on this. Thanks in advance.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2008-02-17 10:52 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

seebeexee - 2008-02-17 1:57 AM

I have another question... As mentioned, I am using cmonex v2 ROM update. I'm wondering if it would be possible to use that custom ROM but with the original GUI appearance (icons, window decorations, buttons, etc.). Which .dlls or other files would need to be replaced with the original ones. Also, would it be possible to use the PIM applications found in the HPC2000 OS rather than the "b"-brand ones found in CE.NET? I would really appreciate any info on this. Thanks in advance.

possible, you need the original gwes.exe and some of the original bmp's, the rest can be done away by disabling MUI in registry (HKLM/MUI, Enable = 0)

but what's your problem with the skin

anyway, try the registry edit first, if the result doesn't satisfy you let me know and i'll upload the original files for you.

as for PIM: planned.

Edited by cmonex 2008-02-17 10:52 PM
 Top of the page
« Prev ... 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 ... Next »
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.226 - Cached queries : 70 - Executed queries : 9