x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

custom roms for 900c!

« Prev ... 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 ... Next »
CAuser Page Icon Posted 2008-03-18 8:12 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

cmonex - 2008-03-16 11:02 AM
do you have any wishlist? i can make 2.5 quite quickly with all the fixes mentioned so far but it would give me more incentive if there was some bigger change / some good idea other than just fixing and updating stuff

Please read my latest post under 'Is there a way to reduce/cut the power to a PCMCIA WiFi card?' within CE .NET. Thanks.

Edited by CAuser 2008-03-18 8:13 AM
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2008-03-19 1:58 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

CAuser - 2008-03-18 2:12 PM

cmonex - 2008-03-16 11:02 AM
do you have any wishlist? i can make 2.5 quite quickly with all the fixes mentioned so far but it would give me more incentive if there was some bigger change / some good idea other than just fixing and updating stuff

Please read my latest post under 'Is there a way to reduce/cut the power to a PCMCIA WiFi card?' within CE .NET. Thanks.

sadly i don't know why it would still drain power after disabling the card - it really shouldn't. so no idea.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2008-03-19 1:59 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

CE Geek - 2008-03-18 2:04 AM

Think that's already on the list, folks.

well yeah but forgot so thanks for the reminders that gives me motivation
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2008-03-19 2:00 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2008-03-22 7:58 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

question to all of you about a feature idea
read this thread, and especially the last post by me (Posted 2008-03-23 1:57 AM) http://www.hpcfactor.com/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=11949&po...
 Top of the page
Mobi Page Icon Posted 2008-03-22 11:57 PM
#
Subscribers
Factorite (Elite)

Another satisfied cmonex v.2 user! The custom rom is sweet!

As far as the pcmcia de-powering feature, I just pull my wireless card out and push it in when needed. It seems to disconnect and connect without any problems....

Thanks again!
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2008-03-23 12:38 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

Mobi - 2008-03-23 5:57 AM

Another satisfied cmonex v.2 user! The custom rom is sweet!

As far as the pcmcia de-powering feature, I just pull my wireless card out and push it in when needed. It seems to disconnect and connect without any problems....

Thanks again!

glad you like the stuff

and yeah, that works with the pcmcia, but some users don't want to do that too many times to the pcmcia slot.
 Top of the page
narcyzik Page Icon Posted 2008-03-23 11:14 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

i've installed Your custom rom v.2 on my mp 900, but now when i tap enter or -> screen is black for half a second than is normal but touchscreen doesn't work...
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2008-03-23 2:37 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

narcyzik - 2008-03-23 5:14 PM

i've installed Your custom rom v.2 on my mp 900, but now when i tap enter or -> screen is black for half a second than is normal but touchscreen doesn't work...

what was the original rom version on your device?
 Top of the page
narcyzik Page Icon Posted 2008-03-23 4:42 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

original was windows ce 3.0 -> win 4.2 +BL 4.10 than your custom rom. I don't get it, one it works perfecty others it won't work good,
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2008-03-23 9:12 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

narcyzik - 2008-03-23 10:42 PM

original was windows ce 3.0 -> win 4.2 +BL 4.10 than your custom rom. I don't get it, one it works perfecty others it won't work good,

but exactly which firmware version did you have when it was CE3?

and did the stock 4.2 image work fine?
 Top of the page
narcyzik Page Icon Posted 2008-03-24 5:22 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

i don't remember but on 4.2 was working perfectly.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2008-03-24 1:02 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

hardware issue then
 Top of the page
seebeexee Page Icon Posted 2008-03-31 8:01 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Wow, what an ignorant, foul-mouthed jerk jonnk is. Anyway, that aside, how about some legitimate answers to his questions?

jonnk - 2008-04-01 3:51 PM
I think that cmonex's v2 rom upgrade is some, straight up, horse s***!!!!

Well, if you don't like it, you don't have to use it.

How the f*** do you nerdy a** motha f****'s expect somebody to honestly understand this s***???

We expect you to do like everyone else: read the MANY instructions and if you still don't understand (which you apparently don't), then politely ask some questions to the appropriate people. I know they will get back to you because they all have with me.

What happens when you try to download this s*** on a 900c with a computer that has Windows Vista?

Nothing different happens on Vista versus XP, 2000, or even Linux or MacOS. Just download to a CF card and FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS PROVIDED!

How the f*** are you supposed to do that crazy hyperterminal sh**? Why didn't yawl mutha fu****s see dat sh** coming?

Hyperterminal? You don't need hyperterminal. Apparently someone DID see that coming...

I'm a f****** student on the edge of dropping out because of all of that unneccessary f****** reading on this chick's website because I don't know how the hell I'm going to get Microsoft Office on this s***.

Well, if you can't understand the instructions provided, then you probably SHOULD drop out of school, because it is likely a great waste of time and money for you. You should probably get rid of all computer devices too as they're probably WAY too advanced for you to be using.

Yawl mutha f*****s act like people understand all of dis s***. Everybody in the motha f****** world aint no motha f****** geeky a** nerdy a** smart a** motha f*****s like yawl. Yawl need to break some of this s*** down. What the f*** do yawl feel yawl need to prove?

Not true: we do NOT think that everyone understands this stuff. That is why this forum exists: to help explain and talk people through the whole process. That's why it IS broken down and very-well documented here, and many other places as well. The only thing we're trying to prove is that there are many options and interesting things that can be done with these devices.

This s*** is to help some f****** body, who the f*** yawl really think yawl helpin? It d*** show ain't my white a**! Break some of this s*** down, if you will?

You're right, this forum and information is meant to help people out, and it's doing a very good job at doing so. All the information here has been broken down and explained in very simple steps. Also, there are more technical sections that are for the more advanced people.

Cmonex's site should be strictly for f****** nerdy a** motha f*****s who understand all this Microsoft terminology.

Well, if you think her site should be for more technologically advanced people, and you don't understand it, then why are you even visiting it or reading it? I know her intentions were not to irritate people or to shun them away from learning and experimenting.

Anwyay, let's get this thread back on track. And a note to the moderator, would you please consider banning jonnk? Nobody needs to put up with that kind of crap any more. Thanks.
 Top of the page
Fallingwater Page Icon Posted 2008-04-02 4:43 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

I've had a look at cmonex's site, but I'm finding it hard to understand just what I have to do to flash my 900c.
I have the bugged 4.5.1-6 bootloader, which, if I understand correctly, means flashing straight from the CF card is out in any circumstance, right?

Does this mean I must have the serial cable? Because it didn't come in the package and I can't find it on sale anywhere...

Also from here:

this is an advanced way of loading an image onto the 900c!
without a serial cable, it works only with bootloader versions higher than 4.5.1. this means version 4.5.1-6 and 4.10.
with a serial cable, you can use it with older cenet or any hpc2000 bootloader too.
version 4.5.1-6 cannot use this method due to CF reading bug.

Isn't this a bit contradicting? Does it work or not?

Thanks.

Edited by Fallingwater 2008-04-02 4:45 AM
 Top of the page
« Prev ... 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 ... Next »
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.312 - Cached queries : 69 - Executed queries : 12