x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

custom roms for 900c!

« Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... Next »
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2007-03-22 1:27 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

cmonex - 2007-03-18 11:49 AM

one question ... there is two versions of mfcce300.dll (and olece300), a hpc and a ppc version. which would be more useful?

How about both, with the Pocket PC versions hexedited to mfcce301.dll and olece301.dll?

Oh, and a screen capture app included in the ROM would probably be a good idea. (Don't recall seeing that mentioned before.)
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2007-03-22 5:54 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

CE Geek - 2007-03-22 7:27 PM

cmonex - 2007-03-18 11:49 AM

one question ... there is two versions of mfcce300.dll (and olece300), a hpc and a ppc version. which would be more useful?

How about both, with the Pocket PC versions hexedited to mfcce301.dll and olece301.dll?

Oh, and a screen capture app included in the ROM would probably be a good idea. (Don't recall seeing that mentioned before.)

yep i'll probably include the ppc ones hexed to 301. it just wont be as nice as it could be with 300..

screen capt: i was thinking of that but it helps if people confirm they find it actually useful

-=Quake Raven=- - 2007-03-22 12:45 PM

Cmonex can you add an hack for autoalimentation the cf and pcmcia, when mobilepro are used without power supply?

yes that is already planned (if you mean disabling the card battery warning - did you mean something else?)

TBomb - 2007-03-22 4:36 PM

So where can we get this ROM? Love to test it out. I have an iMate Jasjar that I flash about every 3 days with test ROMS as well. I just hate leaving this poor 900c out of all the fun.

you can try it soon i've just started working on actually putting all this together. the hard thing is the xdadev romkitchens and tools aren't for this 900c so i'm making my own set of tools and methods. couple of days, stay tuned
(i do have the htc universal too!)

Edited by cmonex 2007-03-22 5:54 PM
 Top of the page
-=Quake Raven=-
-=Quake Raven=- Page Icon Posted 2007-03-22 7:01 PM
#
Yes Cmonex i hate the battery warning
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2007-03-23 2:28 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

-=Quake Raven=-: me too!

anyway, status update: i tried building a rom with my method (sadly it is manual editing, as there is no sane tool out there for preWM5 roms that are not for those xda devices). it boots fine and reads my added file - so this means i can add any file anywhere in the rom, even in place of deleted modules, anywhere!

with the available tools only adding to the end of the rom is possible.

...this means i can now add lots more files and stuff to the image, making it lots more useful

also i edited the registry and made a bootable image with it, a couple of days ago,

for this custom rom this should be enough. later i will want to work out how to add new modules (not files). not that it would have so much use. but, after that, maybe once i'll try to recreate relocs for module dll's (but that's an entirely different topic. anyone wants pocket office for cenet? ;p )

Edited by cmonex 2007-03-23 2:35 AM
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2007-03-24 1:30 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

progress! i stopped working on the rom for 1 day but only to return with more powerful methods! if you see my new thread, learning about the relocs and pe structure helped a lot, so now i think i can improve the rom further. details to come soon! i need a break now and have a rest....
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2007-03-24 1:50 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

...ok just to pique your interest my plans are a better aygshell and coredll ;p
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2007-03-24 1:51 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Just what I always wanted.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2007-03-24 2:09 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

mmm i dont know much about the skeyepad but if you want to hack it .. well.. i won't resist!
 Top of the page
stasheck Page Icon Posted 2007-03-24 7:19 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

vxutils would be great
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2007-03-24 10:31 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

stasheck: thanks for the idea btw do you want this for cenet or hpc2000?
 Top of the page
CAuser Page Icon Posted 2007-03-25 1:14 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

Hm, MP900C with the custom ROM will be really powerful. I'm excited to see the progress. If we can do the same thing with Skeye.pad, then we have another powerful machine.
 Top of the page
CAuser Page Icon Posted 2007-03-25 1:18 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

Hm, MP900C with the custom ROM will be really powerful. I'm excited to see the progress. If we can do the same thing with Skeye.pad, then we have another powerful machine. The manufacturer does provide ROM upgrade that requires a license. I don't know how we can bypass the requirement. The interesting thing is that Skeye.pad has 10MB in ROM for users to use for saving important files (and installing programs?).
BTW, when I set the keyboard of Skeye.pad to full size, it became something comparable with Jornada 72X's keyboard. Since I have small fingers, I can type on the "full-size" keyboard in the way that is surely faster than thumb typing or stylus touching.

Edited by CAuser 2007-03-25 1:24 AM
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2007-03-25 5:27 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

yeah i'm aiming for a really cool and useful rom

plans on that: i think i will first release a rom that has just the normal cool stuff (useful apps, registry tweaks, useful runtimes whatnot). then if i manage to improve coredll, aygshell etc. i will include that later. i hope i can achieve the first part (normal rom) within 2 days.

about the skeyepad: how is the protection implemented? if you try to flash it are you able to flash it and it just will not boot to the OS properly or does the updater (or bootloader) refuse to start the flashing?
hacking the protection to flash roms depends on this info (among many other things).

one more thing.. how much ram does the skeyepad have? (maybe we should create a new thread on this)
 Top of the page
CAuser Page Icon Posted 2007-03-26 1:02 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

It seems that Isotherm already explored the possibility of ROM upgrade. He warned us not to flash the ROM. Skeye.pad SL has 32MB ROM and 64MB RAM. Isotherm should be able to answer your questions.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2007-03-26 9:01 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

well yes i can imagine he warned you ..i read his post telling that the rom requires some id, i.e. it has protection, and if you don't have a backup rom dump and you flash it you're stuck. so that's why i would try to make a valid rom dump first. even though i'm not too worried about the protection. either it can be hacked or you can use the rom to make another without the protection. but this is really for a new thread.

Edited by cmonex 2007-03-26 9:03 AM
 Top of the page
« Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... Next »
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.25 - Cached queries : 71 - Executed queries : 9