x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

custom roms for 900c!

« Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... Next »
oldkr Page Icon Posted 2007-04-09 10:09 AM
#
Factor Fanatic

What is a "custom rom"? will it rock my world when my 900c arrives in 2-3 days?? please help I want to be part of the excitement!

-k
 Top of the page
NelsonTheUnholy Page Icon Posted 2007-04-09 10:40 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

release release now now now muahahahahahaha
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2007-04-09 11:26 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

macmee: latest version of minimo might fit but i havent been able to get it working on cenet 4.2 yet (it no longer supports wm2003 either). true i didnt try too hard so far. flash is already in there. opera isn't free.

oldkr: it just means you can put your stuff, settings, registry tweaks, programs, etc in the rom so they all stay when doing a hardreset and if the ppc dummy dlls are included as well then more stuff is working out of the box, i.e. less headache for beginners. btw, some programs are happy enough if you just put them in the internal disk but others need settings (registry) so they benefit more from this. also some are very useful to the majority of people so they deserve to be put into the rom image.

NelsonTheUnholy: ok, i'll try to do it as soon as i can
 Top of the page
Bensawsome Page Icon Posted 2007-04-09 12:47 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

cmonex - 2007-04-09 12:26 PM

macmee: latest version of minimo might fit but i havent been able to get it working on cenet 4.2 yet (it no longer supports wm2003 either). true i didnt try too hard so far. flash is already in there. opera isn't free.

oldkr: it just means you can put your stuff, settings, registry tweaks, programs, etc in the rom so they all stay when doing a hardreset and if the ppc dummy dlls are included as well then more stuff is working out of the box, i.e. less headache for beginners. btw, some programs are happy enough if you just put them in the internal disk but others need settings (registry) so they benefit more from this. also some are very useful to the majority of people so they deserve to be put into the rom image.

NelsonTheUnholy: ok, i'll try to do it as soon as i can

I will see if I can try and get it working.
 Top of the page
oldkr Page Icon Posted 2007-04-09 5:20 PM
#
Factor Fanatic

cmonex you are a star, thanks to all involved! it sounds like it will indeed rock my world! am too excited for my 900c to arrive!

-k
 Top of the page
macmee Page Icon Posted 2007-04-09 6:29 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

oldkr - 2007-04-09 6:20 PM

cmonex you are a star, thanks to all involved! it sounds like it will indeed rock my world! am too excited for my 900c to arrive!

-k

Me too, mine is due to arrive on thursday

I hope this is out by then!
 Top of the page
NelsonTheUnholy Page Icon Posted 2007-04-09 9:20 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

rock on. Cmonex if your were in arms reach I would hug you.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2007-04-09 11:16 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

heh
i hope you're going to find it useful. i got tied up trying out the new tool for the relocations so that i can make the custom rom even better later. but i've started integrating the registry entries now. so the end of waiting is near .. sorry to have kept you all waiting for so long.

but i think what will be really useful is when i write the tutorial (and maybe get some extra tools done) so that everyone can make them for themselves right?
 Top of the page
NelsonTheUnholy Page Icon Posted 2007-04-09 11:39 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

if you need a beta test monkey I am your man
 Top of the page
macmee Page Icon Posted 2007-04-10 6:19 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

cmonex - 2007-04-10 12:16 AM

heh
i hope you're going to find it useful. i got tied up trying out the new tool for the relocations so that i can make the custom rom even better later. but i've started integrating the registry entries now. so the end of waiting is near .. sorry to have kept you all waiting for so long.

but i think what will be really useful is when i write the tutorial (and maybe get some extra tools done) so that everyone can make them for themselves right?

If you make a tut so we could do this, that would be really nice!!!!!!

Just imagine, People making them for others who have the same WIFI card, so its all set up, roms for gamers, roms for internet tools, roms with multimedia, that would be awesome!
 Top of the page
NelsonTheUnholy Page Icon Posted 2007-04-10 8:26 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

roms for teh hackery muahahahahaha. Anyone know if you can use the serial port on the 900c will work through telnet and ssh. also is there a tftp client available that anyone knows about. I need info on the serial port like voltage and such. I am thinking it works on 12v like the pc. in that case I will have to build a max 232 converter of sorts and wire it directly to a 900c serial cable. I have one of those free la fonera wifi access points and I am gonna hack it to bits with new firmware. Once I am done doing that I am gonna use 900s serial to talk to it on the go. I am also working of porting a driver for one of those cheap usb headsets from radio shack to the nec so I can use it as a voip headset.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2007-04-10 9:37 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

hacker roms? what would they be like?

cool plans about the headsets etc about the serial port, it has a custom connector, just look at your 900c and the cable is rare.. do you have one already? i guess a nullmodem or whatever would work. do you want to install the tftp client on the 900c? i've seen an app that seemed to do that, i can look it up.

(btw this would belong to another thread)
 Top of the page
NelsonTheUnholy Page Icon Posted 2007-04-10 6:42 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

well i believe the max232 acts as a null modem. If I can find the pinout then I can just build one/
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2007-04-10 7:35 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

you mean you can build the custom connector too?
 Top of the page
NelsonTheUnholy Page Icon Posted 2007-04-10 7:43 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

If I can get a pinout I could probably whip something up. I dont have the stuff to make one right now but in a month or so once I get some hobby money I will try something out.
 Top of the page
« Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... Next »
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.25 - Cached queries : 69 - Executed queries : 12