x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

NEC Mobilepro 780s for $129 & free S\H

1 2 3
bruisedquasar Page Icon Posted 2005-04-08 10:51 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Rohan - 2005-04-08 6:35 AM

With the SL-C1000/3000 you can easily attach a USB external keyboard for those times when you need to quickly enter a lot of text, a limitation that bothered me with my SL-C860 (until it was stolen).

Thank you for the Zaurus buying info. My understanding is that one can adopt a typing method, as I found you can do with the J680 (I have large hands), that lets you input data fairly quickly with the 860 keyboard. You did not find this to be the case?

--Bruised
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-04-09 11:53 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

Bruised, i think, it's not that simple. i already tried thumbboards like this, and i must say even a soft keyboard on a PPC is better.
 Top of the page
bruisedquasar Page Icon Posted 2005-04-09 3:26 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

CMONEX,

The clam shell Zaurus models are thumb keyboards? I realize the posts I read were written by Japanese, who on average have much smaller fingers than we do. My information is that Japanese can input at a good clip, so I figured the keys were like those on my J 680. I cannot touch type with them but I can enter type into it faster than I can hand write legibly, which is good enough for me.

I know some Zaurus devices have a slide out thumb board but I have seen clam shell models. They are tiny?

--Bruised
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-04-09 6:00 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

yes i think they have thumbboards only. AFAIK, they're much smaller than the 680.
 Top of the page
Snappy! Page Icon Posted 2005-04-09 7:23 PM
#
H/PC Elder

cmonex - 2005-04-09 4:00 PM

yes i think they have thumbboards only. AFAIK, they're much smaller than the 680.

I think you are referring to the non "C" series of the Sharp Zaurus, eg SL5000/5500/6000 ... what Bruised and I are talking about are the Sharp Zaurus SL-C700/750/760/860/1000/3000 ... though given its size, it may be like a thumb-keyboard to some ..

oh ya, the clamshells are more like the Sony Clie UX-50s, except for the OS and specs.

PS: On retrospects, I think are *REALLY* off-topic by now ... ... Please have mercy on us, C:Amie!
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-04-09 10:01 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

hmm i don't know all zauruses but... they're sure really small so i just call them a thumbboard. i don't think i was misleading anyone it's just a name, usability the same or not?
i already tried the UX-50 and it's horrible, simple thumbboard also i like the design though. clamshell hahh. but screen is only 3.2 inch. not much!!
 Top of the page
1 2 3
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.187 - Cached queries : 64 - Executed queries : 8