x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

ce upgrade to 2.0

sandro
sandro Page Icon Posted 2007-03-09 4:10 PM
#
HI I have 2 cassiopias both A11's with 4 MB internal memory and runing SH3. One has ce 1.0 the other ce 2.0 SO far I gather that you can upgrade from ce 1.0 to 2.0. is the old Ce 1.o deleted and replaced with ce 2.0 or does ce 1.o remain but ce 2.o dominates. Why I ask is that ce 2.o is ! mb in size Ionly have 4 mb to use. it seems a waste to have both using that much room.

Note: I can use through my pcmia slot a CF memory card of 1 GB. so data storage can be there but programs should be on internal memory.

Therefore should i upgrade to ce 2.0?

Thanks for you help

Sandro

please e-mail any suggestions to sandrodiclemente@aol.com
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2007-03-09 4:14 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

The OS upgrade requires replacing the ROM module with one loaded with CE 2.0. Nearly every program (other than device drivers) that works in CE 2 can be run from the CF card, so it shouldn't be a problem unless the program requires a ton of program memory to run.
 Top of the page
sandro
sandro Page Icon Posted 2007-03-09 4:53 PM
#
Thanks,

where can I get a rom module with the ce 2.0 or greater?

i hope to have both A 11s equal.

also how about the ram? it says it has 4Mb on the outside, next to the screen, but someone said you can get 6 mb. I am not sure if that is a toal of 6 mb as in 4existing + 2 additionl or 4existing + 6 additional =10

any ideas? and where to get it? also how to put it in I have added a memory card to a lap top but there was a cover to remove. I am not sure about the A11?

thanks for your help.

Sandro

i jsut got both of these A11's so I am a nubie I know not much about them "HPC" any help I greatly appreciate.

Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2007-03-09 8:09 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

I don't have any place to suggest other than eBay - but you may be looking for a long time before one turns up. It'd probably be easier (and cost no more) to shop for one with 2.0 in it already.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.125 - Cached queries : 60 - Executed queries : 8