x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

EXCLUSIVE: PocketDVD.ca' PocketDVD 1.1

1 2 3 4
matrixcore Page Icon Posted 2005-07-09 8:07 PM
#
H/PC Elite

You should install QT7 and maybe that'll solve the encoding problem
 Top of the page Quote Reply
Snappy! Page Icon Posted 2005-07-09 10:30 PM
#
H/PC Elder

matrixcore - 2005-07-09 6:07 PM

You should install QT7 and maybe that'll solve the encoding problem

ic. So in that way I can encode .mov files for HPC playback?

The other thingie I was thinking of was playing a mov file directly on the HPC. (I got a tip to try that out nonetheless)
matrixcore Page Icon Posted 2005-07-09 10:35 PM
#
H/PC Elite

There's a thread regarding a quicktime player for HPC's, you should search for it
PocketDVD Page Icon Posted 2005-07-10 12:33 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Snappy! - 2005-07-09 4:55 PM

Thanks for your reply Republic Commando !!

Actually it's SEV, I believe. havent played it for a while, but I think I picked SEV as my avatar.

Anyway, playback of .mov files directly on your HPC will cause issues.
Most .mov files have too high a bitrate to be playable by the lower processor speed of HPC's. ALso, the framerate of these files (PocketDVD's Screenrating handles this part) is too high to be viewed properly on the DSTN screens that most HPC's have.

With the instructions I send to you by pm, you should be able to make PocketVideo work with the .mov files including audio, but I think the codec pack only has quicktime6 codecs for the conversion. On the mplayer website (www.mplayerhq.hu) you can find the original files for the codecs, and if you put those in the codecs folder, it might be able to handle qt7 files as well.

I havent done .mov files for a couple of weeks now, and have been so wrapped up in pd20 development, I forgot.

I did had a converted trailer of the new harry potter on the pocketdvd.ca website, as well as did a fantastic4 one and one from Lego Star Wars, all 3 were quicktime7 files. and I did use PocketVideo for those.

However, today I updated the site a bit, and since the trailer section was not really viewed much, I replaced it for a different section (reviews)

Due to your request, I am thinking about implementing the instructions I send you, but still dubbing if it would not increase the filesize of the download too much.
I'll look into it though, but no promises.

Sincerly,

Sev.

Snappy! Page Icon Posted 2005-07-10 8:25 AM
#
H/PC Elder

What is SEV?

Thanks PocketDVD! ... hopefully it does not bloat it up too much! <-- Does look like bloated smiley eh?
PocketDVD Page Icon Posted 2005-07-10 11:59 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Snappy! - 2005-07-10 7:25 AM

What is SEV?

SEV is one of the 4 soldiers that star in Republic Commando. You had it mostly right the first time. (I thought I had SEV as the character, but actually its 'BOSS', aka Delta 38) SEV is my fav character though.)

(http://www.lucasarts.com/games/swrepubliccommando/) Flash required
Snappy! Page Icon Posted 2005-07-10 12:45 PM
#
H/PC Elder

PocketDVD - 2005-07-10 9:59 AM

Snappy! - 2005-07-10 7:25 AM

What is SEV?

SEV is one of the 4 soldiers that star in Republic Commando. You had it mostly right the first time. (I thought I had SEV as the character, but actually its 'BOSS', aka Delta 38) SEV is my fav character though.)

(http://www.lucasarts.com/games/swrepubliccommando/) Flash required

ah I see ... I've not been playing games for years!
PocketDVD Page Icon Posted 2005-07-10 1:08 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Snappy! - 2005-07-10 11:45 AM

ah I see ... I've not been playing games for years!

Lets continue this on a new thread.
I guess were getting a little offtopic here my friend.
PocketDVD Page Icon Posted 2005-07-16 3:54 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

I just put up a new, small little utility on the pocketdvd.ca website for merging multiple divx avi files created with pocketdvd/video into single movie files. It's free, but does not work with avi files not created by pocketdvd/video (yet).

http://www.pocketdvd.ca/merger.htm
Macros746 Page Icon Posted 2005-08-14 3:06 AM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Hey PocketDVD,
I keep on getting an 'mencoder error' when I try to do 2 pass encoding on my computer. My laptop is runnning Windows XP Pro. I bought your product just the other day and love it ( except for the errors). I am getting very acceptable video (particularly cartoons) for my Jornada 680. Just wondering if anyone has come up with some magic numbers for framerates etc. to have the best quality with largest possible screen size for the 680.

Macros
zyth Page Icon Posted 2005-08-15 3:20 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

I downloaded the trial version, and despite what the review claims, it doesn't work on Windows 2003. When it accesses the DVD, it locks up quite nicely
PocketDVD Page Icon Posted 2005-08-15 3:56 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Macros746 - 2005-08-14 2:06 AM

Hey PocketDVD,
I keep on getting an 'mencoder error' when I try to do 2 pass encoding on my computer. My laptop is runnning Windows XP Pro. I bought your product just the other day and love it ( except for the errors). I am getting very acceptable video (particularly cartoons) for my Jornada 680. Just wondering if anyone has come up with some magic numbers for framerates etc. to have the best quality with largest possible screen size for the 680.

Macros

Are you using the 2.0 version (released 2 days ago), and ifso, what output format/settings are you suinbg so I can try and replicate the problem.

Please post issues in the forum on www.pocketdvd.ca makes it a lot easier for me to deal with.

Thx
PocketDVD Page Icon Posted 2005-08-15 3:57 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Macros746 - 2005-08-14 2:06 AM

Hey PocketDVD,

Macros

Are you using the 2.0 version (released 2 days ago), and ifso, what output format/settings are you using so I can try and replicate the problem.

Please post issues in the forum on www.pocketdvd.ca makes it a lot easier for me to deal with.

Thx
PocketDVD Page Icon Posted 2005-08-15 4:02 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

zyth - 2005-08-15 2:20 PM

I downloaded the trial version, and despite what the review claims, it doesn't work on Windows 2003. When it accesses the DVD, it locks up quite nicely

The current version is 2.0, I assume you have the trial version of that version instead of 1.1 (the version that has been reviewed)

Microsoft Anti Syware sometimes blocks the scripts being executed by PocketDVD.
Please let me know what Windows version/pocketdvd version you are using.
Please post issues with PocketDVD in the PocketDVD support forum for faster handling.

chazco
chazco Page Icon Posted 2005-10-15 2:38 PM
#
Sorry to revive an old thread:

I'm quite new to using video on computers, so please be patient.

I have a Jornada 680e. I want to watch video on long jorneys. I dont have a clue how to start (the screenratings page has gone also). Could anyone tell me what settings i should use to get watchable video?
1 2 3 4
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.25 - Cached queries : 50 - Executed queries : 30