x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

active sync 3.8

1 2
sandro
sandro Page Icon Posted 2007-03-14 10:31 PM
#
Hi again. I as not sure about adding to my older thread. I have a cassiopeia A 11 runing CE 2.0 and 4 mb.

I trie to download activesync 3.8 from HPCfactor and run it on my computer runnign windows XP. C:amie asked if I was the administrator under users and I am.

Here are the erros I am getting verbatim after set up

Banner "microsoft activesync_ins5576.MP entry point not found"

body text "the procedure entry ppoint CE svcopenw could not be located in the dynamic link library.ceutil.dll"

I press ok then above pops up again i press ok

then i get

Banner "Registry setting failed"

BODY text " set up failed to create one or more system registry settings microsoft activesync may not function properly until these settings are created. you may need to run set-up again for activesync to fucntion. set up will now continue"

then first error message appears then I am at my desk top

If I start try to start active sysnce the first error appears the i click ok it goes away and nothing happens.

Any ideas?

All Iwant to do is sync so I can trasfer files btwn HPC and desk top computer and not have to use my CF card all the time in an external reader. what a drag.

Thank you for your help.

Sandro
 Top of the page
gjcoram Page Icon Posted 2007-03-15 1:47 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

I installed AS3.8 from HPC on my XP (sp2) machine just a couple weeks ago and had no problem.

Are you up-to-date on your XP updates? Do you have any virus scanners running, or something else that might prevent the registry from being modified? Do you have disk space issues such that the exe didn't fully self-extract?

An obvious alternative is to try the download from Microsoft (assuming the link still works).
 Top of the page
sandro
sandro Page Icon Posted 2007-03-15 2:49 PM
#
thanks for your comments.

I am running anti virus softwre so maybe I should disable it while I DOWNLOAD and install. also I am running microsoft office 2000.
I will check to see if I have the SP2 .

thanks for your help.

I will remove check software and try again.

Sandro
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2007-03-15 3:21 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

In the future please continue to use the existing thread, it keeps topics grouped nicely and provides a resource complete with resolution.

See our patching guides here: http://www.hpcfactor.com/support/patching/
Office 2000 is up to SP3.

Killing the AV is a good idea.

If it cannot write to the registry then I imagine that there is either something blocking writes to the registry or there is a problem in the registry. Create a new administrator level account on the PC and log into that, then try and install AS. If it does it, then you need to create yourself a new user account as the current one has HKCU or app data corruption. If not the problem is likely in HKLM or a SAM error.
 Top of the page
sandro
sandro Page Icon Posted 2007-03-16 12:31 PM
#
C:amie

Thanks I will try your suggestions and let you know how it went. So as your idea to complete the thread.

Sandro
 Top of the page
Jared
Jared Page Icon Posted 2007-03-16 1:20 PM
#
Need help!!! I have a mobile pro900c, and I am having trouble trying to connect it to my PC and transfer some word documents. I have the right cable, and when I run activesync, it says it was unable to find a device.

Any suggestions, please email me at JaredDornheggen@aol.com
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2007-03-16 2:11 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

1) Please don't thread hijack. There will be no discussion of MobilePro 900C's in this thread.

2) "Any suggestions, please email me at..." - in your dreams. If you can't be bothered to check back here, it somewhat undermines the point of this website and I may as well start a mailing list instead.
Oh and every spam-bot on the internet will have your email address within the next 8 hours.

sandro, the floor is yours.
 Top of the page
sandro
sandro Page Icon Posted 2007-03-16 10:00 PM
#
C: amie, thanks

We I turned off my anti virus and I found out I had a registry program that was on monitoring my regustry so I turned that off also. I downloaded AS 3.8 after down loading I ran it. some files were copied then nothing happend I was in my desk top. I tried to look for the program in my programs and it was not listed. I tried to do it again.

same result. ON the bright side no errors having to do with entry point or registry though.

I am confused.

thanks

Sandro
 Top of the page
sandro
sandro Page Icon Posted 2007-03-16 11:24 PM
#
HI,
honestly before I down loaded 3.8 I tried to down load AS 4.5 from the microsoft web site I had a device icon the whole thing. when I clicked active syn on my desk top the the program statred but I received the message my device (Cassiopeia running CE 2.0) was not compatable with the active sysn 4.5 so I removed the program. but as in my above message after I saved the active sync3.8 from HPC factor and ran it files were copied but there was no program made. The file MSASYns.exe is in my program folder of my desk top computer in program files. If I click on it it extracs files then copies them where I do not know. then nothing happens. I expect a program to install and apprear on start> all programs. but nothing happens. I posted becasue I played with it for an hour and can still not figure it out. there is no program on my desk top computer (XP) called active sync 3.8

Please help. My com 1 port is set.

On my HPC after I chose programs> communication I try to click on ACTIVE sync. it says "you must establish a parnership with a desk top computer prior to running activesync"

I am more confused.
buy the way is there anyway that active sync 4.5 could work with my HPC running CE 2.0? on my desk top computer with windows XP? It was so easy to install and run, except my HPC was not campatable.

Thank you for your help I am going to bed.

cheers all

Sandro
 Top of the page
sandro
sandro Page Icon Posted 2007-03-16 11:48 PM
#
Well I tried to restart my computer and then AS 3.8 started and installed helaluya

except I have those same two erors about entry point and system registry.

I will try C:amie patch
thaks for reading all my excessive wordy previos posts.

I goes to show if someting is not working restart your computer.

but ia am back to where i started. i guess I am asking is AS 4.5 will work with CE 2.o adn the settings if it will work.

Sandro
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2007-03-17 5:38 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

ActiveSync 4.x will not work with CE2.00. You may also need to go to the support section and follow the ActiveSYnc downgrade instructuions as ActiveSync 4.x is known to leave files behind which cause AS 3.x to break.
 Top of the page
lil Page Icon Posted 2007-03-17 6:09 AM
#
Factorite (Senior)

Wouldn't you need ActiveSync 3.5 or earlier to syncronise with Windows CE 2.0? I use it on here so that I can synchronise all of my H/PCs (2.0 and 2.11, but H/PC 2000 is supported too).

http://www.oldversion.com/ has it and older versions.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2007-03-17 6:24 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Aye oldversion nabbed them off of us http://www.hpcfactor.com/support/syncsoft/

3.8 will work with 2.00 and higher

HPC:Factor - more than just a forum
 Top of the page
lil Page Icon Posted 2007-03-17 7:03 AM
#
Factorite (Senior)

Ahhh *red faced* they are on here *faces wall*

I never realised 3.8 would work on 2.0. Guess I have been taking MS' doctrine in their ReadMe's a little too literally!

I might look into upgrading my ActiveSync then, but I'm of the opinion, if it ain't broke....

Vicky
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2007-03-17 9:01 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

The original version (there were two) of 3.5 isn't Windows XP "compatible". The higher versions have better USB driver support, ActiveSync has Office 2003 support, updated icons and a couple of other things. While most of the changes are not really relevant to H/PC Users, I feel that it has been prudent to recommend that everyone spend the time getting 3.8 to work - it's useful as a technical support benchmark that we have everyone on the same version. So 3.8 is the 'site recommendation' if you will.

3.8 will run from Windows 95 upwards, though you need to follow the ActiveSync on 95 CESD (written for 3.7.1) to do it.

The moral of the story: Microsoft don't know their own software, they certainly can't write about it.
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.205 - Cached queries : 64 - Executed queries : 10