x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Could not install SeePic on Jornada 680

liligis Page Icon Posted 2007-03-14 11:11 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Hi, I'm around again. I got from one of these HPC factor fora Denny's site address. He developed a image viewer program named SeePic. So last week I went to that website and downloaded the SH3/Win 2.xx program version to my PC. Once I unzipped downloaded RAR folder in a PC's subfolder named SeePic, I saw that it has three files: SeePic_demo, ijglib.dll and mycrtl.dll.

I connected my Jornada 680 to my PC via Serial cable and AS3.8, I double clicked on the "SeePic_demo" file to begin installation and got the following message in my Jornada (I shortened and translated it to you from Spanish to English):

"SeePic_demo.exe is not a valid Win32 application"

What I did wrong (if I'm doing wrong...) ? Please Help me ç

I didn´t know whether in this case I must simply copy the 3 files into a folder in my Jornada... and click the exe once is there. But I'd rather do nothing till I get advice

I saw Denny's screens and SePic looks very nice. I wrote an email to him but a week has passed and I got no answer.

BTW I should say I have succesifully installed several programs in my J680.
Greetings,
Thanks
 Top of the page
mscdex Page Icon Posted 2007-03-15 12:47 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

liligis - 2007-03-14 11:11 PM

Hi, I'm around again. I got from one of these HPC factor fora Denny's site address. He developed a image viewer program named SeePic. So last week I went to that website and downloaded the SH3/Win 2.xx program version to my PC. Once I unzipped downloaded RAR folder in a PC's subfolder named SeePic, I saw that it has three files: SeePic_demo, ijglib.dll and mycrtl.dll.

I connected my Jornada 680 to my PC via Serial cable and AS3.8, I double clicked on the "SeePic_demo" file to begin installation and got the following message in my Jornada (I shortened and translated it to you from Spanish to English):

I didn´t know whether in this case I must simply copy the 3 files into a folder in my Jornada... and click the exe once is there. But I'd rather do nothing till I get advice

I saw Denny's screens and SePic looks very nice. I wrote an email to him but a week has passed and I got no answer.

Greetings,
Thanks

So you ran the installer on your PC and it installed fine and then you got that error you mentioned on your Jornada after the installer finished?
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2007-03-15 1:38 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

liligis - 2007-03-14 8:11 PM

From your description, it sounds like that's exactly what you should do. It won't harm the 680 if you try it; the worst that will happen is that it won't open and you'll get a similar error message.
 Top of the page
liligis Page Icon Posted 2007-03-16 10:38 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Hi, I did what I thought I should with SeePic and I succeeded installing it, anyway I wanted to answer to:

Mscdex: what you say is exactly what happened
and
CE Geek: Yes, I copied the file to the Jornada and that was all, IT WORKS!!

Anyway it's a shareware and I understand I must pay something to get all the functions working, but I did`t see where to pay to get a license or registration for the full program. Where in Deny's page is that?

I`m excited with my my new toy (J680) and I've been playing around several nicghts with my new toy installing and testing many nice programs I downloaded from HPC Factor and HPCNEC, almost all of them work fine!!
Now I cannot wait to have the Wifi card (comes next week) to test HS-Messenger and nPOP!!

Two months ago I knew nothing at all about Jornadas and HPC´s
I´ve learned a lot reading your fora and CESD pages (Yes, Amie, did save a lot --just in case of...)

I 'll keep in contact asking some stupid things and other not so stupid. When I get my problem with laptop's IR port solved I'll tell you (Ir port in my Jornada seems to be OK, I can see the beam working...)

Tsschüss!!!

Thanks!

Top of the page
patrick295767 Page Icon Posted 2009-03-17 5:44 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

liligis - 2007-03-14 11:11 PM

Greetings,
Thanks

From the denny's website, seepic is unfortunately not available anymore.
Please could you eventually post the program miror or a rapidshare?

thank you!!!!!!!!!!
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.140 - Cached queries : 61 - Executed queries : 10