x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Prebuilt Jornada 7xx linux image

[Frozen]
« Prev ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 Next »
Frozen
RTFM Page Icon Posted 2008-05-16 8:56 PM
#
H/PC Elite

Ok, here's the deal. First off my website is currently down due to the sysadmin removing all access to my files. Seems the last few weeks my site has been getting slammed by chinese and perusian based bots which was basically DoSing the server. Until things simmer down i have no control when they will make my files accessible again.

The good news... Many people had problems with gcc not working from familiars feed, so after many hours i managed to get openzaurus's gcc/g++/g77/cpp to work. Also included almost every -dev package i could find. This means, while slow, one could compile most any app thats not located in a package feed. I built 3 apps perfectly, a console ( ncurses app ), an sdl game, and a gtk2 based chat program. Also included prboom and freedoom.wad ( doom clone ). I'm thinking about removing matchbox-wm to free up some space as gcc and all the dev headers and libs took up alot of space. It should be ready in a day or 2, and qkall said he'd be more than willing to host the download.

So, since my freeshells account is down, im going to revamp 720.b0x.com and all my jornada linux stuff will be linked off of there. Look for changes in the next few days. Will post back when everything is a ready to rock n roll.

Cheers.
 Top of the page
Qkall Page Icon Posted 2008-05-16 9:31 PM
#
Factorite (Senior)

again if you need room or w/e i have tons of webspace... im me aim- uleftwithsilence or msn- hard23_6@yahoo.com (i get a ton of penis emails...)
 Top of the page
Timmaeh
Timmaeh Page Icon Posted 2008-05-17 1:59 PM
#
How can i blacklist some drivers eg orinoco_cs or hostap_cs?
Is the hostap-driver patched for injection with aireplay-ng?

thx for your comments
 Top of the page
ArchiMark Page Icon Posted 2008-05-17 5:06 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Sensei

RTFM - 2008-05-16 5:56 PM

Ok, here's the deal. First off my website is currently down due to the sysadmin removing all access to my files. Seems the last few weeks my site has been getting slammed by chinese and perusian based bots which was basically DoSing the server. Until things simmer down i have no control when they will make my files accessible again.

The good news... Many people had problems with gcc not working from familiars feed, so after many hours i managed to get openzaurus's gcc/g++/g77/cpp to work. Also included almost every -dev package i could find. This means, while slow, one could compile most any app thats not located in a package feed. I built 3 apps perfectly, a console ( ncurses app ), an sdl game, and a gtk2 based chat program. Also included prboom and freedoom.wad ( doom clone ). I'm thinking about removing matchbox-wm to free up some space as gcc and all the dev headers and libs took up alot of space. It should be ready in a day or 2, and qkall said he'd be more than willing to host the download.

So, since my freeshells account is down, im going to revamp 720.b0x.com and all my jornada linux stuff will be linked off of there. Look for changes in the next few days. Will post back when everything is a ready to rock n roll.

Cheers.

Sorry to hear about your site, but glad to hear about your upcoming update...

If possible, could you please include gnumeric for me??? Given the headaches I've been having trying to get it to run...

Thanks!

Top of the page
RTFM Page Icon Posted 2008-05-18 1:42 AM
#
H/PC Elite

Just cleaning it up a bit, but wont be long before i post the updated download link. It will be severely larger however due to the development tools and headers. Roughly 120 meg download that will uncompress to 380 meg.

Timmaeh: You can blacklist from /etc/hotplug/blacklist. Just edit the file. As for patched drivers, no clue, i didnt build the kernel.

ArchiMark: Gnumeric is installed and starts and seems to work fine. ( not overly tested however )

I also added/removed other things that you will be able to find in the updated readme.txt once i update the website. For now heres 2 teaser screens.

Cheers.

Edited by RTFM 2008-05-18 1:46 AM
 Top of the page
Timmaeh
Timmaeh Page Icon Posted 2008-05-18 8:07 AM
#
Blacklisting the drivers in /etc/hotplug/blacklist takes no effect when gpe is started. The drivers where loaded automatically?!
 Top of the page
ArchiMark Page Icon Posted 2008-05-18 9:58 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Sensei

Timmaeh - 2008-05-18 5:07 AM

Blacklisting the drivers in /etc/hotplug/blacklist takes no effect when gpe is started. The drivers where loaded automatically?!

Not 100% sure, but don't you have to logout and then log back in for this change to take effect? Or maybe even reboot?

Top of the page
ArchiMark Page Icon Posted 2008-05-18 10:00 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Sensei

RTFM - 2008-05-17 10:42 PM

Just cleaning it up a bit, but wont be long before i post the updated download link. It will be severely larger however due to the development tools and headers. Roughly 120 meg download that will uncompress to 380 meg.

[Snip...]

ArchiMark: Gnumeric is installed and starts and seems to work fine. ( not overly tested however )

I also added/removed other things that you will be able to find in the updated readme.txt once i update the website. For now heres 2 teaser screens.

Cheers.

Looks great, RTFM!

Ready for testing.....

Thanks for getting gnumeric in there too!

Top of the page
Timmaeh
Timmaeh Page Icon Posted 2008-05-18 10:29 AM
#
I've done a reboot. Perhaps i have to blacklist the drivers in the gpe configuration or something else. Does anybody know?
 Top of the page
RTFM Page Icon Posted 2008-05-18 11:52 AM
#
H/PC Elite

You could also try what was suggested on jlimes forums. Should be relatively the same. http://jlime.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=78&t=1005&hilit=blacklist

Cheers.
 Top of the page
boobi
boobi Page Icon Posted 2008-05-20 4:35 AM
#
hi rtfm

i have jornada 720 + orinoco silver wifi card+ 1 GB CF card + card reader+ DSL LIVECD and i want to install your image
BUT I DONT KNOW HOW TO BEGIN and i am not familiar with linux at all

i dont know how to make partitions, i dont know how to extract the file i downloaded from your site etc

i read all the stuff in this thread and in the FAQ in your site but i couldnt understand what to do

is there any link for people who are not familiar with linux what to do exactly and step by step with pictures ?

thanks
 Top of the page
Timmaeh
Timmaeh Page Icon Posted 2008-05-20 1:37 PM
#
Where can i download the 120 meg version of IceWM?
 Top of the page
Qkall Page Icon Posted 2008-05-20 7:44 PM
#
Factorite (Senior)

boobi - i'd be happy to help you... it would be easier for me if you contact me via aim - uleftwithsilence

timmaeh - its not completely finished... it will be up soon tho (definitely this week)
 Top of the page
boobi
boobi Page Icon Posted 2008-05-21 3:18 AM
#
hi

thanks for the willing to help but i dont understand how to contact you using aim - uleftwithsilence

so i made a search and found your yahoo mail and sent you mail

Top of the page
magnu55 Page Icon Posted 2008-05-21 3:37 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

My first post! And I read all 21 pages! Whew!

First of all thanks a lot to RTFM for _still_ maintaining this distro.

I bought my j720 a week ago and Windows CE is really lacking (yes, I know, I'm speaking the obvious here...). I just got the latest image working last night and have yet to play with it much but already it looks much better than the CE. Looking forward to the upcoming update.

And oh yes, is anyone else having problems accessing the jLime website? Couldn't access it for the last 2 days or so?
 Top of the page
« Prev ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 Next »
Frozen
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.25 - Cached queries : 21 - Executed queries : 55