x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

WCF12-EU Linksys conflicts with OS HP Jornada 710

Osam
Osam Page Icon Posted 2005-03-24 4:12 PM
#
Hello,

I have problems with the Linksys WCF12-EU on my HP Jornada 710. In the final stage of installing a po-up menu appears telling A fatal application error: Application (Prismsta.exe) has performed an illegal operation.
Exception: 0xc0000005
Address: 00d9f2ac or address: 00d7f2ac

I have the latest downloads and MS. ActiveSync 3.8; THe Hp Jornada 710 has an StrongArm SA1110 processor

I have read your comments, especially that of CEMONEX but nothing helps so far.

I'm hoping for your kind help. Thanks.
 Top of the page
takwu Page Icon Posted 2005-03-25 6:26 AM
#
H/PC Elder

The WCF12 driver is designed for Pocket PC devices, and causes the error on my 728 as well.

Uninstall the WCF12 driver, and install the WCF11 driver. Insert the card and you should get a prompt for a driver name, type in "WCF11NDS.DLL".

Please tell us if it works for you or not. Good luck.
 Top of the page
OSAM
OSAM Page Icon Posted 2005-03-25 9:43 AM
#
Hi WUTAK.
Thanks for your soon reply. My first session go wrong I try it again.
BTW I have downloaded SOCKETS Drivers for WCF12 and it works fine but the RADIO signals broadcastet from my USR8054 AP/ROUTER are not detected. WHY?
It has something to do with preamble settings from short to long preamble.
Do you know how to configure these settings in the AP/ROUTER and provide me with examples if you are familiar with these?
 Top of the page
takwu Page Icon Posted 2005-03-25 7:25 PM
#
H/PC Elder

Sorry I'm not familiar with Socket drivers, or USR APs.

But in general you just have to make sure the SSID and WEP keys are the same for the card and the AP, and it should be ok. Other things like preamble settings should have an "automatic" option, which has always worked for me.
 Top of the page
OSAM
OSAM Page Icon Posted 2005-03-27 3:52 PM
#
Hello WUTAK,

Your recommendation for the drivers of WCF11 instead of those provided with WCF12 solved the problem between WCF12 and HP Jornada 710.

I do not understand the support team of Linksys Help Desk Netherlands where I live, they send the problem to nowhere with no solution.

The forum and you are a better help.

Thank you very much.

With greetings from the Netherlands.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.125 - Cached queries : 60 - Executed queries : 8