x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Two linux in the same CF?

internetcz Page Icon Posted 2007-03-27 5:08 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Its possible install the 720 Degrees and the Jlime in the same card?
I have a 4GB CF. I have 3 partitons: sdb1 (linexec.exe, params.txt ... fat16), sdb2 with 720Degrees (working with ext2) and sdb3 with Jlime (with ext2).
The 720 degrees is working fine but I cant to boot the Jlime in sdb3.

When I want to boot the Jlime I put the correct files in fat16 partion and edit the params.txt to boot hda3 (hda2 its default). But when I execute the linexec.exe the 720 Degrees is booted (in hda2 - sdb2!) I dont know how to boot the sdb3 (hda3).
Somebody can help me?

I think than linexec.exe have some code line saying to enter in the hda2 only. The partiton to boot its not editable by params.txt. Im right?
In this case what can I do?

Edited by internetcz 2007-03-27 5:10 AM
 Top of the page
chazco
chazco Page Icon Posted 2007-03-27 2:07 PM
#
I've done this before when testing beta versions of JLime - Linexec should pass hda3 to the kernel which should load the alternate version. Make sure you're specifying the right kernels, although it should work anyway.
 Top of the page
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2007-03-27 8:07 PM
#
Avatar image of sophisticatedleaf
H/PC Elder

Which 720degrees are you using? If you get sdb2, it sounds like you are using kernel 2.4. I'm not sure about the Jlime, but the root= option in Linexec is meant for specifying the partition - I do not see why it would be hardcoded at hda2. Like chazco said, I would check the kernels. Try to use the same one (2.6) for both distros - then you can avoid the initrd.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.125 - Cached queries : 59 - Executed queries : 9