x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

quick start menu on my intermec 6551 what is it?

leftnutt34 Page Icon Posted 2005-03-26 2:14 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

i was looking threw stuff on my intermecs start menu and noticed this little diddy called quick start menu under the accessoriers folder i load it up and noticed it went to my space by the clock it looks like its for adding short cuts to your favorite programs or most used . my big question is how do you add stuff to it i have tried to right clicking on it to bring up something with options looked around everywhere can anyone help my out . thanks
 Top of the page
Uncle Ben Page Icon Posted 2005-03-26 7:52 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

leftnutt34 - 2005-03-26 2:14 AM

i was looking threw stuff on my intermecs start menu and noticed this little diddy called quick start menu under the accessoriers folder i load it up and noticed it went to my space by the clock it looks like its for adding short cuts to your favorite programs or most used . my big question is how do you add stuff to it i have tried to right clicking on it to bring up something with options looked around everywhere can anyone help my out . thanks

You don't give much detail as to what applet you installed but if you right click it (hold the ALT key and tap the task bar icon) a menu should open up and allow you to configure the quick start menu to expedite the launching of those applications that you use the most.
 Top of the page
Jornada 660lx Page Icon Posted 2005-03-26 8:39 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

double clicking (double tapping) and holding the stylus down over the icon works sometime also.

Edited by Jornada 660lx 2005-03-26 8:40 AM
 Top of the page
leftnutt34 Page Icon Posted 2005-03-26 1:47 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

its from the powertoy or plus packages for handheld pc 3.0 .. i tried what you said it brings up a programs folder and exit. put nothing else and the program folder says empty not sure how to add stuff to it
 Top of the page
Uncle Ben Page Icon Posted 2005-03-26 3:17 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

leftnutt34 - 2005-03-26 1:47 PM

its from the powertoy or plus packages for handheld pc 3.0 .. i tried what you said it brings up a programs folder and exit. put nothing else and the program folder says empty not sure how to add stuff to it

OK - I don't have it installed but I did use it at one time. Look at the text file that came with MS Powertoys -it explains how to use it.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-03-27 2:30 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Create a folder named Start Menu in \Windows

Copy shortcuts, files, folders etc into it

That adds things to it. Use Control + Tap to open contents in Windows CE Explorer
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.156 - Cached queries : 61 - Executed queries : 11