x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Can't get wireless to work ce 2.0 cf100w card

1 2
Bobby
Bobby Page Icon Posted 2007-04-25 8:11 AM
#
Hi,

I bought it on ebay and the guy says that it is a 100% authentic Lucent one. Here is a link to what I bought:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=003&sspagename=STR...

I downloaded the version 4.6 drivers, but haven't yet tried the 4.4 drivers. Based on your comment "wvlan46" I assumed I should download the 4.6 drivers.

Thanks for your help...

Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2007-04-25 4:20 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

IIRC, there have been some issues with the 4.06 drivers. The 4.04 version should work.
 Top of the page
Bobby
Bobby Page Icon Posted 2007-04-25 6:51 PM
#
OK, I tried the 4.04 drivers. Same message:
WAVELAN: Install_Driver PnpId UNKNOWN_MANUFACTURER-B0B0 Regpth wvlan46 RegSize 256

I give up.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2007-04-25 7:20 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Let's take a step back for a moment. I checked the eBay listing you linked, and I can only see pictures of the back of the card (which says "Agere Systems" instead of "Lucent Technologies" - but that shouldn't matter). On the other side - is there just the "ORiNOCO" logo with a blue or purple background on the card? And does the black antenna casing have the "ORiNOCO" logo as well, or does it say "Lucent Technologies"? Or does it look completely different from those descriptions? (The seller's claims notwithstanding, I'm not convinced that this isn't a rebranded card.)

I seem to recall some devices may have even had issues with the 4.06 driver - but I can't see how a card that works in my HC-4500 wouldn't work in your HC-4100.
 Top of the page
Bobby
Bobby Page Icon Posted 2007-04-25 9:18 PM
#
The front part of the card is completely blank - there is no label at all. There is an antennae input on one side. From this perspective, it appears to be not authentic.

The back says "Agere Systems" with a bunch of other technical info. I bought the card because I believed the seller's comments that it was not a re-branded version, even though I really don't understand why there is such an issue with rebranding of this card. Either way, it doesn't seem to be working. Any other ideas?
 Top of the page
Bobby
Bobby Page Icon Posted 2007-04-25 9:51 PM
#
Thought I'd also say that the "serial number" on the back of the card says "PC24E-11-FC/R"
 Top of the page
thcrw739 Page Icon Posted 2007-04-25 10:59 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

I have a Hawking CF100w card i got off of ebay a wile back, doesnt work worth a crap with anything, i even sent back the first one and got a 2nd , thought it might have somthing wrong..

Still didnt work, the only thing it did work with was a sharp mobilon, dont remember the exact model eiother a 4500 or a 4600 , but it would allways drop connection soon after it started working and couldnt figure out why....

Any way thats my experience

Its possible that its problem at least with mine is that its CF type II, so even with a pc card adapter it might still have some confusion on the hardware???

Edited by thcrw739 2007-04-25 11:02 PM
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2007-04-26 12:03 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Bobby - 2007-04-25 6:51 PM

Thought I'd also say that the "serial number" on the back of the card says "PC24E-11-FC/R"

That's the same as on my Agere ORiNOCO card, so the drivers should work. I'm thinking you want to contact the seller and explain that it won't work with the standard Lucent drivers, and ask for a refund. Sorry you're having such dreadful luck with WiFi cards thus far.
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.185 - Cached queries : 62 - Executed queries : 8