x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Can't get wireless to work ce 2.0 cf100w card

1 2
Bobby
Bobby Page Icon Posted 2007-03-31 7:11 PM
#
Hello,

I have a sharp mobilon 4100 with a PCMCIA port. It has windows CE 2.0 installed. I purchased a Hawking CF100W card online, and a type II CF to PCMCIA adapter. I installed SP1 and NSP in that order. I then installed the cf100w driver that can be found on this website. When I plug the card into the mobilon, the light on the card turns on. A prompt comes up that says "Unidentified PCCard Adapter". "Unknown card in socket 1" and prompts for driver name. I put prismnds.dll and the light on the CF card turns on and stays lit.
I then go to the control panel and click on "Wireless Config Utility" and a prompt comes up saying "Unable to connect to the wireless network card, please insert it". The title of the prompt is "PRISMCFG". Of course, I try numerous times to reinsert the card, soft reset, etc...

Note that every time I insert the card I must enter the driver name. After doing so the card's light always turns on and stays on. Obviously, internet does not work.

Thanks so much for ANY help anyone can give me!!!
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2007-03-31 8:52 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

interesting that the card's own driver doesnt work with it properly. what you describe means the driver is incompatible. try the belkin driver (the only other ce 2.0 prism driver). the driver name for that is bkf5dnds.dll or similar
 Top of the page
Bobby
Bobby Page Icon Posted 2007-04-01 2:06 PM
#
I have tried that as well, and I got the same response. Any thoughts as to if this is an issue of the CF to PCMCIA converter? Perhaps the mobilon is looking for a CF card only and not a PCMCIA card? If this is the case maybe the registry setting need to be tweaked or something?

If I can't get this card to work, can someone tell me of a wifi card that will DEFINITELY work with my setup (that can also be purchased online). Remember that it needs to either be a PCMCIA card (since mobilon doesn't have CF card) or it has to support the CF to PCMCIA conversion. I looked at the "supported wifi cards" page, but I quickly became confused - I just need one working card for this thing - one that I can just plug in and go.

Thanks so much,
Bobby
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2007-04-01 3:25 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

it doesn't matter if it is cf or pcmcia. all cf's are fine in the pcmcia-cf adapter
i'll test some cards in my 4100 and get back to you.
 Top of the page
Bobby
Bobby Page Icon Posted 2007-04-01 5:14 PM
#
Wow, that would be great. Thanks so much for your help!!! Do you have a bunch of win ce devices or something? I am surprised that someone else still has a working 4100...
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2007-04-01 8:27 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

Bobby: yup i collected all the ce 1.0 and 2.0 models the 4100 was actually my second ce 2.0 device, in 2005.

Edited by cmonex 2007-04-01 8:28 PM
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2007-04-02 12:03 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

I've gotten my Agere ORiNOCO Classic Gold card working in all my CE 2.0 devices. But you have to use the Lucent WaveLAN driver instead of the Agere driver to get it working. (See the links in this card's listing in the Hardware Compatibility List for details.)
 Top of the page
Bobby
Bobby Page Icon Posted 2007-04-02 8:35 AM
#
Thanks all of you for your help -

CE Geek - have you gotten that card to work on a sharp mobilon HC-4100 CE 2.0 device? I'd like to find a card that has been proven to work in my exact setup.

Thanks again!!!!
Bobby
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2007-04-03 7:53 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Yes, it does work. Again, use the Lucent WaveLAN driver for the ORiNOCO card in CE 2.0. It shouldn't ask you for a driver name when you insert the card, but if it does, type in wvlan46.

Edited by CE Geek 2007-04-03 7:54 PM
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2007-04-03 9:57 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Note about my last post: it works in my HC-4500, which is also CE 2.0. I wouldn't expect the results to be different in the HC-4100, though.
 Top of the page
Bobby
Bobby Page Icon Posted 2007-04-07 2:05 PM
#
Last question -

Tried just about everything and this cf100w card won't work. Any thoughts on if my CF to PCMCIA being a type II adapter as opposed to a type I could be causing the problem. It just seems so strange that everywhere I look it clearly says this card supports win ce 2.0, yet it doesn't work for me. Hey on the HCL it says that 2.0 is supported but there is no green check mark next to 2.1 - whats the deal with that? Isn't 2.1 just 2.0 with the SP1 and HPC Net update? Finally, any more suggestions on a card that def works with exactly my setup - I got one suggestion w/ a 4500 but I'd like to hear a suggestion with the 4100.

Thanks!!
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2007-04-07 4:38 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

sorry had no time to check my 4100. i hope AA batteries will do because i dont have the ac adapter for it i'll find some AA's and start the experiments
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2007-04-07 5:27 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Bobby, if you're saying that the PCMCIA-to-CF adapter is Type II CF compatible, that shouldn't make a difference.
 Top of the page
Bobby
Bobby Page Icon Posted 2007-04-24 8:59 PM
#
Ok, I goth the orinoco gold card and downloaded the wavelan silver driver from the HCL but I get an "unrecognized manufacturer" error. When you say download the lucent wavlan - do you mean the lucent "orinoco" gold driver or the "wavlan" silver driver? I don't see a wavlan gold...
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2007-04-24 11:18 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

The WaveLAN driver. The driver is the same for the Gold, Silver, and Bronze cards - these three designations only refer to the encryption level (128-bit, 64-bit, and 40-bit respectively). But I have to ask which ORiNOCO you have - is it the Lucent one, the Agere one, or the Proxim one? (The first two should work, but the Proxim card probably won't.)

Edited by CE Geek 2007-04-24 11:20 PM
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.203 - Cached queries : 49 - Executed queries : 27