x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Sharp Mobilon screen sensitivity patch (and other issues)

CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2007-04-10 7:32 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

I recently hard reset my HC-4500 (though not on purpose - I was attempting a soft reset), and I can't locate the screen sensitivity patch online anywhere. I know I saw it in the Windows Mobile Today forums several months ago, but I can't find it any more. Needless to say, it's nowhere to be found on Sharp USA's site. Anyone here know where I can find it?

BTW, the reason I was soft resetting the device in the above-mentioned instance was because I was having a problem synching appointments with ActiveSync on this device. I keep getting an error message on the PC that says that "there was no response from the mobile device in checking out-of-date Appointments," and I can't sync PIM data any further. (No such problem on any of my other devices.) Anyone know what's going on here?
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2007-04-10 7:34 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

urm is there one? i'd like to try it on my hc4100.
 Top of the page
thcrw739 Page Icon Posted 2007-04-10 10:31 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

Here ya go

http://www.sharp.ca/downloads/default2.asp
Look under Electronic-Organizer

then choose HC4500, if you have problems i can direct link it

Edited by thcrw739 2007-04-10 10:34 PM
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2007-04-11 5:08 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

I had to hit the road shortly after posting, but while I was out I checked some old Windows CE software CDs I have, and found both versions of the touchscreen patch (for the HC-4100 and the HC-4500) on one of them. Silly me - I hadn't noticed them before. I've posted the links below. Thanx for your help anyway, thcrw739. (I checked the link you posted in hopes of finding the driver for the PCMCIA camera that came with it, but no luck there.)

That still leaves me with the synching problem I mentioned above. Any ideas?

Edited by CE Geek 2007-04-11 5:16 AM

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 4100.exe (65KB - 1 downloads)
Attachments touch.exe (46KB - 0 downloads)
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2007-04-27 4:39 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Okay, this is now officially weird. I bought a third HC-4500 after dropping the second one and breaking the power connection on the motherboard , and it's doing the same thing even though I deleted the old partnership and created a new one.

I keep getting an error message on the PC that says that "there was no response from the mobile device in checking out-of-date Appointments," and I can't sync PIM data any further. (No such problem on any of my other devices.) Anyone know what's going on here?
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2007-05-28 5:59 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

A Google search points to several forums about several Pocket PCs that do the same thing. The issue seemed to be connected to one of two things: WiFi and Resco Picture Viewer. The latter produces a file called picViewSync.dat in \Windows that apparently produces a software conflict with ActiveSync. The fix is to delete the file. I've never installed Resco Picture Viewer on any device, and that file doesn't exist on my Mobilon. I wondered if Sharp's Image Viewer might be the culprit; however, there's no evidence of a patch for it online anywhere. Wouldn't Sharp have put one out if its own Image Viewer caused the problem?

I tried unchecking the network sync option in ActiveSync on my PC, and made sure my WiFi card is removed while I attempted a resync of the Mobilon. Same result - error message still there.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.171 - Cached queries : 63 - Executed queries : 10