x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Windows CE.net total skinning

1 2 3 4
Geared2003 Page Icon Posted 2007-04-12 3:14 PM
#
H/PC Elite

Yes, with Ce.net you can skin everything: not only icons and toolbar buttons.
The credit of this discovery goes to TFGBD and Cmonex ( thanks to Cmonex for sending me the working system files).
This is just an example of what you can achieve with some patience: a port of the WinXP Royale skin:

(0412210339.jpg)

(0412211544.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 0412210339.jpg (32KB - 8 downloads)
Attachments 0412211544.jpg (32KB - 1 downloads)
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2007-04-12 5:39 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

nice skin - is this fully working already? TFGBD has this skin but it is only 90% done
 Top of the page
macmee Page Icon Posted 2007-04-12 6:29 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

I still don't know where to download the other xp theme, but this one looks very nice!
 Top of the page
oldkr Page Icon Posted 2007-04-12 6:36 PM
#
Factor Fanatic

looks tres cool!
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2007-04-13 1:36 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Can't wait to download it and put it on my skeye.pad!
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2007-04-13 1:52 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

i've not been able to talk to TFGBD in the last few days. he's got some great skins done, but only 90% done and that's the problem - if you don't mind small problems (really small!) then i'll upload them somewhere.. one will be included with first edition of the custom rom as i said
..actually i'm writing this post while programming the first experimental edition of that custom rom into the flash. bored waiting

Edited by cmonex 2007-04-13 1:53 AM
 Top of the page
Geared2003 Page Icon Posted 2007-04-13 2:00 AM
#
H/PC Elite

cmonex - 2007-04-11 11:39 PM

nice skin - is this fully working already? TFGBD has this skin but it is only 90% done

Yes, this is fully working: all graphic elements are 100% skinned.

However, this skinning method is not based on simple MUI resource files: Gwes.exe and Comctrl.dll must be replaced by hacked versions. On my Mio268, I have some 3 "side effects":
-the first one is very positive: with the new system files, a nasty bug of my Mio has disappeared ( I used to have screen freezes very often, when tapping on the screen)
-the other side effects are not so good: there are no more sounds when tapping the screen ( I personally don't care ), and Nyditot Virtual Display doesn't work anymore ( I used NVD rarely anyway...).

So this method cannot be guaranted as 100% safe, unlike simple MUI skinning: it might even cause some real problems on different devices.

Edited by Geared2003 2007-04-13 2:01 AM
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2007-04-13 2:01 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

Geared2003: can you send me your package in an email so that i can test it? thanks
 Top of the page
Geared2003 Page Icon Posted 2007-04-13 12:21 PM
#
H/PC Elite

cmonex - 2007-04-12 7:52 AM

i've not been able to talk to TFGBD in the last few days. he's got some great skins done, but only 90% done and that's the problem - if you don't mind small problems (really small!) then i'll upload them somewhere.. one will be included with first edition of the custom rom as i said
..actually i'm writing this post while programming the first experimental edition of that custom rom into the flash. bored waiting

Which part (10%) is missing ? Yes, post the files somewhere: I will have a look...
You've got mail...
Be careful with these hacked files: you should test them thoroughly before putting them in a ROM...
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2007-04-13 12:43 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

thanks for the mail will answer it soon.. and i'll test it out of course
 Top of the page
DarkShadow
DarkShadow Page Icon Posted 2007-04-13 2:52 PM
#
Look very kool!
Will it work on the sig3 too ?
 Top of the page
Geared2003 Page Icon Posted 2007-04-14 2:51 AM
#
H/PC Elite

This won't work "as is" on the Sigmarion (different OS version). It might be possible with some modified CE4.1 system files though...
 Top of the page
Geared2003 Page Icon Posted 2007-04-15 5:11 AM
#
H/PC Elite

The following screenshot shows the new version of this skin pack: all standard buttons are now like WinXP buttons: "flat style buttons", without borders.
This is a screenshot of the regular Windows CE Explorer ( not GSFinder+ which uses flat style buttons by default ).

There is still an annoying problem with this skinning method: the arrow mouse cursor is visible all the time ( without any mouse ). I found a method to make this silly mouse pointer transparent, but there is a drawback: when you attach a mouse to the device, you cannot see the mouse pointer anymore...! So the choice is limited: if you use an USB mouse, you will have to leave the mouse pointer as it is...

(0415104719.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 0415104719.jpg (44KB - 4 downloads)
 Top of the page
macmee Page Icon Posted 2007-04-15 6:28 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

Geared2003 - 2007-04-15 6:11 AM

The following screenshot shows the new version of this skin pack: all standard buttons are now like WinXP buttons: "flat style buttons", without borders.
This is a screenshot of the regular Windows CE Explorer ( not GSFinder+ which uses flat style buttons by default ).

There is still an annoying problem with this skinning method: the arrow mouse cursor is visible all the time ( without any mouse ). I found a method to make this silly mouse pointer transparent, but there is a drawback: when you attach a mouse to the device, you cannot see the mouse pointer anymore...! So the choice is limited: if you use an USB mouse, you will have to leave the mouse pointer as it is...

It's not a big drawback though.
 Top of the page
Bensawsome Page Icon Posted 2007-04-15 12:52 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Geared2003 - 2007-04-15 6:11 AM

So where do we dooownload it! Tell me Tell me Tell me!
That is awesome (like me! )
 Top of the page
1 2 3 4
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.25 - Cached queries : 68 - Executed queries : 14