x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

680e w/cradle, *real* CF slot, vioce recorder for $109+free shipping

1 2
Snappy! Page Icon Posted 2005-04-04 9:49 PM
#
H/PC Elder

alright guys, I just got the 680e from Justdeals ... I must say ... wooo hooo ...

The unit came in like-new! There was a plastic film to protect the LCD, though I am not sure if its to cover up any defects! ... am too thrilled ... have not removed it yet!

Everything looks pristine. Only bummer is that the battery is 0% ... letting it charge up ... hopefully it takes a charge ...

Other than that, the unit came with the user guide/manual + original Outlook2000 etc ... again, I have not opened the wrapper, so I have no idea what else is in there ...

The white box came with 680e, cradle, ac power adapter, serial sync cable and manual/CD set.

So far ... A++

Will try uBook on it later ... wish me luck!
 Top of the page
Snappy! Page Icon Posted 2005-04-06 9:04 AM
#
H/PC Elder

After using it for a few days, I find the 680e very usable and has a nice feel to it. I'm not sure if it is the color or material, but it has a more solid feel to it than the MP790.

The LCD is btw, brandNew.

The only glitch so far is that the CF card is sometimes not detected or renamed to Storage Card22 or something else. Other than that, everything works fine!
 Top of the page
thcrw739 Page Icon Posted 2005-04-06 11:28 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

Sounds like all you need is some Hp upgrades...CF card
 Top of the page
Snappy! Page Icon Posted 2005-04-07 8:58 AM
#
H/PC Elder

thcrw739 - 2005-04-06 9:28 PM

Sounds like all you need is some Hp upgrades...CF card

HP upgrades? You mean the 16MB ram upgrade?

For CF card, I got 3 X 512MB CF ... so suffice for now.
 Top of the page
nymax
nymax Page Icon Posted 2005-04-08 9:23 PM
#
Alright, it looks like there's not much need to report on my refurb'd Jornada 680e from justdeals.com. It's cherry. The unit itself is near-new looking. That is, no scratches, blemishes of any kind--but the finish isn't convincingly shiny enough to get by as "brand new." The LCD is new, however, and from the looks of it, so is the cradle. The manuals, media all look new. Possibly the *only* thing that didn't look absolutely brand new was the serial cable. If you demand brand new looking serial cables, this may not be the deal for you. Now about the unit itself.

Popped the AC adapter in and got the system up with a nice bright screen within a couple of seconds. The one downside: the backup battery IS dead, but you can pick up a replacement from your favorite electronics store for < $3. Sweet.

There have been so many reviews on this little unit and I've got mostly the same praise (and same complaints): sturdy, *so* compact, bright+big screen, fast, PCMCIA slot into which I can pop my SD card reader or use the built-in CF slot. Dulcet.

Alright, the keys are small. And my only gripe--and I'm not sure it's just the way the 680e is or whatnot. But you have to tap pretty damn hard to get responses. I tried recalibrating the stylus and adjusting the double-click speed. Nope. You just have to tap real hard. And, yes, the fact that the bottom cover juts out when you drop in a PC card is kind of annoying. But with these two minor annoyances aside, the 680e is fantastic! And I'm mostly unimpressed with most new gadgets that come out. I can't believe I ever went the route of Palm pilots. I can type at nearly 40% my normal typing speed on this thing which I imagine is bound to improve--and I have big hands.

Bottom line - this thing is great.
 Top of the page
Snappy! Page Icon Posted 2005-04-08 10:44 PM
#
H/PC Elder

nymax - 2005-04-08 7:23 PM

... absolutely brand new was the serial cable. If you demand brand new looking serial cables, this may not be the deal for you. Now about the unit itself.
... ...
Bottom line - this thing is great.

hahahaa ... good one on the serial cable nymax!
I guess I got lucky ... my serial cable is brandNew too! ...

Yes, this thingie is great!

On the CF card popping out ... I actually found it an ingenius use of space! It almost reminds me of Transformers!
 Top of the page
thcrw739 Page Icon Posted 2005-04-09 12:53 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

HP upgrades? You mean the 16MB ram upgrade?

For CF card, I got 3 X 512MB CF ... so suffice for now.....

Actully Snappy i should have said updates.....

there is a pc card/ cf update along with a bunch of others....here is the addy...

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?product=61103&l...
 Top of the page
Snappy! Page Icon Posted 2005-04-09 7:35 PM
#
H/PC Elder

thcrw739 - 2005-04-08 10:53 PM

Actully Snappy i should have said updates.....

there is a pc card/ cf update along with a bunch of others....here is the addy...

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?product=61103&l...

oic ... thanks!
 Top of the page
bruisedquasar Page Icon Posted 2005-04-11 6:29 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Tigerdirect Clearance Refurbished J 680e marked down to $119.00

--Bruised
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.203 - Cached queries : 66 - Executed queries : 8