x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

A couple GPE questions

1 2
Qkall Page Icon Posted 2007-04-27 5:09 PM
#
Factorite (Senior)

hiya,
i didn't want to add this to the already bloated topic.. and i figured it didn't really fit too well.

1-Unless i missed something, i don't see a media player for GPE, i know vlc was removed but i didn't notice anything taking its place... if there isn't anything that i missed, what would you suggest?

2-how do i log into a wifi spot with a password? i can do it easy at my school but it forces you to a login page when you open the browser.. i dont see an option anywhere else.

3-is there a suggested bittorrent tool? i haven't tried any (still trying to get a swap properly), but utorrent looks like it might work.

Thanks for your future suggestion/answers
~Q~

ps-RTFM, Thanks tons for putting this together, it seems to work perfectly (although i haven't tried anything with sound, yet)
 Top of the page
RTFM Page Icon Posted 2007-04-28 6:31 PM
#
H/PC Elite

Hmm. I should have labeled the files with dates maybe. If you downloaded either of the last 2 updates there are audio players included and icons for them. I removed vlc as it didnt work correctly. Mplayer also didnt work correctly, so no video player, but there is madplay, mocp, and bplay, which between the 3 will play mp3, ogg and wav files.

If it doesnt already auto log on to wifi hotspots, you will need to run iwconfig manually to add the ssid and password. Pretty simple. Give iwconfig a quick google for more info.

If i remember correctly ctorrent is installed ( command line bittorent ), if its not, just "ipkg install ctorrent"

Cheers.
 Top of the page
Qkall Page Icon Posted 2007-04-28 6:43 PM
#
Factorite (Senior)

so theres no chance on video player? xmms works for opie but doesn't work for gpe? i'm pretty much a newb on this subject.. but i really was hoping for some movie times ...

thanks
~Q~
 Top of the page
RTFM Page Icon Posted 2007-05-02 7:10 AM
#
H/PC Elite

Nope, xmms-embedded only runs in opie/qtopia and doesnt support video playback anyway. Until somebody forks or maybe slims up vlc, xine or mplayers code there wont be much for video playback on the jornada under linux. They are just a bit too heavy and resource hungry.

Cheers.
 Top of the page
Qkall Page Icon Posted 2007-05-02 8:33 PM
#
Factorite (Senior)

that sucks... thanks for the response tho.. i just really feel like there should be something out there tho... i mean i find it hard to believe there isn't a console based video player.. they have em for audio... weird... but i suppose i can just be more patient..

ps- isn't jlime equipped with mplayer?
 Top of the page
RTFM Page Icon Posted 2007-05-03 6:55 AM
#
H/PC Elite

By default no jlime (mongo) doesnt have mplayer. I can build it and toss it in the mongo feed, but video playback isnt good and i see no point compiling and uploading an app that will be generally useless. Opie player uses xine's back end and may be useable, but i havent had a chance to test that yet personally as there isnt sound support in the 2.6 kernel yet.

Cheers.
 Top of the page
Qkall Page Icon Posted 2007-05-03 7:07 PM
#
Factorite (Senior)

ok thanks... i sorta came up with a simple solution.. haven't tested it.. but i was driving and i had a thought... "hey, since hpc2000 can play avi's with dvix ... why not just do a hard restart when i want to play movies and load back up linux for everything else?" i'm satisfied with the solution as of now (since i haven't tried..lol)

thanks agian!
 Top of the page
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2007-05-03 7:40 PM
#
Avatar image of sophisticatedleaf
H/PC Elder

Yeah, the Linux video applications really are rather bloated. We might be able to look into whatever the Road S101/others use, because its specifications are similar to ours, and it advertises video playing.
 Top of the page
RTFM Page Icon Posted 2007-05-09 2:24 PM
#
H/PC Elite

Qkall: Just for grins i built mplayer after applying some patches and tested it on jlime mongo. Amazingly it plays as well as tcpmp on win ce. Unfortunately there is no sound support for the jornada in the 2.6 kernel yet, so i sent the sound to a null device at 22khz for an accurate test and it was still fine.

Opie media player also plays well. So eventually, once sound support is fixed, you wont have to boot into ce to play videos anymore.

Cheers.

Edited by RTFM 2007-05-09 2:46 PM
 Top of the page
Qkall Page Icon Posted 2007-05-09 5:37 PM
#
Factorite (Senior)

awesome to hear! outta curiosity how much more work is needed for sound?
 Top of the page
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2007-05-09 8:35 PM
#
Avatar image of sophisticatedleaf
H/PC Elder

Wow.

Qkall: The driver needs to be built from scratch. So...it is not like it is just a tiny thing that needs to be done; a skilled coder needs to actually devote a lot of time to get it done.
 Top of the page
Q at skewl
Q at skewl Page Icon Posted 2007-05-10 8:31 AM
#
hey new question,
i would like to stream music from my j720 is there a linux program that makes that possible?

I'm trying to stream this site and i haven't figured it out...

http://www.mic-beatz.com/player.html

it has mp3, ogg, and aaf+ formats...

thanks
~Q~
 Top of the page
RTFM Page Icon Posted 2007-05-10 9:12 AM
#
H/PC Elite

ogg123 http://mic-beatz.com:8010/live.ogg should do it.

Cheers.
 Top of the page
Q at skewl
Q at skewl Page Icon Posted 2007-05-10 9:57 AM
#
yeah i know that much , but how do i open it.. if i click on it it gives me an option to open with something... but i don't know what/how to open it... i tried saving the file and opening thru the music player and wav thing but didn't work...
 Top of the page
RTFM Page Icon Posted 2007-05-10 11:19 AM
#
H/PC Elite

Type ogg123 http://mic-beatz.com:8010/live.ogg in a terminal. Thats it. I did the work for you. I saved the m3u and opened it in an editor to get the streams direct url. ogg123 is the ogg command line audio player. It should be installed, but if it isnt just type ipkg install vorbis-tools to install ogg123.

Cheers.
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.218 - Cached queries : 71 - Executed queries : 8