x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

A couple GPE questions

1 2
RTFM Page Icon Posted 2007-05-31 9:33 AM
#
H/PC Elite

Ok, so added mplayer to this gpe image. It works, with sound. However its isnt as fast as mplayer on mongo due to the 2.4 kernel not having the proper 2d acceleration that the 2.6 kernel has. But whatever, it works decent enough to round out this linux image. Also added a paint program and a console msn client. Refresh the readme.txt on download page for changes.

Cheers.
 Top of the page
Qkall Page Icon Posted 2007-05-31 7:26 PM
#
Factorite (Senior)

you sir... you sir... are too kind...

if i was homosexual.. i'd totally have a crush on you...
 Top of the page
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2007-05-31 8:53 PM
#
Avatar image of sophisticatedleaf
H/PC Elder

Qkall, I am tempted to edit your post. Keep things on topic.

RTFM: For a second there, I thought you meant 2.6 had sound..
 Top of the page
RTFM Page Icon Posted 2007-06-02 8:45 AM
#
H/PC Elite

Ok, last update to this image. Removed minimo in favor of gpe-mini-browser. It's smaller, lighter, faster and renders very well as its gtkhtml/gecko based. Should be a nice welcome for 720 users where firefox is too slow and dillo isnt good enough.

As always refresh download page and readme.txt for changes.

Cheers.
 Top of the page
Qkall Page Icon Posted 2007-06-09 11:08 AM
#
Factorite (Senior)

have a slight problem and don't know how to fix... love the update btw the mini browser is somuch better than minimo! and mplayer works! but sound for mplayer doesn't with 3gp format... i'm sure i just need a codec or something.. but i don't even know where to begin.. i googled and it just told me it's already included... :-
thanks
~Q~
 Top of the page
RTFM Page Icon Posted 2007-06-09 1:06 PM
#
H/PC Elite

Never heard of 3gp personnally. Anyway, to keep the binary 'legal' and small, i just built mplayer with basic support for common codecs. It should handle mpg/mpeg/mp4/mp3/ogg/wav/avi/divx and oddly enough wmv ( even though the windows codecs werent used ) and a few others im forgetting. So i guess all i can say, dont use 3gp.

Upon visiting 3gp website, it gives links to programs to convert 3gp to avi/mpeg etc. Might want to try that. http://www.3gp.com/

Cheers.
 Top of the page
Qkall Page Icon Posted 2007-06-09 1:09 PM
#
Factorite (Senior)

okidoki, i have a program already to convert like anything to anything... i just liked 3gp's quality and small size... but i'll just convert it back to avi ^_^
 Top of the page
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2007-06-09 2:22 PM
#
H/PC Elder

RTFM: Commercial codecs cannot be distributed in your image? You might want to double-check that.
 Top of the page
RTFM Page Icon Posted 2007-06-09 5:17 PM
#
H/PC Elite

Well, in theory i *could*, ( already breaking the law with opera from zaurus in my opie image ) but as far as i know its not legal. Any popular linux distro now a days doesnt even include an mp3 codec, just ogg, with xmms by default because of licensing issues. Thats also the reason those codecs arent in mplayer source by default. The user has to download the seperate files and build it or add it themselves, which releases mplayer.hq from any legalities. I may be wrong however, but since this mplayer was built for use with jlime, ( i finnagled it into familiar gpe image ) we/they want to stay as legal as possible.

Cheers.
 Top of the page
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2007-06-09 5:21 PM
#
H/PC Elder

It's a good thing that I prefer the ogg format..
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.218 - Cached queries : 48 - Executed queries : 28