x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Linux on the Jornada 820 H/PC

CybaCowboy
CybaCowboy Page Icon Posted 2007-04-30 7:30 PM
#
Hi,

I'm using a Hewlett Packard Jornada 820 Handheld PC and I would like to install some form of Linux, as per this page, however although I expect (hope?) the installation to go smoothly, I'm sure I'll have a few questions along the way and that is what this thread is for...

My first question is, is there a way to format my storage card without the use of a card reader (eg. maybe by using the serial cable that comes with the device)?

The instructions say:

Partition 1gb flash card. On my PC, I used the command: fdisk /dev/sda

16mb fat32

* mb ext2

Is this referring to on the host computer, or on the Handheld PC itself?
 Top of the page
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2007-05-02 8:35 PM
#
Avatar image of sophisticatedleaf
H/PC Elder

sda is the card itself. You'd be best off just getting a reader.
 Top of the page
CybaCowboy
CybaCowboy Page Icon Posted 2007-05-02 8:51 PM
#
So what command would I use to partition the card in Ubuntu (Linux), or is there some software with a GUI that will assist me in partitioning my CompactFlash Card?

Partitions really aren't my thing and the only reason I was able to setup a dual-boot system (on my computer) at all was because Ubuntu offered a somewhat graphical UI during installation...
 Top of the page
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2007-05-03 12:59 AM
#
Avatar image of sophisticatedleaf
H/PC Elder

Gui partitioners never seem to work right. cfdisk is pretty intuitive...you should check it out.
 Top of the page
CybaCowboy
CybaCowboy Page Icon Posted 2007-05-03 1:47 AM
#
Okay, is there somewhere where I can get step-by-step-ish instructions to formatting my card using Ubuntu's (Linux) Terminal, which is the way in which I assume they expect me to do this?
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.156 - Cached queries : 42 - Executed queries : 26