x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Repligo Viewer with Netbook Pro

halljames
halljames Page Icon Posted 2005-03-31 7:38 AM
#
Has anyone tried Repligo Viewer on a Netbook Pro. Does it work? Does it work fullscreen?

I am getting one next week to replace my IPAQ, and am just trying to work out what software will work before it arrives. I have already purchased platform upgrades for Textmaker and Planmaker and I want to know what else I can use.

Anyone have any lists of software that people have tried and got to work?

http://www.hallstudios.co.uk
 Top of the page
Uncle Ben Page Icon Posted 2005-03-31 1:03 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

halljames - 2005-03-31 7:38 AM

Has anyone tried Repligo Viewer on a Netbook Pro. Does it work? Does it work fullscreen?

I am getting one next week to replace my IPAQ, and am just trying to work out what software will work before it arrives. I have already purchased platform upgrades for Textmaker and Planmaker and I want to know what else I can use.

Anyone have any lists of software that people have tried and got to work?

http://www.hallstudios.co.uk

Well, if you already have made plans for TextMaker and PlanMaker, that eliminates the need for viewers for at least to document types. I use ANSYR Primer for PDF, I used CNetX for PowerPoint, and I use Resco PhotoViewer for images and minor editing - I use Conduits PocketArtist for more serious picture editing.

Personally, I never liked viewers because they're too limited - that's all they are, viewers. I'm not in CE 4.x.net, by the way, I'm still on the HPC2000 platform - NEC MobilePro 900. But I think my comments are pertinent nevertheless. HTH.

Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2005-03-31 4:39 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

I can tell you that it doesn't work with my 900C. The cab file installs easily enough, but when I try to run the program it errors out. Checking it with Executability Check shows that it has a lot of MFCCE300.DLL calls not supported by the HPC version.

But I don't even know what type of viewer it is....

Rich
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-03-31 8:55 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

doesn't hexediting work with that?

it's a pdf viewer. it's said to be faster than acrobat reader.

Edited by cmonex 2005-03-31 8:56 PM
 Top of the page
halljames Page Icon Posted 2005-04-01 3:45 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Drat.

I use repligo for reading all of my converted pdf's cos Acrobat Reader on the pocket pc was so poor.

Now it looks like I am going to have to fork out $70 for a new PDF reader, although that Primer software looks very good.

I am pleased to hear that Conduits Pocket Artists works okay, which I also believe Pocket Slides does as well, so I am sorted in that respect.

Looking forward to getting my netbook.

While I am on, anyone now of any programming languages with a CE IDE as well, I know of NS Basic which allows you to create programs on the Netbook itself, are there any others.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-04-01 6:42 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

There are a few posts in the developers thread which will help you out.
 Top of the page
Uncle Ben Page Icon Posted 2005-04-01 7:11 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

halljames - 2005-04-01 3:45 AM

Drat.

I use repligo for reading all of my converted pdf's cos Acrobat Reader on the pocket pc was so poor.

Now it looks like I am going to have to fork out $70 for a new PDF reader, although that Primer software looks very good.

I am pleased to hear that Conduits Pocket Artists works okay, which I also believe Pocket Slides does as well, so I am sorted in that respect.

Looking forward to getting my netbook.

While I am on, anyone now of any programming languages with a CE IDE as well, I know of NS Basic which allows you to create programs on the Netbook itself, are there any others.

Conduits' PocketSlides worked well on my MobilePro 900 but I had considerable difficulty in VGA-out mode. I found the conversion to cpt format excruciatingly slow and adding transition effects to a large, graphic-intensive, presentation brought the presentation to a crawl. I'm told that most of these issues will be addressed in the next release, and will sure be looking forward to it, because it is indeed a very robust application, as good as it gets when it comes to a PPT subsitute.

In the interim, I'm using CNetX PocketSlideShow - the conversion process is a lot quicker and VGA-out output is perfect - except for transition effects - they're simply not carried over in VGA-out mode. Even though the transition effects appear on the HPC screen, nothing appears on the projected image. Admittedly, with CNetX PocketSlideShow, you can't add slides or do a complete presentation on the fly as you can with Conduits Pocket Slides. But I found that CNetX PocketSlideShow, used in combination with a small (freeware) applet called Pocket PowerPoint Editor from MinhoSoft does the job quite well for me, as long as the additions are simple - I use the MS Pocket PPT to show those additional slides. Not a perfect world, but it's a work around that has worked for me when in transit between two venues. Incidentally, I tried many times to get an answer from the developer about the transition issue in VGA-out mode and never got an answer, not even an acknowledgement.

HTH, good luck in your selection.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.156 - Cached queries : 63 - Executed queries : 9