x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Jlime Mongo Linux for Jornada 7xx HOW-TO pre-release beta

1 2 3 4
mr-mac Page Icon Posted 2007-08-10 5:33 PM
#
H/PC Elder

Well I got it all installed but am having no luck with Wi-Fi

I tried the 3Com card Isothem sells (3CRWE62092B) and it shows up as eth0 and I pop in all the config information but it always says failed to start when I click on start....

I tried my roku Agere card but it doesn't even show a power light...

Lastly I plugged in my cisco aironet 340 and it doesn't change any of the device names from disconnected to 802,11b like it does on the 3com card....

Tried to re-install all files to CF from scratch and still the same. And am using the opie image

John
 Top of the page
RTFM Page Icon Posted 2007-08-10 9:00 PM
#
H/PC Elite

The aironet 340 is known to work for sure. If your network isnt wep, just type udhcpc eth0 in console. Also i'd recommend posting on jlimes forum rather than here. You'd get more answers faster, and there are tutorials on how to set up wifi there also.

Cheers
 Top of the page
bvjones Page Icon Posted 2007-08-10 10:42 PM
#
Factorite (Senior)

I'm using an off-brand version of the Z-com XI-825 called ADLINK345CF, plugged into an NEC PCMCIA adapter. I had to hunt down and install a driver for Win CE, but it did eventually work.
On the other hand, it works GREAT with JLime with no configuring... BUT it has to be plugged in at boot time. And if I pop it out for some reason after booting, and then try to put it back in, it doesn't connect any more. I have to log out and back in again. Haven't been able to locate a menu akin to Windows' "repair connection" feature, but maybe it's there somewhere?
So, if you haven't already, try booting up with your various wireless cards plugged in.
And yeah, we've gotta start visiting the JLime forum.
 Top of the page
RTFM Page Icon Posted 2007-08-10 11:25 PM
#
H/PC Elite

bvjones: Yeah same thing, supported cards connect at boot. If you remove the card just run 'udhcpc eth0' in console to regain your connection.

Cheers.
 Top of the page
mr-mac Page Icon Posted 2007-08-11 9:30 AM
#
H/PC Elder

Yeah still no joy...

Aironet 340 just won't work at all.... I also tried having it in when I booted and it said somthing about no such device....

The 3com card is detected but just keeps saying sending discover again and again

Posted in the Jlime forum

John
 Top of the page
mr-mac Page Icon Posted 2007-08-11 10:37 AM
#
H/PC Elder

Found some issues...

the aironet when plugged in has a repeated pcmcia config message then times out....

The 3com atmel card has an issue with driver as it can't find the firmware.bin....
 Top of the page
mr-mac Page Icon Posted 2007-08-11 5:47 PM
#
H/PC Elder

And I am working (needed an updated atmel bin)

Looks really good so far.

Nice work
 Top of the page
lagonium Page Icon Posted 2007-12-14 5:48 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hi guys, this is my first post!

I installed the Opie Mongo image to my Jornada 720 using the Puppy Linux method, but I've got a bit of a problem. Everything works fine at first and I make it all the way to the 'Welcome to JLime, tap anywhere on the screen to continue' screen (I very much like the hue of the green chosen). So I tap the screen and a bar appears on the bottom of the screen with 'back' and 'next' and the keyboard thing, so I tap 'next'. It then says 'Please wait, loading Language settings' and refuses to continue. I am using a SanDisk Ultra II 2GB cf card and I have a Linksys WPC11 ver.3 PCMCIA wireless card (leaving the card in or removing it makes no difference).

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!
 Top of the page
t0078543 Page Icon Posted 2007-12-23 7:59 AM
#
Factorite (Junior)

How can I do to use my CF wifi card on my j720?
 Top of the page
bvjones Page Icon Posted 2007-12-23 5:57 PM
#
Factorite (Senior)

Are you already running JLime on the 720? Does your CF wifi card work in the "regular" WinCE environment? That's a starting point...

If the answer is "yes" to both of these, then there is probably no reason it would not work in JLime. Get back to us with more specifics and we can certainly help.

B
 Top of the page
bvjones Page Icon Posted 2007-12-23 6:06 PM
#
Factorite (Senior)

Hey, Lagonium!

Sorry you've had no answer - I think the holidays are slowing us down.

Afraid I'm not much help, other than to suggest that you try re-downloading (in case there was a "hiccup" and/or re-installing. Just from what I can glean from your post, you do seem to have installed correctly.

If that doesn't do it for you, guess we'll just have to be patient and wait for the gurus to get back from vacation .

B
 Top of the page
t0078543 Page Icon Posted 2007-12-26 12:19 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

how can I use chinese on this system?
 Top of the page
bvjones Page Icon Posted 2007-12-26 3:33 PM
#
Factorite (Senior)

t,
Do you mean JLime on the J720? You may want to post that question over on the JLime forums (JLIME) - but I certainly haven't seen mention of any asian languages there. Chinese is a LOT harder to 'port into one of these Linux versions than the various Eastern European Languages - but perhaps something is out there that could work.
B
 Top of the page
ALANN
ALANN Page Icon Posted 2008-11-28 12:05 AM
#
hagisbasheruk - 2007-05-15 9:04 AM

A couple of new screenshots for you

Mplayer streaming the Mummy movie via internet in an X terminal

MilkyTracker sound tracker

Top of the page
1 2 3 4
Jump to forum: