x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

linux + touchscreen problem

webblaster Page Icon Posted 2007-05-13 12:50 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

when I click somewhere on the screen with stylus in linux, it sometimes clicks elsewhere - I tried recalibrating display but no big change
or when I draw straight line in linux it doesn't draw straight line (as on winCE) but some veird line

I tried familiar and jlime with opie,gpe and also icewm on each distros sometimes the touchscreen worked better sometimes It was worse but It was never as good as on winCE

so my question is:
does anybody have same problem? (because I haven't found anything about it)
do you know where can I manually calibrate/configure my touchscreen in linux?

and btw do you know if some linux distro/prebuilt image/kernel supports restoring winCE after linux shutdown without hard reset?

thanks for any advice
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2007-05-13 2:30 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

sorry, somehow the touch screen driver isnt as good as the CE one, maybe there are tricks to improve it, dunno
 Top of the page
RTFM Page Icon Posted 2007-05-13 3:21 PM
#
H/PC Elite

Touch screen is more sensative in linux than CE, as in you dont have to tap as hard on the screen, which is why calibration is tricky. Once calibrated correctly it works just fine. Have you tried running xtscal ( in x11 ) or ts_calibrate (from console)? Make sure when calibrating to quickly and lightly tap the screen. Holding and dragging the stylus too long is what messes up linux calibrate, as again, its *alot* more sensative then in CE. Otherwise the calibration file is located in /etc/pointerscal if you want to manually edit it.

Cheers.
 Top of the page
webblaster Page Icon Posted 2007-05-14 1:27 AM
#
Factorite (Junior)

thanks very much I'm going to try it. I recently installed latest jlime with opie - it was calibrating my display maybe 10 times without showing NEXT button, but then it worked perfect

can anybody give me his /etc/pointercal file ?

Edited by webblaster 2007-05-14 2:02 AM
 Top of the page
bvjones Page Icon Posted 2007-08-09 10:04 PM
#
Factorite (Senior)

I've been having the same problem with my mouse -- it's gotten almost surreal at times! I'll have to try RTFM's suggestion to calibrate the mouse LIGHTLY. It also seems to help to set the "mouse" focus to sloppy (or fuzzy, something like that. I keep forgetting).
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.187 - Cached queries : 44 - Executed queries : 27