x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Geared2003's shell mod

cecrowder
cecrowder Page Icon Posted 2007-05-15 9:51 AM
#
I would like t get some of the features of Geared2003's shell mod, like the icon text box transparency. Unfortunately, installing it causes so many problems that I have to hard rest my MP900c to get rid of it. Does anybody know how to get the Icon Box text transparency?
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2007-05-15 10:56 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

1) desappear with black text and you must have a full background image
2) limpidce with white text, no background needed
3) desktopcol can do all the colours except real white (or so it seems to me) and it doesnt need a background
 Top of the page
Geared2003 Page Icon Posted 2007-05-15 1:34 PM
#
H/PC Elite

cecrowder - 2007-05-14 3:51 PM

I would like t get some of the features of Geared2003's shell mod, like the icon text box transparency. Unfortunately, installing it causes so many problems that I have to hard rest my MP900c to get rid of it. Does anybody know how to get the Icon Box text transparency?

None of my shell packs affect the icon text transparency. You will have to use one of the applications mentioned by Cmonex.
Could you be more specific ? which "shell pack" did you install (name, version number), on which device? Did you have any previous version before ? If you use a 900c, do you use a custom ROM ? and what are the symptoms ? Referring to "so many problems" doesn't help finding a solution...

As far as I know, nobody else encountered "so many problems" with any of my shell packs before, so there must be something else... Thanks for your feedback.
 Top of the page
cecrowder
cecrowder Page Icon Posted 2007-05-15 8:53 PM
#
Filename: geared2003-xp_4.01
Unit: NEC MobilePro 900c
ROM: CMonex custom ROM

This is the filename of the shell mod I used. The problems I encountered were:

1) The My Computer and Recycle Bin icons were replaced with tiny icons that left the rest of the icon space distorted.
2) Many of the builtin apps were left unusable. Trying to run them returned the following error: The xxx (app name) is not a valid wince
application.
3) Stability was near 0. Once the unit stopped responding,only a hard reset would eventually get the unit functional again.

I installed this mod several times and the exact same thing happened each time.

I am sorry that I did not go into more detail earlier, I was about to get my spine worked on and ran out of time.

Edited by cecrowder 2007-05-15 8:55 PM
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2007-05-15 9:26 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

cecrowder: that one is for hpc2000. that's why it didnt work.

you need to use the royale or the nostalgia ones, from hpcmonex.net / geared page.
 Top of the page
cecrowder
cecrowder Page Icon Posted 2007-05-16 12:22 AM
#
Thanks. The mistake was obviously mine.

Thanks to your earlier post, I have the transparent icon text boxes I wanted. Now all I need is a way to change the default system font to the one that I want.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2007-05-16 2:54 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

system font: registry (HKLM/system) or use smalltweak in custom rom (control panel applet).
 Top of the page
-=Quake Raven=-
-=Quake Raven=- Page Icon Posted 2007-05-16 5:22 AM
#
Cmonex how i can change the mouse pointer color, i use the mouse insted of a touchscreen and when i move the pointer i have very difficult to view it, want to cange color with a full black mouse pointer hoping this is more visible, what do you think?
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2007-05-16 5:35 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

i think a resource editor will help. try to open gwes.exe in a hexeditor or a gwes.exe.mui or i can try it for you.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.164 - Cached queries : 62 - Executed queries : 9