x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Cash Organizer 2000

1 2 3 4 5
armymom84
armymom84 Page Icon Posted 2005-06-04 6:11 AM
#
I agree , to be able to do split tranactions & budgeting. Have you contacted them about upgrading to do those functions?
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-06-04 7:23 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

the ppc version (deluxe 05) will run with an aygshell.dll. it's *almost* perfect. problem is the "almost" but if you want to try it you don't need to do much hacking just put the aygshell.dll in the program's folder.. the 16.5K sized one is recommended..

EDIT: sorry forgot about MIPS hpc's.. dunno which aygshell is the best for them

Edited by cmonex 2005-06-04 7:25 AM
 Top of the page
Uncle Ben Page Icon Posted 2005-06-04 8:35 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

armymom84 - 2005-06-04 6:11 AM

I agree , to be able to do split tranactions & budgeting. Have you contacted them about upgrading to do those functions?

Oh yes, many times. The answer is always the same - not enough demand, not cost effective, they'd rather concentrate their resources on more profitable market segments. Can't say I blame them, to my chagrin!
 Top of the page
Uncle Ben Page Icon Posted 2005-06-04 8:48 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Hi, Cmonex - Do you get the full use of the HPC screen, or do you simple wind up with the PPC version onto the HPC wider screen, such that only half the screen is being utilized.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-06-04 10:33 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

it's fully aware of the screen resolution so yes i got full use of it when i tried it. it's just that there're a few quirks but it seems to be working quite well..
 Top of the page
Hurricane John Page Icon Posted 2005-06-06 7:39 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

cmonex - 2005-06-04 10:33 PM

it's fully aware of the screen resolution so yes i got full use of it when i tried it. it's just that there're a few quirks but it seems to be working quite well..

Cmonex

Can you give us one example of a quirky thing that happens when running the PPC version on your H/PC?
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-06-06 8:27 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

it doesn't want to start properly at the first time, after that it's ok. i can't remember more now, i'd suggest you try it you really just need aygshell, no hexediting.
note that it was the trial version that i tested but i don't think the retail version should be any different.

Edited by cmonex 2005-06-06 8:28 AM
 Top of the page
Hurricane John Page Icon Posted 2005-06-06 12:00 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

A Word of Caution to Inexperienced Users:

Although it may sound like a cool thing to try, remember that messing around with dll's to get PPC software to run on H/PC always involves the risk of creating unforseen circumstances which might require a hard reset of you handheld.

Backup, backup, backup - before you play with fire.

Edited by Hurricane John 2005-06-06 12:01 PM
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-06-06 12:48 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

huh, really? have you ever had to hard reset because of trying to hack a ppc software onto an hpc? what circumstances are you hinting at?
a caution from my part anyway: never put any ppc dll into windows folder! i don't think you'll have any problems if you stick to this rule (even better if you do hexediting - it is required in some cases). though it won't cause a hardreset if you do this (putting them into windows) because any incomfortable event can be fixed.
of course backup is always important no matter if you're doing hacks or just use the machine

Edited by cmonex 2005-06-06 12:51 PM
 Top of the page
wally
wally Page Icon Posted 2005-06-06 2:33 PM
#
Hurricane:

The only PPC CO issue I know of is stalling when first loading the program. Simply click the stalled window and then click closed the NULL pointer error message. All seems well then.

/rant: Why should we HPC users pay the same price for the HPC version as the PPC users who have more features. Inesoft, you listening?
 Top of the page
wally
wally Page Icon Posted 2005-06-06 2:34 PM
#
Hurricane:

The only PPC CO issue I know of is stalling when first loading the program. Simply click the stalled window and then click closed the NULL pointer error message. All seems well then.

/rant: Why should we HPC users pay the same price for the HPC version as the PPC users who have more features. Inesoft, you listening?
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-06-06 2:41 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

yes this is the issue i already spoke of. though i don't get the null pointer error but my aygshell isn't the same and probably that's why there's this slightly different behaviour.
 Top of the page
Hurricane John Page Icon Posted 2005-06-06 3:41 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

wally & cmonex

Thanks for the information!

Are you both using the trial version only?
Does the stalling happen every time you start the software?

Uncle Ben & Armymom84

Since you both have registered versions of Cash Organizer 2000, have either of you tried implimenting the PPC version as suggested by cmonex?

Edited by Hurricane John 2005-06-06 3:43 PM
 Top of the page
armymom84
armymom84 Page Icon Posted 2005-06-06 8:38 PM
#
No I haven't Hurricane John . I'm still a rookie on the hpc. To scared to try it.
Now let me see if I understand . It is away to be able to use a newer version of cash organizer?

Uncle Ben are you going try it? If you do let me know how it works.

Top of the page
Uncle Ben Page Icon Posted 2005-06-07 8:14 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

armymom84 - 2005-06-06 8:38 PM

No I haven't Hurricane John . I'm still a rookie on the hpc. To scared to try it.
Now let me see if I understand . It is away to be able to use a newer version of cash organizer?

Uncle Ben are you going try it? If you do let me know how it works.

Hi, Armymom84 and Stormy John. No, I am not going to try it because I don't want to crash my HPC. Even though HPC software sales are relatively low in comparison to PPCs, if the migration of a PPC applications to the HPC platform was as easy as plugging in a DLL file, don't you think that Inesoft and all other PPC software developers would have done so already? No, I'd rather wait for the new version and if there is no revision, then I'll have to do without the enhanced functionality. To sum up, I do not believe in hacking PPC applications to make them work on the HPC. Just my opinion.

Top of the page
1 2 3 4 5
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.232 - Cached queries : 69 - Executed queries : 8