x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

They said it couldn't be done . . .

CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2007-05-17 5:07 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

. . . and so far it looks like they were right. Just to satisfy my curiosity, I tried changing the OS to 2.0 on a few simple H/PC Pro and Pocket PC apps using Executability Check, and tested them to see if they would work on my newly-acquired Sharp Mobilon HC-4600. Generally, none of the apps required more than aygshell.dll (which was of course also changed to CE 2.0). Thus far, however, none of them have worked - I always get the "Cannot find . . ." error message.

I'm wondering if CE 2.0 can't recognize aygshell files at all (noting that aygshell stands for Yet Another Gryphon Shell, Gryphon being the code name for the Palm-size PC, which AFAIK was developed subsequently to the first CE 2.0 H/PCs).
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2007-05-17 5:19 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

it can be done IF

- if the app doesnt use 2.11 API's
- or if it does then they have to be unused in the app - but that still requires some hex'ing and to know what to edit, requires a debugger for ce 2.11 (and i will not touch EVC3 debugger again) or lots of guesswork
- if you are lucky enough

palmsize pc does have CE 2.0, no?

it really doesn't mean anything anyway, programs do not 'work' (or 'not work' in this way.

edit: ok, if the apps are ARM (or have arm version) and will run on ce.net 4.2 the debugging part is ok

Edited by cmonex 2007-05-17 5:21 PM
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2007-05-17 5:40 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

IIRC, the official version of CE for the first Palm-size PCs was 2.01.

Is there something I should look for in the hex code to identify which APIs the app uses?
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2007-05-17 7:17 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

any PE analyzer program will tell you what exports it uses from coredll..
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.125 - Cached queries : 62 - Executed queries : 8