x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

wireless connection with 620 lx does not work

JamesBeam Page Icon Posted 2007-05-21 4:48 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hi guys,

I have a Netgear 16 bit card, in a 620lx.

I installed the drivers and followed the directions on typing in the .dll (after inserting the card) (like this site says)

But my machine stubbornly refuses to admit that the world of wireless exists.

Have I missed a step here? There seems to be no clickable way of connecting to my wlan router modem and internet explorer gets no conection to the net.

I tried the upgrades of service pack etc before doing all this wireless driver installation but my 620 lx says that these are not windows ce2.0 programs. I assumed at that time that my chipset was more modern and that this was therefore not necessary - hence the install failure, but now I am not so sure.

I would be eternally grateful, I would sell my soul even(!), if anyone could tell me what I have done wrong.

TIA

James
 Top of the page
SirThoreth Page Icon Posted 2007-07-14 6:01 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Well, I know this is a bit of a late response, but since I just set up a Netgear 16-bit card in an HP 360LX, I might be able to offer some tips to you, or someone else with a similar problem.

First off, my card is an MA401. I used the driver listed here:

http://www.hpcfactor.com/support/cesd/h/0028.asp

I installed the drivers, plugged the card in, and had it pop up asking me for the driver, and I entered prismnds.dll - it recognized it as a network card, and popped up the network card settings window (ie, where you can set DHCP, DNS servers, etc.).

What it didn't do was pop up the wireless config window: I had to bring that up manually, but there was a copy of it running in my system tray, and the icon for it was listed under Program Files. I brought that up, changed my profile name from Default to Home, then entered my SSID, set my encryption to 128-bit WEP, entered my encryption key, hit Apply, then OK. Everything looked fine, and it said it was associated, but I still couldn't get it to work.

So, I did a soft reset, and everything was fine. However, periodically, it's either losing access to the DNS server, wiping out its IP address, or something, because, while it continues to say it's associated, it can't reach any websites, and I need to soft reset to clear up the issue. However, I suspect it may be my router causing trouble, not the 360LX.

Anyway, my first suggestion would be to make sure the Wireless LAN config tool got installed on your 620LX. Check to see if it's listed in the start menu under program files, and it should also be in the /Program Files/ directory on your device. If it isn't, it sounds like something went wrong with the installation on your device, and I'd uninstall the drivers and reinstall.

If it is there, is it detecting that the card is in the HPC? If so, you could try blowing out the driver install and trying again, but it could be an issue with the card: I'd recommend trying it in another computer - mine's been tested and works in both Windows and Linux operating systems (Win98SE, Win2K, Xandros Home, Damn Small Linux).

Are you able to get it to associate with your access point, but just can't get it to browse the Internet? If this is the case, I'd recommend trying to switch to a static IP. That might clear up the problem, and it also allows you to try pinging the IP.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2007-07-14 8:33 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

1) you must install SP1 then NSP. run the exe's on your PC and get teh cabs out of them..

2) after that, not much can go wrong with the installation of a simple cab file.. there are two versions for the ce 2.0. prism driver, hawking and belkin drivers in hpcfactor/hcl - you can try either (if both, then you have to uninstall first one before trying second one)

p.s. control panel is also a good way to look for the config app
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.125 - Cached queries : 60 - Executed queries : 9