x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

HP 360LX and the IR modem driver

SirThoreth Page Icon Posted 2007-05-23 12:13 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Does anyone know what COM port the IR port for the HP 360LX is on? I have this sneaky suspicion it's on COM2, which the generic IR modem driver doesn't support.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2007-05-23 12:37 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

COM3, i think. anyway it is not a driver, just a registry hack, go to HKLM/extmodems
 Top of the page
SirThoreth Page Icon Posted 2007-05-25 5:53 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

cmonex - 2007-05-22 9:37 PM

COM3, i think. anyway it is not a driver, just a registry hack, go to HKLM/extmodems

I think it's going to end up being a moot point, anyway. My 360LX is only lasting 18 minutes on battery with the backlight on, on a relatively new set of nickel metal hydrides, before I hit 33% battery life and the backlight turns off. I'm going to throw a set of standard alkalines in there and see if it's any better/worse. If it drains those rapidly, it's the 360LX.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2007-05-25 6:13 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

cmonex, why exactly is it that you have this insatiable need to go around telling everyone that.

A driver is something which makes a hardware device operate, just because it isn't a binary file doesn't mean it isn't adding functionality.

SirThoreth, as cmonex said, COM3.

What is the MA rating of your batteries? The rechargeables are weaker than alkaline, I used to get a fairly reasonable amount of time from 2200's on a 320 (green backlight). Are you using and PCMCIA cards?
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2007-05-25 8:24 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

C:Amie - 2007-05-26 12:13 AM

cmonex, why exactly is it that you have this insatiable need to go around telling everyone that.

A driver is something which makes a hardware device operate, just because it isn't a binary file doesn't mean it isn't adding functionality.

1) question: why are you bothered by this?

2) fact: i didn't say it didn't add functionality. (it is a great thing that this is available as an easy to install cab file.) i said it is a registry entry and gave the exact location for it, because that can help him troubleshoot the problem. (i.e. he can change the COM port at will, etc.)

3) conclusion: you feel i'm questioning your achievements?

4) the reality: this never occurred to me, it is just some obsession of yours for which no basis or reason exists.

i don't think you'll have an answer to this.

period.

Edited by cmonex 2007-05-25 8:31 PM
 Top of the page
SirThoreth Page Icon Posted 2007-05-27 6:50 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

C:Amie - 2007-05-25 3:13 PM

SirThoreth, as cmonex said, COM3.

OK, that's weird. When I try running it with my phone over IRDA (note, I'm using a ppc-6700 running WM5 as a phone, with Sprint PCS as my provider), even after forcing local, it was trying to dial T#777. I'm assuming the 'T' stands for dialtone (which I'm assuming it was waiting for), which might be the problem - the error I get is as follows:

No Carrier detected.
Verify phone number and then try again.

So, I told it not to wait for a dialtone before trying to dial, didn't put in an area code, forced local, and tried dialing again. This time, #777 doesn't show up as the number it wants to dial before dialing, and it never seems to be able to open the port, nor does it terminate after 120 seconds like I have it set to.

What's really weird is my MP 880 connects with no problem.

What is the MA rating of your batteries? The rechargeables are weaker than alkaline, I used to get a fairly reasonable amount of time from 2200's on a 320 (green backlight). Are you using and PCMCIA cards?

They're 2400 mAh NiMH rechargable AAs.

I'm strongly suspecting the batteries at the moment: even though they're not that old, I was getting much better life on them in the past. Also, swappping out for a pair of alkaline AAs, I've had the system on batteries for 32 minutes, and only dropped battery charge by 16%. So, I'm going to pick up some new rechargables, I think.

As for PC cards, I don't generally use one - occasionally, I'll put a 512 MB SD card in that slot in a PCMCIA card reader, but usually I'm just running with a 256 MB Sandisk Extreme CF card.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2007-05-27 7:11 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

the T is fine, assuming you did put in G G G in dialing patterns (you can play with that though, leave empty lines or maybe enter full number in first line, etc.)

the ppc6700 could be the problem, these wm phones can have compatibility issues with older devices
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2007-06-01 9:44 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

cmonex - 2007-05-26 1:24 AM

C:Amie - 2007-05-26 12:13 AM

1) question: why are you bothered by this?

2) fact: i didn't say it didn't add functionality. (it is a great thing that this is available as an easy to install cab file.) i said it is a registry entry and gave the exact location for it, because that can help him troubleshoot the problem. (i.e. he can change the COM port at will, etc.)

3) conclusion: you feel i'm questioning your achievements?

4) the reality: this never occurred to me, it is just some obsession of yours for which no basis or reason exists.

i don't think you'll have an answer to this.

period.
You think too much.

I'm curious as to why you state this each and every time it comes up. It seems religious.

Answering a question with a question doesn't negate the original question either. To me it seems like a moot point. If you wanted to argue that it is about telling him where to change the COM port you would have stated that is what he should do; you didn't.

You can question my achievements all you like if that’s what you imply I think you’re doing; it's water off the bridge of my nose. All I asked was a question, not for psychoanalysis.

I'm positive you would enjoy me having an obsession. Sadly though, you're over analysing everything I say – again.

SirThoreth,

I would certainly concur on the batteries, sounds to me like they are losing integrity. What is you charge routine like? Have to primed them before? The reghargeables don't tend to be quite as powerful as the single use cells, but I used to be able to go all day on my 2400's.

You could try priming them, but I suspect they're a lost cause.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2007-06-01 10:48 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

C:Amie - 2007-06-01 3:44 PM
You think too much.

I'm curious as to why you state this each and every time it comes up. It seems religious.

Answering a question with a question doesn't negate the original question either. To me it seems like a moot point. If you wanted to argue that it is about telling him where to change the COM port you would have stated that is what he should do; you didn't.

You can question my achievements all you like if that’s what you imply I think you’re doing; it's water off the bridge of my nose. All I asked was a question, not for psychoanalysis.

I'm positive you would enjoy me having an obsession. Sadly though, you're over analysing everything I say – again.

rofl. you are so wrong that it is funny. to elaborate on why: no, i don't care if you have any kind of obsession, just look at your own words, they deserved that reply from me. it doesn't matter who behaves like this, they will always get this kind of reply from me.

as for your original question: i already answered it, it was to help. it was not religious, and if you think so then it is you who is overanalysing.

Edited by cmonex 2007-06-01 10:52 AM
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2007-06-01 11:23 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

This isn't a discussion which will be continued here. Suffice it to say we are both laughing at eachother; so it seems.
 Top of the page
TFGBD Page Icon Posted 2007-06-01 11:49 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Aww, can't we all just get along! If anything, I think you guys just had a disagreement about what really makes a "driver". Hey, maybe you both overanalyzed this whole situation. (I dunno. I'm not good at noticing these things.) Annnyyyywaaay.... Don't worry so much. Come on. Have a hug! Don't sweat silly differences like these! **HUGS** There now... thats better! Seeya!

Edited by TFGBD 2007-06-01 11:51 PM
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.171 - Cached queries : 67 - Executed queries : 10