x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

DUMP THE ROM OF THE HP320LX

Gilbert Page Icon Posted 2007-05-25 3:56 AM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Is there a tool witch can dump the rom or access the rom and copy file to a flash disk ?
I want to download the system dll to change someone for remapping the keyboard.

Pherhaps there is an SDK for the HP320LX, I will ask HP for that.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2007-05-25 5:33 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

There is no SDK, it uses the standard CE2 SDK. Have you tried software keyboard remapping?
 Top of the page
Gilbert Page Icon Posted 2007-05-25 6:12 AM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Yes i have ArtSkey on my machine but it's easier to change the keybddr.dll, just change the key in the registry to point to a new dll (it's faster).
By the way ArtSkey seems to slow down the machine.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2007-05-25 8:24 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

Gilbert - 2007-05-25 9:56 AM

Is there a tool witch can dump the rom or access the rom and copy file to a flash disk ?
I want to download the system dll to change someone for remapping the keyboard.

Pherhaps there is an SDK for the HP320LX, I will ask HP for that.

well, i have done the exact same thing on the 320lx's successor, the jornada 720 (except i just wanted the keyboard driver dll from another, "localized" jornada rom, on an US jornada). it works very well! but, your problems are:

1) you need to write a rom dumper (i.e. rom copier) that will run on CE 2.0 and more importantly on SH3 cpu. i collected all the dumpers i could find in years but none support this. i'm not saying this can't be done but i guess not many people wanted to play with the 320lx.
this program would have to be able to read the memory map of the 320lx first (this is cpu specific so some sh3 knowledge can be needed - or maybe there is some api to help), and then after suitable preparation, "just" copy the rom contents from the right start address and write it into a file on your memory card.
2) if you succeed, you then need to dump the files (i.e. extract them out of the dumped rom image). there is still no tool available that would do it on CE 2.11 100% properly and i didn't even have a chance to test on ce 2.0. on 2.11, the rom structure is known very well, only problem is a slightly different compression method but it didn't seem like a big deal. so if 2.0 is the same, then i don't think this is your biggest hurdle.
3) if you have the keyboard driver dll in your hands, you still need to recreate the relocation table for it. this can be done, not too hard, maybe you can avoid sh3 assembly knowledge too - but you might need the basics of it.

so many steps.. still it would be cool if we could do it one day

and i don't know how you want to change it, you do know asm or maybe the modification is a simple hexedit? i never played with them on the jornada.

edit: i assumed you have ce 2.0, at least that's what i recall. but doesn't matter, the same applies to 1.0.

Edited by cmonex 2007-05-25 8:30 AM
 Top of the page
Gilbert Page Icon Posted 2007-05-27 3:51 AM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Hello,
I have found a freeware for HP320LX. It's like windows explorer :
dTree
you can found it at this URL :
http://en.derago.com/categories/2-Downloads

It's able to list the rom content but seems not to copy the rom's files
(If someone arrive I would be
)

As I have two HP320LX I can connect them through dTree and transfer file directly but not rom's files

Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2007-05-27 7:27 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Moved to CE2 support
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2007-05-27 9:54 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

Gilbert - 2007-05-27 9:51 AM

Hello,
I have found a freeware for HP320LX. It's like windows explorer :
dTree
you can found it at this URL :
http://en.derago.com/categories/2-Downloads

It's able to list the rom content but seems not to copy the rom's files
(If someone arrive I would be
)

As I have two HP320LX I can connect them through dTree and transfer file directly but not rom's files

did you read my post above? that's what is needed to get modules from rom. you will never be able to copy them with a filemanager. some files can be copied, the ones that are not modules in the rom but the keyboard driver dll likes to be a module.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.171 - Cached queries : 64 - Executed queries : 9