x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Review: Linksys WPC11 v3.0 (Usedhandhelds.com)

1 2
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2007-06-06 10:52 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

CE Geek - 2007-06-06 3:09 AM

Primarily H/PC 2000. I just put together a fully working J720 (from two with separate issues), which I'm giving to a colleague, and I intended to give her the WCF12 too. But even with nothing else installed, I can't get it to work on that 720. Tray icon stays red no matter how long I wait for DHCP. Tried putting in the static IP address - still no connection.

well i guess i'm baffled now, dont know why i assumed the CF version was free of the subrevision differences/problems
but here is one more try. which driver did you install? (and yes i used it on j720)
 Top of the page Quote Reply
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2007-06-06 2:26 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Actually, I tried both drivers - the WPC11 (both versions 2.5 and 3) one and the WCF12 one from Linksys. Same result. (Uninstalled each one before trying the next. Haven't tried the generic Prism driver yet - maybe I should? Or maybe the Belkin driver?)

Edited by CE Geek 2007-06-06 3:16 PM
rh_elliott
rh_elliott Page Icon Posted 2007-06-24 12:12 AM
#
I agree with Clinton Fitch review this LINKSYS WPC11 v3.0 pcmcia wireless card is A-OK I have no trouble installing it and the driver.

I have two other wireless cards they gave me all kinds of problems could not get them to work BUT THE LINKSYS WPC11 CARD NO PROBLEMS. (I purchase this card from usedHandhelds.com)
from then on I was on the net.
T_Stocker
T_Stocker Page Icon Posted 2007-06-26 4:58 PM
#
For NEC 900c owners running Windows CE 4.2 .NET, just plug the card in!

Not here.

I have a 900c running Windows CE.NET v 4.20. When I insert the WPC11 card (v 3.0) all I get is a window asking for "the name of the driver for this PCCard."

Any help or suggestions.
CAuser Page Icon Posted 2007-06-26 5:24 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

Enter prismnds if you already have it in windows directory or other place. If you don't have it, you can download it from Rich's website www.hpcnec.com.
takwu Page Icon Posted 2007-06-27 2:47 PM
#
H/PC Elder

I believe there's a newer ROM image for the 900C which has the driver built-in. I'm not 100% sure on this as I don't have one
Tom_Stocker
Tom_Stocker Page Icon Posted 2007-07-02 5:44 PM
#
CAuser - 2007-06-26 5:24 PM

Enter prismnds if you already have it in windows directory or other place. If you don't have it, you can download it from Rich's website www.hpcnec.com.

Thanks very much. That worked.
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2007-07-02 6:23 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

takwu: that's correct, cmonex v1.0 has it
encore
encore Page Icon Posted 2007-07-05 5:51 AM
#
Hi Everybody,

another new user
just got an nec 900c two days ago and am gettin to grips with wince4.2, sorted printing but am missing the net on it so have taken the plunge for the WPC11.
i'll update the thread on this but it cost me £7 via a popular auction site =-) couldn't believe they were so cheap cos I thought it'd be asought after item?! so if anyone is in the UK and wants a spare or 10 they're out there.

jamie
p.s. i'll fire a link once i'm browsing on my mobilepro
encore
encore Page Icon Posted 2007-07-14 5:27 AM
#
Hey,

Lol, the girl on ebay I got mine off has shifted 11 in one week. I have to say once I got mine working I'm very impressed with the stability of the card and a good signal all over the house.

BTW thanks for the review Clinton, its invaluable to know what hardware works, especially with such a "particular" item as a handheld pc

Jamie
p.s. i'll not link the ebay thing because I'm sure any folk in the UK wanting one can find it anyway
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.183 - Cached queries : 63 - Executed queries : 8