x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

WMP 7.1 for HPC???

1 2
BANE J720
BANE J720 Page Icon Posted 2005-04-03 6:56 PM
#
Hey. was perusing google, looking for a program to play wmv files on the jornada, and i came across windows media player 7.1, but this is only available forPPC, though works with arm 3.0processors. I have installed ppc programs on my HPC before and they have worked, so I was wondering is there any way to get WMP 7.1 working on the 720??
Thanx guys,

............IB a n e
 Top of the page
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2005-04-03 7:03 PM
#
Avatar image of sophisticatedleaf
H/PC Elder

By 3.0 do you mean CE 3.0? What version of PPC is it for? If 2000, there is a possibility.
 Top of the page
BANE J720
BANE J720 Page Icon Posted 2005-04-03 7:21 PM
#
Says minimum system requirements POCKET PC 3.0 2.5MB ram on znet.

I'll check the windows site maybe..

..........IB a n e
 Top of the page
BANE J720
BANE J720 Page Icon Posted 2005-04-03 7:42 PM
#
mmm ok, I downloaded it, and opened the ex file with winrar. it wouldn't let me instal from pc to 720, but I took the ARM cab out, and copied it manually to the j720. It instals fine from within the machine, but then I go to the folder and try and execute the program and nothing happens... no errors even, just nothing...

.............IB a n e
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-04-03 9:55 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

hey. look in the cab file with a hex editor or total commander, etc. on your PC and search for .dll files. then you can guess which dll's it needs to call. for example, i've got four or five different aygshells, one of them may work (of course if the program calls aygshell). hope it'll work out for you.
 Top of the page
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2005-04-03 10:41 PM
#
Avatar image of sophisticatedleaf
H/PC Elder

Can you do that with Total Commander on CE too?
 Top of the page
matrixcore Page Icon Posted 2005-04-04 12:52 AM
#
H/PC Elite

I remember having seen in some HPC spanish site that a guy has successfully got WM7.1 going on an HPC2k device (specifically a J720). he posted the files required to get it going, but the site admin took them offline for obvious reasons. So that means it is in effect possible to run it under HPC2k

Hope this helps

BTW, if you can do it, could you give us a hint of what dll's are needed.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-04-04 11:40 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

I have had Media Player 7 running on the H/PC for years in one guise or the other, but everyone needs to appreciate that it has no optimisation and video doesn't run all that well, next to betaplayer with it's optimisations.

It is even possible to get ActiveX layback through IE, well I got audio working - wasn't in the mood to go further with video - little point.
 Top of the page
BANE J720
BANE J720 Page Icon Posted 2005-04-04 1:33 PM
#
soo basically what you are saying is that there is no point in expending the effort to get it working? Forgetting wmv playback, is there actually any benifits of running 7.1 as appose to the 1.2 version in the rom!?

.....IB a n e
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-04-04 2:07 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

ProgramSynthesiser - 2005-04-04 4:41 AM

Can you do that with Total Commander on CE too?

no, sorry
it has a "viewer". but it only uses IE and in many cases will not display anything. workaround: you can rename the files to .txt but it's far from ideal. and it's only for viewing. you should not try hexediting them (would go wrong easily). so, better to have a PC for it...

OK, i recall now that there're some hexeditors for HPCs. but, in japanese... and i have never got any japanese program to work. i'm really sad for this because there's a great screenshot program in japanese that can do not only .bmp but .jpg and .png!! (free, of course)

Edited by cmonex 2005-04-04 2:09 PM
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-04-04 2:15 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

It looks like windows media player 6.4 on the pc, and can connect to http streams on standard ports (not non standard). No play list manager and no skins.
 Top of the page
BANE J720
BANE J720 Page Icon Posted 2005-04-04 4:37 PM
#
LMFAO! Ok, I downloaded a hex editor, and have opened the cab file in it... but I don't have a farkin clue whee to go from there.... I don't see a list of what dll.ls it calls, just LOADSA numbers.

.......Ib a n e
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-04-04 7:31 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

This isn't something I can remember off the top of my head.
If you can hold out until I get my email back up and running I will gladly mail you the necessaries.
 Top of the page
matrixcore Page Icon Posted 2005-04-24 7:26 PM
#
H/PC Elite

you should try to install the cab on your H/PC and copy the files back to your desktop. then upload the hexedited files back to the H/PC.

Hope this helps
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-04-28 5:45 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

even better if you hexedit the cab before installing! then you can be sure you didn't miss a dll. i did earlier...
and this way, no copying back
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.235 - Cached queries : 68 - Executed queries : 8