x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

My new Project: "Quickstart" for NEC 900c

1 2 3
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2007-06-20 8:11 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

yes, exactly my opinion!!!

1. start menu key mapping
2. taskbar

that would be soooo cool and near perfect
 Top of the page
Geared2003 Page Icon Posted 2007-06-21 1:47 PM
#
H/PC Elite

Thanks for your comments and feedback, but I need to stress 2 things:

-This is a package containing different freeware apps and skins. I do not take credit for the main application (Sqnet), which was initially coded by Tatsuya Sakamoto for the Sigmarion 3, and never translated in English (there was a similar application for older HPCs too, but with less functionality and some disadvantages) . So, my only contribution was to create a "concept" based on these different apps and skins, and to implement it in a ready-to-use package. I don't even have the source code of Sqnet...!

-As such, this is a skinnable multi-function launcher and utility: it can do much more than a simple start menu replacement, but it is not exactly meant to replace the default start menu. It can definitely improve your productivity though:
when you are on the go with your HPC, you want to do things quickly (otherwise you would carry a laptop...). If you get really used to quickstart , you will see its "true power": for example, you can do many things without using the stylus (hotkeys, arrow keys to navigate between items...)

But if you are only looking for a skinnable taskbar and start menu replacement, this is not for you, sorry to disappoint you... I know only one truly usable solution that does that: the bsquare shell on the MAUI ( but it is in ROM, and not freely available).

There are also 2 taskbar replacements:
-Gigabar, which is very slow (a true piece of bloatware with incredibly complicated settings - sorry for the developer...),
-Wisbar which was made for PPCs only: on HPCs, it is a real downgrade compared to the default CE taskbar, so I would never recommend it. A Mips CE adaptation was made for the BE300 (Beebar): it is better than Wisbar, but it is not exactly what I am looking for ( and there is no available source code). I did manage to map the start button to Quickstart/Sqnet using Wisbar Advance on the NEC 900c, but I uninstalled WBA because I really don't like it.

So if the community is looking for a real taskbar/start menu replacement, it should definitely be feasible, but we need talented programmers to code a brand new app similar to the Maui taskbar. Sadly, those really talented programmers are not very active on the HPC front ( see the developers arena in this forum...) - only engaged hobbyists are really committed to the community, but they can't do everything, that is the sad truth... We would really need something like the XDA developers community: I will never understand why these people are wasting their time with those smartphone gadgets though

Top of the page
me.home Page Icon Posted 2007-06-21 2:15 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

cmonex - 2007-06-17 8:07 AM
i got the stuff, going to try it and upload it

please post when it's available on you homepage.

This looks so cool !
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2007-06-21 3:33 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

Geared2003: yeah, i understand what you mean. anyway i'll try to see if the cool start menu can be mapped to the win key without using wisbar.

lol @ the xda-dev comment

and yes i'm sad that there is no one who can do this. or someone who could help with my hacking projects. there is only so much you can do alone (a day is only 24 hours)

anyway, i'll extract that maui shell.
 Top of the page
TooFar Page Icon Posted 2007-06-21 4:04 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

I am not a genius in programmation but I know a good java and a little c++, and I want to learn so much, if you need a hand, just a little, testing some files, everything... I want to learn!
 Top of the page
rgisondi Page Icon Posted 2007-06-21 4:12 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Please cmonex can you put on your site this new packaage?
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2007-06-21 4:50 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

yes, just trying to do too many things at once link will be there soon!

until then you can download from: http://hpcmonex.net/gear/QuickStart_NEC_MobilePro_900c.zip
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2007-06-21 4:51 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

TooFar - 2007-06-21 10:04 PM

I am not a genius in programmation but I know a good java and a little c++, and I want to learn so much, if you need a hand, just a little, testing some files, everything... I want to learn!

that's cool, thanks.

send me an email to contactchan at freemail.hu
 Top of the page
Kargul.pl Page Icon Posted 2007-06-24 12:49 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

I've tested it on my Mio269+ and it looks fine only in landscape mode - in portrait its making mess on the screen . It has very interesting taskbar but this taskbar is always on top even when you lunch full screen aplication its stays on top .

Edited by Kargul.pl 2007-06-24 12:53 PM
 Top of the page
1 2 3
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.285 - Cached queries : 63 - Executed queries : 12