x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

pocket on-schedule for ce 4.* !!!???!?!?!

Guyturf Page Icon Posted 2005-04-05 7:45 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Hey all

I found pocket on-schedule last night and was really excited. They offer a version for ce.net and everything.

Downloaded it, installed it, synched it... all appeared seamless.

But it wouldn't start. Told me that I should check the location or that some libraries might be missing.

I've emailed odyssey software about this, but I'm wondering if anyone else has tried this program and got it to work?

Thanks!

Guyturf
 Top of the page
David G
David G Page Icon Posted 2005-04-09 9:11 AM
#

I am using a neta980 ce.net4.1 tablet. It comes with Pocket On-schedule built in. However, no host software. I tried downloading the patches, trials, all. I get the same messages (errors).

Let us know what happens.

Thanks
 Top of the page
Guyturf Page Icon Posted 2005-04-09 5:41 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Got a reply from Odyssey re: this great program they have.

It went as follows:

There are several new devices that we will not work on. We are currently trying to gather the information we need from these manufacturers to correct this. I will keep you message and let you know how this progresses

Dan Waters
support@odysseyinc.com

I highly recommend that any of you that are looking for truly powerful PIM have a look at this software and email them requesting it. If there are enough interested people I'm sure they will work harder at solving the problems.

It works on my 780, and all I can say is wow... we're talking Franklin planner on a handheld, plus email, fax and anything else you could want in one place, even a phone dialing setup that plays the tones for you to dial with.

I could drool!

If only it worked on a 900c.

Guyturf
 Top of the page
takwu Page Icon Posted 2005-04-09 10:24 PM
#
H/PC Elder

I will give it a try on the Smartbook... soon.
 Top of the page
takwu Page Icon Posted 2005-04-16 7:11 PM
#
H/PC Elder

Tried it, error.
Exec check says it needs HTMLVIEW.DLL and IMGDECMP.DLL

Edited by takwu 2005-04-16 7:19 PM
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-04-17 8:03 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Interesting, they must have changed the API libs under 4, and HTML View is used to dispaly formatted control boxes, and the other file is the Windows CE graphic file decompressor (GIF, JPG).

Hyperthetically if the controls exist under another name, you could just replace the links in the application with the new names - you would have to find them first.
 Top of the page
takwu Page Icon Posted 2005-04-17 7:35 PM
#
H/PC Elder

Yeah I thought that was strange too.

But anyway I'm not going to bother. I didn't know Pocket On-Schedule used its own database, which only syncs with Outlook, or the PC version of Pocket On-Schedule. I prefer the Pocket Outlook database so I can sync with any PC software I choose; for example I use Windows Address Book for contacts.

I might just use CE Agenda, and Kai's Contact Manager as John suggested on the ppcmag board.
 Top of the page
Guyturf Page Icon Posted 2005-04-17 8:42 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

I tried ce agenda and it didn't show my calender or tasks on my 900c. I really don't like the 900c's calendar look especially, I'm used to the 780 and prefer seeing a one month calendar side by side so I can quickly pop to the day I want without having to open a drop down menu or something.

I need more power!

grunt.

Still wish pocket-on-schedule would work.

Thanks for trying!

Guyturf
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.171 - Cached queries : 45 - Executed queries : 29