x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

MMCE (Picture and album viewer): English language CE.net port

1 2 3 4
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2007-07-07 3:16 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

question. does the ppc version have CE3 (ppc2000/2002)?

i need to know (i got some ideas). thanks.
 Top of the page
TFGBD Page Icon Posted 2007-07-07 3:31 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Hey. Can someone provide the source code? Geared2003: You did say it was GPL/open source, didn't you?

If someone can provide the source code, I'll gladly try to compile it for x86, MIPS and CE 3 ARM (if Possible)

Hopefully it will be trivial!

Top of the page
iamjoe Page Icon Posted 2007-07-07 3:59 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

no. ppc version only supports wm03 up, at least according 2 the author.

i have no ppc 2002 machine and never tried 2 hack it for ppc 2002.

mainly use the win32 version coz i have no ce.net arm hpc any more. so, i did not bother to check out the details of development halting. (Most of the infoz are in JP).

just now, after a few googling, i found all development jobs had been stopped 12 months ago, incl. win32 and mobile version. even in the past, there seemed 2 be no source code avail.

i did not have the source code

Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2007-07-07 5:03 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

ok then you would have to implement those functions for ce3. :/

as right now, app runs on ce3 with my hacks but pics wont work of course.

too bad, app looks so neat.
 Top of the page
BigAl
BigAl Page Icon Posted 2007-07-07 7:27 PM
#
Please allow me demonstrate my ignorance; have the revised version of MMCE, now, how do I open the RAR file and install it?
Thanks.
 Top of the page
BigAl
BigAl Page Icon Posted 2007-07-07 9:47 PM
#
Aha.....I see from a Google search that it's a compression program (one I have no knowledge of). I assume, since the CNetX unzip refuses to touch it, I shall have to use WinZip. Pox, I shall have to fire up the laptop......or, is there a workaround?
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2007-07-07 10:19 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

pocketrar or xacrett can extract it, i guess

btw rar is a pain. this is the reason why i repackage the geared stuff into zip when hosting them
 Top of the page
nickel3 Page Icon Posted 2007-07-08 1:28 AM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Hi,

I have tested it on T-Sinus Pad with WinCE.Net 4.1 with strongarm. Very good for picture viewing. Better than all I have used for picture viewing up to now. Very fast on 350 jpg Pics on CF card via PCMCIA adapter. Exactly what I need for customising my T-Sinus Pad Rom. Good rescue work. Sources will be good for further development.

regards

nickel3
 Top of the page
Geared2003 Page Icon Posted 2007-07-08 3:46 AM
#
H/PC Elite

nickel3 - 2007-07-07 7:28 AM
Very good for picture viewing. Better than all I have used for picture viewing up to now. Very fast on 350 jpg Pics on CF card via PCMCIA adapter. Sources will be good for further development.

That's exactly why I translated this soft (which was not an easy task...)

Mangameeya source code is not available: there was a GPL violation concerning the PC version ( some PDF code was "borrowed" from XPDF).

But I could find is a very similar Open source project, called CDisplayEx, which is also very fast. It is not as feature rich as Mangameeya, but can read more formats.

The Source code (English, Win32) is here:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/cdisplayex/

More info is available here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CDisplay

So there is some hope, if we can find someone who can port this application to WinCE...

Edited by Geared2003 2007-07-08 3:49 AM
 Top of the page
Geared2003 Page Icon Posted 2007-07-19 2:25 PM
#
H/PC Elite

I have just finished a small update of the MMCE package:
July 19 version:
-true ARM compatibility ( thanks to Cmonex and Kimstudio)
-some string translations were corrected,
-some dialogs windows were optimized for Landscape QVGA and HVGA screens,
-font display workaround for WinCE 4 and 4.1 devices: If you use a WinCE 4.0 or 4.1 device, you might encounter a font display problem in title bars and explorer mode icons. In that case, just copy the provided file (symbol.ttf) in the \Windows\Fonts folder of your device. Soft-Reset.

Download it here:
http://rapidshare.com/files/43854962/MMCE.zip.html
 Top of the page
RickardJ Page Icon Posted 2007-07-20 8:05 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

I tried the latest version (in the 07-19 post) on my CE.NET 4.1 SIMpad, but it was back to the old "eat cpu but don't show any windows"-behaviour of the un-armified(!) version. Thanks for the tip about the symbol font, though

I can help you test further versions for a while if you want, but I'm going to switch the machine over to Linux (want/need the hardware mods so I can have storage and wifi at the same time).

(edit: simPAD, SIMpad, schwimPAD..)

Edited by RickardJ 2007-07-20 8:11 AM
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2007-07-20 11:12 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

i checked that version. it is still xscale. Geared2003, did you maybe confuse the versions and released the xscale one?

RickardJ: test this please: http://hpcmonex.net/others/MMCEarm1.zip
 Top of the page
Geared2003 Page Icon Posted 2007-07-20 11:31 AM
#
H/PC Elite

RickardJ - 2007-07-19 2:05 PM

I tried the latest version (in the 07-19 post) on my CE.NET 4.1 SIMpad, but it was back to the old "eat cpu but don't show any windows"-behaviour of the un-armified(!) version. Thanks for the tip about the symbol font, though

Sorry, I put the wrong exe file in the CAB installer...
Please try the new package here:
http://rapidshare.com/files/44016961/MMCE_July20.zip.html

I have tested it on my Dot320 arm PDA (CE 4.0): it works nicely, and the font problem is solved. Please tell me if it also works on the Simpad.
Thanks a lot for your feedback.
 Top of the page
RickardJ Page Icon Posted 2007-07-20 5:27 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

cmonex - 2007-07-20 5:12 PM

i checked that version. it is still xscale. Geared2003, did you maybe confuse the versions and released the xscale one?

RickardJ: test this please: http://hpcmonex.net/others/MMCEarm1.zip

Works. The "July 20" version from Geared also works. Some of the dialogues are (still) too small, but it's OK. I understand that not everyone has an 800x600 screen

Let me just add a tip for those who are trying this program:
Increase the image cache in "Tools->Configuration->General" and make sure you have "Tools->Pre reading.." on. Made a world of difference for me, reading comics is actually faster on my handheld than it is on my laptop.

Thanks again for all the work you guys (and gals) have done on this.

Top of the page
Geared2003 Page Icon Posted 2007-07-21 3:39 AM
#
H/PC Elite

RickardJ, does the Font display workaround also work ?
Cmonex, can you please upload my latest version (July 20) ? MMCEarm1.zip is the older one (with some translation errors). Thanks.

RickardJ, the original Japanese version used PPC-sized dialogs for the Sigmarion3 ( 800x480 pixels). I converted the dialogs for HVGA screens, because there are a lot of NEC900c users...

Top of the page
1 2 3 4
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.273 - Cached queries : 67 - Executed queries : 12