x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

February Crash: Belated Good News

C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2007-07-03 7:37 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

As you all know, the forums file attachments were all lost in the Great Crash back in February. I found the backup tape from when we launched HPC:Factor v2, which had the old forum databases on it - complete with binary stores of the forum attachments up until that point.

I've had one of my servers decompress them today, to be reminded that we changed the attachments system in V2 and everything has completely random Global Unique ID's - doh.

I've spent most of the afternoon manually remapping the files to the database, and I am very pleased to report that I managed to recover over 45% of all that was lost! Better than nothing, I am sure you will agree!
You should find everything up until the V2 launch back in position - just look at the first pages of the H/PC desktops thread

p.s. If you experienced a 404 at around 0030 BST tonight, that was the server decompressing everything back into the stores.
 Top of the page Quote Reply
Bensawsome Page Icon Posted 2007-07-03 9:28 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

NICE! Good job C:Amie. Looks much better.
Thanks very much
 Top of the page Quote Reply
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.127 - Cached queries : 59 - Executed queries : 9