x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

~Q~ at School
~Q~ at School Page Icon Posted 2007-07-09 2:03 PM
#
love the icewm look and the automatic "suspend"... not to mention firefox seems to work much faster and mplayer has a gui interface.. but there's a couple things that are weird.. i'm sure they're easy fixes but i'm pretty new at this...

1-the displayed battery life is either very skewed or icewm eats batter life much more than gpe and opie..
2-mini-browser closes for no apparent reason
3-dillo's text is really small
4-i couldn't locate a way to change the "quick launches"... default is x-chat, console, and mini-browser.
5-i don't have an idea how to change date and time... and background for that matter.
6-package manager seems really buggy... doesn't like to work sometimes

but overall i like this more than your previous images... tho gpe works better for my needs

thanks,
~Q~

ps- could you please repackage them easier to install... the way gpe is packaged is ok.
 Top of the page
RTFM Page Icon Posted 2007-07-10 12:39 AM
#
H/PC Elite

Where to start....

1) Displayed battery life jumps around a bit during heavy cpu usage, and really isnt all that accurate in the 2.4 kernel to begin with, but otherwise generally seems semi accurate. There is no automatic "suspend" btw, just apm shuts the screen off after a few minutes of inactivity. Actual suspend happens when you use the power button. Maybe thats why it seems to eat battery more as you arent in actual suspend. I've gone a good 7 hours constant use on mine and battery life was still at 38%.

2) Gpe-mini-browser cant handle ssl, and yes, ive noticed on some more complex sites it has crashed. Not much i can do about that.

3) Easy fix. Edit /home/root/.dillo/dillorc and change font size to your liking. I like it set at 1.0, as default is 0.6 and is quite small.

4) All icewm configuration files are in /usr/share/icewm. Edit whatever you want to change to your liking.

5) Date/time should be auto configured at boot ( so long as you are connected to the internet at boot ). Otherwise in a terminal or console type date 070923232007 which will set the date to July 9th 11:23pm 2007 ( change date/time to your current )

6) Its gpe's package manager and is pretty useless in gpe as well. I still recommend just using ipkg install/remove from command line.

The download tarball shouldnt be any different than the gpe tarball. There should be a fat16.tar.bz2 and ext2.tar.bz2 inside, just like i did for gpe...but will look into it eventually.
 Top of the page
Qkall Page Icon Posted 2007-07-10 12:21 PM
#
Factorite (Senior)

thanks will check those things out... and the tarball thing is... well when your done extracting, the files are in individual folders, one ext2 and one fat, and then you have to copy them over to the cf card... and if your not logged in as root you'll lose permission... luckily PS was there to show me the light and i learned a couple new commands.
 Top of the page
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2007-07-11 6:56 PM
#
Avatar image of sophisticatedleaf
H/PC Elder

Top of the page
Qkall Page Icon Posted 2007-07-12 12:09 AM
#
Factorite (Senior)

sorry i'm totally suck-tastic... i couldn't figure out 3 or 4 ... i checked dillo's site.. wasn't much help at all... :-\
 Top of the page
RTFM Page Icon Posted 2007-07-12 5:15 AM
#
H/PC Elite

Well, if you can wait a bit, i'll fix it and a few other bugs with next upload. In the mean time have you ever used MC? Open a terminal and type mc. A nice norton commander-like file manager opens up. Use the arrow keys to navigate to /home/root/.dillo. Find dillorc, highlight it, hit f4 to edit it. Change the font size line to 0.9, hit f2 to save. Restart dillo and you'll have larger fonts

To change the shortcuts on the toolbar, again use MC. Navigate to /usr/share/icewm, highlight toolbar, hit f4 to edit, make your changes and hit f2 to save. Restart Icewm.

Cheers.
 Top of the page
RTFM Page Icon Posted 2007-07-12 10:27 AM
#
H/PC Elite

Done. Some bug fixes and dillo fonts etc fixed and uploaded.

Cheers.
 Top of the page
Qkall Page Icon Posted 2007-07-12 8:27 PM
#
Factorite (Senior)

thanks <33
 Top of the page
~Q~
~Q~ Page Icon Posted 2007-07-13 5:05 PM
#
perhaps the files corrupt? i dl'ed it twice and when i went to extract i get

"
bzip2: Data integrity error when decompressing.
Input file = (stdin), output file = (stdout)

It is possible that the compressed file(s) have become corrupted.
You can use the -tvv option to test integrity of such files.

You can use the `bzip2recover' program to attempt to recover
data from undamaged sections of corrupted files.

tar: Unexpected EOF in archive
tar: Unexpected EOF in archive
tar: Error is not recoverable: exiting now
"

danks
~Q~
 Top of the page
RTFM Page Icon Posted 2007-07-13 8:58 PM
#
H/PC Elite

Hmm, my local tarball extracted fine, maybe the upload went bad. At any rate, re uploaded.Should work now.

Cheers.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.187 - Cached queries : 66 - Executed queries : 8