x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

One-off Warning Amnesty

1 2
clintonfitchdotcom Page Icon Posted 2007-07-10 5:58 PM
#
Avatar image of clintonfitchdotcom
H/PC Elite

Bensawsome - 2007-07-10 4:34 PM

Sorry I started this whole thing.

Ironically in an Amnesty thread...

time to drop the political discussions folks - apology to C:Amie still needed
 Top of the page Quote Reply
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2007-07-11 6:21 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

So to get back on topic...what are the guidelines for bouncing someone off the site....

I mean I know what the violations are, but do you guys have a specific number of infractions or are some more serious wherein a single breech will work?

You said you wiped the database clean and everyone outside the last year has a new slate...any "fun to view" statistics?

Rich
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2007-07-11 6:58 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Merged Rich's stray post into this thread

Rich, to use some Americana. Three strikes and you're out!

Of course there are infractions that will get you banned directly. For example commercial SPAMMER's find themselves sent straight to the ban list.

The base line is laid out here: http://www.hpcfactor.com/info/help/forums/discipline/

I was thinking of adding a noose around the necks of those who get stung, but I don't have access to the SQL Server at the moment to make the database changes necessary. So, for the time being I will not name names.

We are lucky in this community in that we selcomd have to get involved, like the link above says, the place is better being community regulated. There are however 5 members on 1 warning. None higher.
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2007-07-11 7:16 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

I like the idea of a noose...kind of cutsie. Maybe override the users normal avatar image with something like....

(Noose.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Noose.jpg (3KB - 0 downloads)
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2007-07-11 7:57 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

I'll keep it under consideration
Hurricane John Page Icon Posted 2007-07-11 8:20 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

I was thinking that this might be more appropriate.

(flush.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments flush.jpg (6KB - 0 downloads)
clintonfitchdotcom Page Icon Posted 2007-07-11 8:42 AM
#
Avatar image of clintonfitchdotcom
H/PC Elite

C:Amie - 2007-07-11 5:58 AM

Merged Rich's stray post into this thread

Rich, to use some Americana. Three strikes and you're out!

Of course there are infractions that will get you banned directly. For example commercial SPAMMER's find themselves sent straight to the ban list.

The base line is laid out here: http://www.hpcfactor.com/info/help/forums/discipline/

I was thinking of adding a noose around the necks of those who get stung, but I don't have access to the SQL Server at the moment to make the database changes necessary. So, for the time being I will not name names.

We are lucky in this community in that we selcomd have to get involved, like the link above says, the place is better being community regulated. There are however 5 members on 1 warning. None higher.

Just to add to Chris' thoughts here...

It's a fine line we dance on when it comes to regulating the forums. On one hand we don't want to see anyone get slandered or offended, warez being traded and legal issues for the site. On the other hand we don't want to be draconian and approve every single post that is done as it will squelch the free speech aspect of the boards.

Overall though the community is somewhat "self cleaning" (to use a NASCAR term) by-and-large. Thanks!
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.230 - Cached queries : 58 - Executed queries : 17