x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Compaq 2010c and WL110. The perfect wedding?

timagal Page Icon Posted 2007-07-10 8:05 AM
#
Factor Fanatic

Hi!

This is my first post on your forum...

I have been spying on it for quite some time now, but only now, in perfect desperation, I took upon myself to register.

My problem is this:

I have a 2010c (and a colour 810c), and decided to get myself a WL400 router and a WL110 wlan card so I could stealth surf the net without waking up my 4month-old baby.

Everything looked fine, after all, three Compaq products were very likely to work together....

Well, I think I got it very wrong: I have been looking everywhere for a driver that is compatible with both the Mips R4000 prosessor and the Windows CE 2.x OS, with no avail.

I have been reading that this card is, in fact an Orinoco Gold, or a Lucent PC24E-H-FC, but this didn't help much either.

Can any of you gurus give me a hand here?

Thanks in advance.
Regards from Finland
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2007-07-10 8:17 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Have you tried any of the 2.00 Orinoco drivers in the HCL?

Note that 2.00 and 2.1x drivers are not interchangeable.
 Top of the page
timagal Page Icon Posted 2007-07-11 7:53 AM
#
Factor Fanatic

Hello, C:Amie

and thank you for your prompt answer.

I have managed to install both the Oricoco (the WaveLan from Lucent) driver and the Linksys WPC11.

The problem now is that, although the card is recognized when I insert it (Network Card in Slot one), the drivers don't seem to be able to detect it.

In the Control Panel there are only COM1 and Infrared connection options and the same thing in the Pocket Explorer Options.

What am I doing wrong?
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2007-07-11 8:00 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

WPC11 is a Prism driver, you want to pull 2.00 drivers on Orinoco cards.

The control panel will not update with that information, these are for local sync connections.

Have you installed the NSP? http://www.hpcfactor.com/qlink/?linkID=31
 Top of the page
timagal Page Icon Posted 2007-07-11 8:17 AM
#
Factor Fanatic

Hello again.

Sorry, C:Amie, but my desktop is so full of drivers I cannot seem to be able to find it anymore: I'm swimming in zip , setup and cab files.

I went to the Alcatel-Lucent support but with no results.

Can I ask you where from I can download it?

Thank you again for your patience.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2007-07-11 8:45 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

The HCL (It's worth having an explore of this site, there is a lot more to it than a forum)
http://www.hpcfactor.com/hcl/
 Top of the page
timagal Page Icon Posted 2007-07-11 10:39 AM
#
Factor Fanatic

Nothing yet.

I have installed the nsp.HPC_MIPS and the nspMIPS, and it seems that most components were already in the ROM (I might have tried them earlier).

Still it doesn't offer me other options other than the COM1, the IRda and the Nokia Modem Driver.

Do I need to configure the IP manually? What is the procedure after the installation?

You are giving me a great help, C:Amie. I'm afraid I'm not very good at these things and it is fantastic to get advice from someone who's been there before (and succeeded)
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2007-07-11 12:33 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

the ce 2.0 orinoco driver is a strange animal. anyway, just insert the card, and enter the control panel applet for the driver, and set up your network stuff in there. SSID name. WEP if you have that on your network. thats all, DHCP should be ok..

no need to do anything else, wince will detect the wlan connection automatically. just like your desktop. on your desktop, do you need to dial in manually, or tell programs you are on wifi? nope..
 Top of the page
timagal Page Icon Posted 2007-07-18 12:26 PM
#
Factor Fanatic

Once again, thank you all for your precious assistance.

It seems that the problem is not in the card, the drivers or the H/PC (or at least, I hope not, it would really be a weird topping to the situation), but on the Compaq WL400 Wireless Access Point.

I am trying to figure out what is wrong with it: the wireless traffic LED on the left blinks green and the power LED on the right blinks red. No vital signs in the network LED, as proven by the fact that it is not detected by the AP Manager on my desktop.

Well, I hope I can return soon with good news, this time.

Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.156 - Cached queries : 66 - Executed queries : 9