x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Have you checked out the Artwork Index yet?

Hurricane John Page Icon Posted 2007-07-10 12:33 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

Dear Forum Members

If you haven't already done so, I would highly recommend that everyone wonder over to the Artwork Index in the Review Section and take a trip back over the last few years of home page featurette graphics created by Chris Tilley. I think you will be amazed by the some of these beautiful graphic masterpieces and perhaps gain a new appreciation for the great job Chris has done with this one important aspect of the website.

Edited by Hurricane John 2007-07-10 12:34 PM
 Top of the page Quote Reply
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2007-07-10 2:33 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

I've always been impressed with the artwork, but I wasn't sure if C:Amie put it together all by himself. You've just increased my respect for him, John - I don't know how he does it all.

BTW, is that your face on the 13 December 2004 image? (Oh, and anybody else spot the error on the 25 July 2005 image?)
Hurricane John Page Icon Posted 2007-07-10 3:06 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

CE Geek - 2007-07-10 2:33 PM

I've always been impressed with the artwork, but I wasn't sure if C:Amie put it together all by himself. You've just increased my respect for him, John - I don't know how he does it all.

BTW, is that your face on the 13 December 2004 image? (Oh, and anybody else spot the error on the 25 July 2005 image?)

Yes - that's my high school graduation photo.....obviously I had to repeat a few grades!
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2007-07-10 3:16 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Oh yes, that was hot gossip back in the day. I did that at around 4am one Monday morning
clintonfitchdotcom Page Icon Posted 2007-07-10 4:13 PM
#
Avatar image of clintonfitchdotcom
H/PC Elite

I have to agree with John - the artwork is just fantastic that C:Amie does for each review - and the site in general - is just fantastic.

To CE Geek's point, I'm going to take a bit of liberty here so bear with me...

One of the things that drives me absolutely insane is the criticism that C:Amie gets sometimes for how something looks and/or functions on the site. While I'm all for providing feedback to him and I on things, it has to be understood that there is a priority list. If you bring something up that needs attention, it is put on that list - meaning other things could get bumped - based on how impacting that problem is for the site and, more importantly, you as a user. Please provide the feedback but please, be gentle about it. Just because your item isn't fixed immediately doesn't mean he doesn't care or doesn't have the time. It means it is on the list - and it'll get fixed when that item on the list is reached.

It is impossible to know how much time C:Amie spends on HPC:Factor in total. I quit trying to add it up long ago. Thanks C:Amie for all you do to keep this bad boy running!

Whew! Feel better...

Now before someone decides to flame me or accuse me of directing this to anyone in particular, let me squelch that right now. As John addressed his post to Forum Members, I do as well. I'm not pointing to anyone - I'm pointing to everyone.

C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2007-07-10 5:22 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Thanks guys, I appreciate that.

Review publishing normally takes about 2 hours, and yes the odd typo gets in here or there. Anyone who speaks to me over IM knows I usually engage brain on the stroke of hitting enter . Sometimes I have to cut corners due to lack of time (the 790 on the 900c review graphic). I think that they get the point across though, and John Ottini love's them, even if the developers never comment

I put the little gallery in there because the images saw the light of day for a week or so and never saw it again. All the ones that were kept are there (sadly a lot were lost because of a [thankfully] no longer used over-write policy), the good, the bad and the ugly.

Hurricane John - 2007-07-10 8:06 PM
Yes - that's my high school graduation photo.....obviously I had to repeat a few grades!
ha ha ha.

Towards Clint's post:
You really don't want to know. You would have me committed.

I do try and listen to everyones points and work them into things. A lot of the comments people give it takes some time for me to warm to, especially after spending exhaustive amounts of time coding things to (sometimes) receive very little positive commentary, but they are all valued and are all considered based upon their own merits. Takwu's argument for Screen Diagonals being a recent example.

The artwork, just like the rest of the site is an evolution and I will continue to try and evolve it into what you all want to see.
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2007-07-11 7:32 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

C:Amie - 2007-07-10 2:22 PM
I think that they get the point across though, and John Ottini love's them, even if the developers never comment

That's one of the things I like about John - he always gives credit where credit is due.
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.140 - Cached queries : 65 - Executed queries : 8