x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

How to use Windows CE VNC on direct cable connection

Miguel
Miguel Page Icon Posted 2007-07-12 2:25 AM
#
Hi!!

Now I want to do the opposite from the another question: I want to control my computer from my HP Palmtop H/PC 360lx with Windows CE 2.0; with the same last objective: to open Paint and start drawing from the PDA. I'm trying to use only direct cable connection to do that because I don't need large distances, also I don't have a modem or PCMCIA Wireless Card onto my H/PC (and I think it could be uncompatible, but what ever), but I don't know how to establish VNC viewer connection between my desktop and my H/PC through serial cable.

THe HPC:factor manual you published told about a fifth option to connect to a VNC Server: 5.- Connect to the Remote system using Direct Cable Connection; but only the articke explain about the four firsts options, but anything about the last one. Only I know I don't have to use ActyveSync, and?

Is it possible first of all?, Please, help me. I wrote from forums until Microsoft.com, without any positive answer.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2007-07-12 5:53 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Yes, it is possible. The host IP address is: 192.168.55.100:0

Get your serial running at 115,200 or there will be no point.

I will ammend the article with this information.

Edit: Done. http://www.hpcfactor.com/support/cesd/s/0037.asp
 Top of the page
Miguel
Miguel Page Icon Posted 2007-07-12 8:47 AM
#
Thanks, but I really don't understand you very well.
Where do I have to enter that IP host information?
I only install WinCE VNC onto my H/PC, and here only I have a small dialogue box with a combobox where the window told me to enter the VNC and to use hostisplay e.g. snoopy:2, I really donĀ“t understand.
Please, explain me step by step, where do I have to do click, softwares do I have to install onto my PC and my device, everything.
Remember I want to connect using serial port, I don't have a modem.
Thank you so much.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2007-07-12 8:53 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

There is a guide to installing VNC server in the support section.

The address to put in the box is:
192.168.55.100:0
 Top of the page
Miguel
Miguel Page Icon Posted 2007-07-12 9:05 AM
#
I don't know if these informations you need, but the name of my computer is "desktop" and my PC is connected to Internet through a Wireless LAN.
Do I have to establish connection with ActiveSync too?, how do I disable it If not?, Could it be disabling the com1 checkbox or unistalling the software?
Please, explain me all this steps well, I'm making a double effort because my mother language is spanish.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2007-07-12 10:22 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

I'm sorry but as I've written out how to configure the server here:
http://www.hpcfactor.com/support/cesd/s/0036.asp
and client here:
http://www.hpcfactor.com/support/cesd/s/0037.asp

I'm not going to repeat that information.

You can make the connection with ActiveSync running. Connect your device, then once you have the server installed the server address is 192.168.55.100:0 and you're away.
This tells you how to change the port speed: http://www.hpcfactor.com/support/cesd/c/0025.asp
 Top of the page
Miguel
Miguel Page Icon Posted 2007-07-13 8:23 AM
#
Man, you're a genious. Now I can do it.
I only have to configure the speed, because it's very slow, but thank you so much.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2007-07-13 8:27 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

The speed is not necessarily a problem with the connection (wlthough 115,200 is slow). The VNC clients for CE are all based upon 3.3.2 and not very well optimised. As a result they can be painfully slow.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.172 - Cached queries : 62 - Executed queries : 8